You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Unknown Figure

Real Ghost Stories

Unknown Figure

 

Hi, this is the first time I make a post on this site, well to be honest on any paranormal activity sight as I have never really believed in ghosts. In comparison to stories I have read recently here, this might not be much to compare but I decided to come here because I have just had an experience which has really freaked me out.

I'm 16 and I and my family just recently moved into this new house. It's a pretty place, nothing noticeably wrong about it; it has a massive garden which is highly fenced with -bricks- (Just specifying). When we arrived it was early evening, so I decided to go the garden and enjoy myself before it got dark. The garden is just plainly an open field of grass with a small hedge (around about shoulder height of a normal person) bordering the perimeter of the garden just before the fence. Just to be entirely clear; the only way to get to the garden is through the back door, which is through the house. So generally the plot of land is like a rectangle (From top to bottom): The front door, the house, the back door, the garden, and fence. It hasn't got any neighbouring houses next to it for at least another 300 meters.

Anyway I spent practically the entire day in the garden; my dad from time to time would pass by while he was unloading some things. A few hours later it got dark and we had dinner over the dining table. Just in front of the table there is a large window to look over the back garden from the dining room. I noticed I had forgotten my football, so I went back outside (the weather was starting to spit and it was by now pretty much pitch black) and as I picked up my ball, suddenly a figure zoomed at an incredibly fast speed right passed me from the left side of the garden to the right. Literally at a speed which no-one I could imagine or know could have run at. I actually even raised my hand towards him; and unless I am mistaken: when I should have been able to grab him, I missed - Whether he went through me or I just misjudged his position I don't know.

Right after I ran to where this figure should have been; somewhere in the hedge and there was nothing. And unless he was some Olympic high-jumper it would've been impossible for him to have climbed the fence in the time given. He didn't seem transparent when I saw him, which wasn't for very long, but he didn't seem entirely clear. The thing that kept me thinking was - how- he could've came into the garden because really it was only a matter of 7 minutes where I wasn't out there, and even more suspicious how he actually "vanished" from plain sight.

My parents hadn't seen anything when I asked them, and there wasn't anything outside afterwards. The thing that made it authentic was that, if I just saw him I may have thought I just had a moment of going mental, but I actually felt a breeze of wind pass as the figure ran, and it felt entirely real, which just leaves me to believe it something in the paranormal field. I don't know any interesting history of the place, but there is a nearby cemetery and a very large forest. I just want to make sure if I'm right, why the hell (if it were a ghost) it would even show up; because I have never believed or encountered paranormal activity, and if it had a purpose?

I'm sorry I don't have much to add about the history of the house or its surrounds. Any helpful comments will be really appreciated. Thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Momomo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Cookiegal96 (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
That sounds very spooky but as long as it didn't hurt you, and hasn't bothered you since it should be fine. If I were you I would look forward to hanging back in the garden... Maybe if your still curious take a video camera out side and catch it. Totally up to you "Good Luck" ❤
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
I don't think anyone can really predict when activity can pop up. I would just be respectful and go about my business. Don't worry too much about getting a scare... If this energy wants to get a scare out of you for kicks... It prob would have already done that.
Momomo (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
I'm usually quite sceptical, and ghosts seem to creep me out, alot; but I guess that could help. Can I ask, do Ghosts appear at any time of the day? Because from most stories I've heard and read, they only seem to pop up at night or in a dark/dim-ish room. Which is practically the best hour to freak some-one out.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
maybe it will make life interesting, living there. Come spring, the best thing you can do, fix up the garden, plant some nice things to show it respect. You just may make a friend, and those type friends are good to have.
Momomo (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
Alright, thanks a lot man really helped. Looks like we have a fifth in our family now. 😳
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
I wouldn't worry about it. You saw something you can't explain, and it prob will happen again. Most haunts just want to be left alone... So just go about your way, and let it do the same.
Momomo (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
So my Garden is haunted..., should I be worried? Would you know if it would be hostile or not? 😕
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
ah, a haunted garden. Many such stories out there... Not surprised. A previous resident may be lingering out there, where he/she may have felt most comforted. Now you know to keep an open eye/ear for anything going bump in the garden.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: