You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: He Will Be Missed

Real Ghost Stories

He Will Be Missed

 

This experience was my mother's friend's daughters Amanda, who at the time was 15 years old. It was Mid-January four years ago. I wish I had of been there but I don't know them all that well. My parents told me this story as soon as they got home.

My mother and father were at their friend's house for a late Christmas dinner. Amanda was in the other room with two other girlfriends playing with a Ouija board she got for Christmas. My parents and their friends had just finished dinner and were enjoying a glass of wine when Amanda came running into the dining room full of excitement. She began to tell them that they had made contact with a ghost on the board. She continued to tell them that it was a man in his mid 40's and his name is Mat P.

That's when Amanda's father Tim went pale and asked her if she knew any other detail. She nodded and said he is very sad and misses his family. Tim is a local fire-fighter and as you know when there is an emergency they are usually the first on the site. He looked at my parents and told them that just earlier that day he was at a scene were a man had killed himself in his car sitting in the garage by carbon monoxide poisoning. Tim said that NO ONE but the emergency people and the family of this man knew the identity because it was a suicide therefore they need permission of the family to release his name. He then said the man was in his mid 40's and his name was Mat Pentinal. He was a school teacher.

My parents were upset because he was my younger brothers grade six teacher. He was a terrific man who loved kids and was a volunteered for all kinds of school charities. He was loved by many of us.

The next day it became public and we found out through friends that he had just found out that his wife was cheating on him and he was not taking it well. He will be missed by many. I still can't believe how bizarre it was that Amanda who didn't know him at all was talking to him through the Ouija board and the chances her father and my mother were there to witness all of it.

Other hauntings by Char89

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Char89, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Char89 (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-06)
Hey I totally agree I won't touch one with a ten foot pole and I wasn't there. I just thought it was a very interesting story. If it was Mr. P then I hope he is at peace with himself, and knows how great of a man he is and how much he is missed. It just gave me goose bumps when my parents told me. As for Amanda she has had no issues yet and hopefully never will. Thanks for the comment! 😁
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-26)
Well I won't be as rude as snowhite, ill start by saying the loss is terrible and I feel for the family. And in agreement with everyone else The ouija board definitley isn't a good gift expecially to a teen more likely to use it for entertainment purposes. I also agree in that you could welcome any type of spirit. Has the family experienced anything else involving this board? That little experience could have only lead to her playing it some more?
Tsk! Tsk! Lol
❤
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-25)
Char89: What the heck! Who gives a child a Ouija board for a Christmas present? No offense, but this is not a toy or something that should be given as a toy. This thing isn't a game. I know you want to look at it as this young man trying to make contact, but you have to realize that this may not have been him at all. This could have been something very evil that of course was lying and preying on the fact that Amanda didn't know anything about this man and the suicide, so it thought it would just mess with you a little and see if it could get a little sympathy and work it's way into the lives of these young girls. Keep in mind that the entities that come through on these boards do a lot of lying and can manipulate the person using the board. I sure hope these young girls closed the session in the right way and prayed and ask the Lord to protect them with the white light of the holy spirit! Hope you will convince her not to ever do this again!
My heart goes out to the school teacher and his family!
snowhite (203 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
Well, forget about Amanda and the teacher, I just don't think it is a good idea for the parents to give their child an ouija board as a Christmas present. Amanda was luck to talk to a good spirit, you nevre know who will come through next, just too dangerous.
Ghost_Believer (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
That's creepy! I had the same experience once. My old teacher visited me as I was going to sleep.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: