You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: The Ouija Board & What Followed

Real Ghost Stories

The Ouija Board & What Followed

 

Hello, my name is Frances and I am 15 years old. I have always been sensitive to paranormal activity but in the past few months it's been more than usual.

I only started to research paranormal stuff a few months ago, and when I read about communicating with ghosts, I decided to make my own Ouija Board to have a nice talk with them. I tried it out in my own room, and had a long conversation with a little boy named Jean, who died around 1830 (can't remember the exact date) near the place where my house now stands. He was really friendly, nothing bad happened, but I think after that I started becoming conscious of the ghosts in my house. I often saw shadows in the corner of my eye, had feelings of being watched and once, while walking through the corridor into my room, I thought I saw a little girl, only a toddler, sitting on the floor against the wall and playing with something she was holding. After that, I had another talk with Jean and he told me it was "Van", and later "Vanessa". I also caught several EVP's in my room, notably one where a child's voice says "Wanna go down?".

Recently I also organized a trip with my friends where we would go to a reportedly haunted location on the outskirts of Geneva, the city where I live. Lots of things happened that night, and I won't write about them all, but we did play with a Ouija Board (again). We got hold of a young boy named Godefroy, who had died there in 1912. After a while the only boy in our team started to get bored and asked the ghost questions like "were you from the hippie generation" or "do you want to play hide-and-seek" etc. Godefroy got angry and finally told us "con" (which is a rude way of saying "stupid" to someone). He started getting not very friendly at all and then we stopped playing and left the area.

After that, I started having many bad dreams about ghosts. For almost a week after that, I dreamt every night of this young girl aged about 12, with empty eyes (completely white) staring at me and holding out her hands to me. Once I dreamt I was in Italy visiting a cemetery and it had my name on all of the graves, and then another time I was also in Italy and the same girl was pulling me toward the graves and saying "I know you want to come. I know you belong here." Now the funny thing is that when I was in Italy a few weeks earlier, we stayed in this town on the coast where I had a really bad feeling. I kept thinking of bodies being washed up on the shore, or people falling into the sea at night and just being swept away into the darkness... And for some reason all my dreams seemed to take place in Italy.

After our outing, I also started to feel and hear more things than ever. Often I see a shadow watching me while I take my shower, and when I open the door I see it move away through the wall. And it's not mist either; it's a whole big black shadow that just stands there in the room, watching me.

A few days ago, I also heard a baby crying in the corridors at my school. I asked my friends what on earth that baby was doing here, and they said they couldn't hear it...

What is your opinion on this? Do you think all those events are linked? I would really appreciate your comments.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ebbas_angel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ChewYIn (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-18)
i think all the story that you've been tell are related with the boy name Jean... I think that boy must be somewhere live in Italy or died there... 😐
BielkoVokzyokwoik (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-18)
Your story is very interesting... Although never ever try to use the ouija board. Again
applemunchkin18 (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-31)
See, some spirits roam around for justice or unaccomplished missions. But some cannot find their own peace because of a previous sin. Did they hurt you? Or your friends? All I know is it's better to pray for their souls.
ohiomomof3 (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-29)
I have also heard that a lot of time, while playing with a Ouija Board, that demons can present themselves in any form... I'm not sure if this is an "Old Wives Tale" or "Tall Tale"...but a Pastor had once told me these things. He had said that they may show themselves in a form that you may be more comfortable around at first (family member, child, friend etc) and that they may continue this form to keep you interested... I have heard the same of seances... I have heard that both open a portal to the unknown and that more than likely, a demon will come of it all... Has anyone else heard these sorts of things? I know that generally a Pastor isn't going to lie... But I've also heard these things from family and friends... But I would ALSO (along with everyone else) caution on using a Ouija Board... I am 34yrs old and have never touched one... Nobody can fault you for playing with one... We have all been curious about certain things from time to time... But the reality is, none of us really know a lot about the unknown and what really lurks in the dark... But I would also suggest getting rid of it and try to be rid of whatever has come through it!
CSAofficer (1 stories) (12 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-22)
Hehe! I'm a catholic but nevermind that. Yes it's not right to mess with a Ouija board blah blah. But it's pretty crazy. Have you tried recording any evidence? Show it to the public? 😐
erin19 (1 stories) (41 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
Personal I think that something is following you. You shouldn't of even of used the Ouija Board, at times it can be dangerous or okay like your story with the little boy. Thanks ❤
BlackLady (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-17)
hi,, I'm new here... Though I don't have any communication with any of the paranormal or encounter them. The only thing I joined this website was to know more about paranormal, and to see the different experiences of others. I am very interested to know about the paranormal. And I would like to help you. My only suggestion, is for you to build a strong faith with God, even though you don't believe him. You should pray with all your heart and mind concentrated to him. And please "Believe in God".
Ebbas_angel (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
Thanks to all of you and sorry I didn't answer earlier. I know it's dangerous to play with a Ouija Board, but I didn't know that at first. I just found it all really cool and decided to try speaking to ghosts. Now I know though, don't I, and I swear I haven't touched that Ouija Board ever since! Please don't think I'm looking for trouble.

Also, thanks for the advice about what to do about the shadows etc. I don't believe in God, but I'll try prayers anyway. Any suggestions for non-religious people though? (I noticed these ghost sites are always very religious).

One of the main questions I had though, was: why do I always (or at least very often) seem to communicate with child spirits? The ones I talked to with the Ouija Board were children, the ones in my dreams too. Do you think it might be because I like children so much, and when I research historical events I always look in to the children and their points of view first.

Thanks to you all again and please don't think I'm looking for trouble with that Ouija Board. I've had other experiences too and on another site I started by posting those ones, and the reaction is completely different. I'll post my other stories so you don't think I don't know anything about ghosts and am just playing with Ouija Boards and getting stuck with demons. I've had some really nice experiences with ghosts too.

marifer07 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-29)
hey I'm new to this whole website but I have encountred a few ghosts myself and well the only way to get rid of them is by praying to God ony he is powerfull enough to send these demons back where they came from I'm Christian and I believe only He can help you. Its pretty crazy stuff trust me but thab again you shouldnt be tempteing evil by playing or messing with remember it can lead to way worse things as I'm sure youknow. Be carefull and like I said pray to God he can help.
JimD (431 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-29)
Hi;

First of all, I'm sorry yoiu're going through this. Second,...
I think it's a demon. The Ouija board opens the door to demons. Black shadows out of the corner of your eye is a classic demonic symptom, as is the sensation of being watched.
I counsel use of Catholic Holy water, especially on the bed at night, and saying "Jesus and Mary help me". I do feel the shadow may have a strong reaction thereto!
If Catholic, I counsel frequent Mass, Holy Communion, and confession. I've learned that even some possessions can be brocken with Faith, Mass, Communion, and Confession.
If you need more, please email me at Dukes2352atAOL.com.
PS I'm getting really busy - is Christmas comming?
Chained_Flower (5 stories) (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-29)
Your biggest mistake was playing with the Ouija board. You should never ever play with one. For those who are sensitive to the paranormal it is far from a toy. You need to protect yourself when using one and even afterward, you should cleanse your home just to play safe. A young person like you could easily fall victim to lies, or a dark spirit.

I hope you are able to stop the dreams, as for how sensitive you'll be when it comes to spirits I am not sure. You have opened yourself up to the spiritual world even farther, something I myself did but by different but just as scary means.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you finally end the haunting.
LuvKatz (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-28)
Not very wise of you to play with a ouija board bad things happen... As you can tell all the things you watch on tv isn't completely fake, all I can say is pray and stay close to God. ❤
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-27)
Ouija boards are not toys. I wish people would stop playing around with these things or if they are going to keep playing with them, stop being afraid of what they allow to come through. When you play with fire, you're going to get burned!
Neertzy (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-27)
You should never own, or use a ouija board. I have before, and I regret every moment. I am STILL haunted by whatever we encountered that night. And yes, all those events are linked together. You awoke the "hellpit" and made them aware of your presence. They countinue to bug you, scare you, and pester you until you say enough. Even then, they will stick to your aura. I only say this because I know, I have been in your shoes, and still remain in them.
Zorforler (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-27)
The Ouija Board is not a toy it is a way to communicate with the dead and open a link from this world to there's. Your friend angered the boy and now he is getting his revenge on all y'all.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2010-11-26)
Ebbas: Some of the activity you're experiencing could be as a result of the Ouija, but I don't think all of it is... You mentioned that you're sensitive to the paranormal... At your age, events may begin to happen more often, and be more intense as you age... Not a bad thing since you seem accustomed to the paranormal and don't seem to harbor much fear...

But, I feel you made a mistake by "playing" with an Ouija... It isn't a toy, and it certainly isn't a game... Have you spoken to the friend who was taunting Godefroy?...I'm wondering if he is having any experiences?...He seems more the likely target...

In the future I would suggest you use your GIFT to communicate to who/what ever, instead of a tool not suited for inexperienced ghost hunters... Study up on ways to hone your skills, and MOST IMPORTANTLY: practice shielding techniques...

There is a major difference between "ghost hunting" and "paranormal research"...Ghost hunters (like me 😆) do so because we enjoy the adrenalin rush that comes with being in the presence of an entity... We already know and believe in the paranormal, and don't have any inclination to prove or disprove it to ourselves or anyone else, for that matter... Paranormal researchers use SCIENTIFIC data and instruments to prove or disprove paranormal phenomena in areas and places that are reputedly "haunted"...

Sorry for the ramble!...I've had a lot of coffee today 😆
JarMan (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2010-11-26)
If you have been researching paranormal "stuff", you'd know almost every single investigator out there will tell you the same thing, "don't mess with a Ouija board!"

On it's own a Ouija board is nothing more a tool used to channel spiritual power. It's kind of like a nail, in order to use it properly you need a hammer. In this way, the Ouija board is the hammer and you are the nail.

Ouija boards are dangerous tools to use because you are opening a door to anything that wants to go through and there are no rules on conduct for spirits using a Ouija board; they don't have to tell the truth.

Also, contrary to poplar belief, burning a Ouija board does not close the portal once it's been opened, it will close on it's own accord.

I have never used one and refuse to allow one in my home. I usually won't even talk with people who have used them in the past. It's a foolish endeavor that can lead to a lot of problems.

That being said, you are still pretty young yet, many would consider you a kid. A lot of times kids end up picking these things up and end up scaring themselves.

Shadows turn into "spirits", weird sounds turn into "voices", it's totally common and heard of.

Playing with a Ouija board in a group can get ever more burdensome, because it could simply be your friends messing with the board. It's the same concept behind the "stiff as a board, light as a father" party game, by having many people apply a light touch, it can be moved around while giving the appearance no one is actually responsible.

Dreams can be dreams and I often dismiss them as paranormal activity, not only are dreams easy to misinterpret, but it's also really easy to influence your mind and what you'll be dreaming based on how you are living and your waking activities.
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-25)
lol to the email addy PlaydoughMaster, I think people are always going to want to try ouiji and in most cases test its 'magic' or limits. The attraction of the unknown is just too exciting right? But it seems like you've used it one time too many perhaps with people who don't apreciate its abilities. As for the seemingly persistant voices and dreams it seems like multiple spirits are making you aware of their pasts, fates or pain?
❤ - Luck -
PlaydoughMaster (8 stories) (38 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-25)
You do not EVER abuse the ouija board. The ouija board is something used to help communicate. To everyone its a toy, but to them its a privilege. You need to be a lot safer when using the board. I have yet to find one good thing in this story about nonabuse to the board. Next time you should look into how to use the board safely. After hearing this story though I don't think id use the board ever again until I got rid of the thing that followed me. If you need helps or tips then please email me at ouijacondom [at] hotmail.com

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: