You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: My Daughter's Friend Ruth

Real Ghost Stories

My Daughter's Friend Ruth

 

This story is similar to some of the things I have read on this site. Took place in Huntington, WV. My husband and our child were living in an apartment complex. One day while my husband was at work I went to check on my daughter she was about 2 1/2 years old. When I walked through the hall I heard laughing thinking that maybe it was the TV in my room and I had forgotten to turn it off. Well my TV was off. I found it odd and needless to say I was a little freaked out.

When I approached my daughter's room she was sitting in the floor playing with her ball. She rolled it to the other side of her room where I could not see it, and, then it rolled back. When it rolled back I heard the same small child laughing. My daughter started giggling too and said "You're Silly". I have no idea who she was talking too.

Later that day when she came out of her room I asked her who she had been talking to. She told me "The Girl" I asked what girl she was talking about and she said "The girl in the white dress mommy" I asked her what the girls name was and she said she did not know.

I told my husband about what I had witnessed after we put our daughter to bed that night. He is also a very strong believer in the paranormal as he has had experiences. A few minutes after I told him what happened our daughter came out of her room and said "The girl won't leave me alone, I want to sleep" Being concerned parents we took her back to bed and tried to console her. She was very upset. After my husband plugged her nightlight back in (don't know how it got out) I looked and I saw and indentation on her bed in the shape of a small child sitting. I just took my husband's arm and kind of pointed toward the bed and whispered to him about the indentation. I was very freaked out now. I asked my daughter if the girl was still in her room and she said "Umm mommy she is sitting on my bed" I almost started to cry I was so flipped out about this. After that I calmed myself and asked the girl to please not come at night to my daughter because she needs her rest and she can play when my daughter is awake.

We have since moved from there and my daughter is now 6. Finally one day about a week before we had to move she came to me and said "Ruth says she will miss me and she wants to come to the new house" I told her that Ruth could come but she has to behave. My daughter said "She no come she has to stay with her mommy and daddy"

Very surprised I said "Ok maybe she can spend the night sometime" this pleased my daughter and when we left for the last time my daughter told Ruth good-bye and come visit us in the new house.

Other hauntings by EvilPixie62379

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EvilPixie62379, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dontxholdxback (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
wow...i love your story! I wonder on what really happened with them (ghosts). Hmm... Does the ghost still visits your daughter in your new home?

Take care always! ❤
SoliK (13 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
I saw things when I was a child. One of them terrified me... I remember talking to "friends" that my parents couldn't see. I think kids are more able to communicate with spirits. It sounds like this one was harmless and probably just wanted a playmate. Has she seen the ghost since you moved to the new house?
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
Wow that would have been a site to see, the ball being rolled back and the indentation on the bed what an awesome experience. Its sad that this little girl is still trapped on that plane of existence I hope she finally moves on to be with her parents. Definitely would be interesting to find out about the history of the house and land.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
Hi EvilPixie, this is a very interesting story. It is nice that Ruth was able to find a friend in your daughter and listened to the rules you set for her. Did you ever research the property to see if there ever was a little girl named Ruth that lived there?
mazza (22 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
Children very often have little playmates. My son had one when he was younger but I never took much notice of it. It was only years later when I became interested in these things that I realised what it could of been. One of my grandchildren also had a little girl to visit her when she was younger. The childs mind is not cluttered with all the things that we as adults have & so it leaves the mind open to many things that we do not realise. This is why ghosts or spirits whatever you want to call them come to children.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: