You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghost Train?

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Train?

 

This story I'm about to tell you took place in a little town in East of Sweden for about 2 months ago. I'm 14 years old, and the time of the day was twilight, to set a scene for you.

My father was driving me to my fencing training, a regular Monday evening. When we tried to find a fencing club, the closest one turned out to be a half hour drive from home. It was turning dark by the time we reached a railway. A train was on its way. We stopped and I looked out the window and guessed what way the train would come from. I guessed it would come from the left. I was right.

I watched the train pass by, until I looked away for a few seconds. I was surprised to see there was no train when I looked back. I automatically assumed it had rolled into the station or something, but it wasn't there. Then I saw the train come from the right. I was in shock and asked my father: "Didn't the train just come from the left?". He didn't know. I then said: "Maybe it was on the other track." I had shivers sent down my spine when my father said: "There is only one track."

The train I had seen before was nowhere to be found. This is kind of weird, because I'm one of the few that can see the difference between my imagination and things I actually saw. What do you think I saw that evening?

Other hauntings by SeseAlice

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SeseAlice, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SeseAlice (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-28)
I have looked the thing up, and I found out many accidents had taken place in 2008 - 2009 where I saw the train. Few of the accidents killed someone, but many where badly hurt.
SeseAlice (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-28)
Thank you so much for your comments!

Ebbas_angel: Yes, I thought the same, and I intend to find out if something happened there.

Jzinck: Thank you! I did have my phone, but I didn't have time to take a picture, since I thought it was a regular train~

jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-27)
Thank you for sharing your story. This may be an Imprint left behind. Doesn't sound like anything to be frightened of, although it would be interesting to see. I love trains and this was an interesting story. Remember people, places and things can be haunted! Everyday, everything we do is being imprinted into the atmosphere, so your experience very well could have been an imprint.
JarMan (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-26)
They say we can leave an imprint of our lives on the physical plane of existence. Perhaps this is what you saw?
jzinck (4 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-25)
my grandmother is from finland, but lived in sweden for a while while she was growing up. Neat story! Next time take a camera!
Ebbas_angel (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-25)
cool story! I think that probably an accident happened on that railway and the train's image/ghost (I say image because trains can't really be ghosts since they aren't alive ^^) still goes past. Maybe a long time ago trains went in the other direction on that track or something, or maybe the train was going the wrong way when it had the accident.
By the way I looooooove Sweden and my best friend's Swedish ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: