You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: I Knew

Real Ghost Stories

I Knew

 

For the first five years of my life I had unusually high psychic powers. I also have no memories of these five years. My parents, however, have not forgotten at all. I was four years old. It was ten at night and both my brother and I were asleep upstairs. It was at this late hour my parents received a call informing them that my dad's grandmother had died and the funeral would be in a few days.

They discussed things for about an hour before deciding to leave the next morning. As my dad called his work to let them know, my mother came upstairs as began packing some bags. She came into my room and I woke as she started packing. I rolled over and asked her what she was doing. My mother sat on my bed and told me that daddy's grandma had died and we had to leave in the morning for the funeral. I proceeded to say "I know, I saw her in my dream and she told me not to be scared. She said it would be okay..."

I cried when my mother told me this story ten years after it happened. I cried because I was sad that my memories of it were gone and that my psychic abilities had diminished since then. But I also cried for happiness that I once had that power. Though I can no longer commune with the spirits I sense around me, I hope to learn why these memories are suppressed and revive them if possible.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jennifer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I won't be reading the comments.

littlechick (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-26)
you had a dream or a vision - that's all.
I wouldn't call that being psychic. Sorry.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-25)
Not to mention that as we grow older our minds are polluted with the judgements of society. You know the old that isn't real or it was just a figment of your imagination. So that by the time we reach early adulthood we no longer have an open mind.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-25)
My guess is that there was something that happened around that time to frighten you. So you closed that part of yourself off. I happens to a lot of people.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: