You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Dog Thing

Real Ghost Stories

The Dog Thing

 

Since about April of 2010, my family has been plagued by an entity that my brother and I call "the dog thing." We have no idea what it is or why it suddenly showed up. Only my brother and I (who are both clairvoyant mediums) have seen it. Our mom, who has some minor sensitive abilities, has "felt" it, but never actually seen the apparition. Our dad who has no abilities has not.

Like I said before, this thing has been hanging around us since the early part of this year. It simply just showed up one day and probably hasn't left yet. My brother Jon was the first to tell me that a new entity was in the house. He was home alone after school one day, playing computer games when he noticed a black figure standing in the hallway. It was about six and a half feet tall, but most surprisingly; it has looked like a dog that stood on two legs. It had glowing yellow eyes, huge ears, and a long snout. From the collarbone down to the waist, it had the upper body of a muscular man, but from the waist to the feet, it looked like a dog. This entity just stood and looked at Jon for a long time, then turned and walked through the wall into my room. Needless to say, Jon was terrified.

From that point on, it was obvious that the energy in our bedrooms had shifted dramatically. Jon was suddenly afraid to be in the house alone, as it made him feel as though someone was watching him, waiting to strike. The vibe in my room also changed. The air within seemed to be made of lead that pushed on me and weighed me down and made me feel really, really tired. I could go to bed and get twelve hours of sleep, but when I'd wake up in the morning, I'd feel exhausted.

For a while, Jon confided in me all the times he was seeing the entity: in his room, in the hallway, in the living room, in the kitchen. Whenever he was alone, it would appear. I knew he wasn't making this up, because he was terrified to be alone or to even sleep in his room.

One day, I finally had my encounter with the Dog Thing. I was alone in the house, putting on makeup when I got the sudden urge to look outside the door into the hallway. I was just in time to see a black wolf-like dog trot past me and vanish in my brother's room. Initially, I wasn't spooked. At this time, my childhood dog, a German shepherd, was due to pass away soon (He wasn't sick or anything. He was just old and it was his time to go). I assumed his soul was just projecting. However, I did notice that the colour of the dog didn't match up with a projecting spirit. When people or animals are close to death, their aura and souls turn white. This apparition was black... A dark, smoky black. Jon told me that this was the Dog-Thing he was talking about.

It wasn't until a month or so later that I saw the Dog-Thing again. This time, it was standing in the middle of my brother's room. It noticed me and went into typical animal defence mode. Its ears flattened down on its head, it bent into a defensive position, the hackles on its neck raised, and it growled fiercely at me, showing long, curved canine teeth. I just stood there and it vanished into smoke.

The last time I encountered this entity was in early September. I was alone in the house, cleaning my room when I was hit all of a sudden by a powerful energy. I felt it - it was here in the house. It was in my brother's room, fifteen feet away, spinning out negative energy like no tomorrow. I felt sick: my stomach hurt, my legs felt weak, and all of my energy seemed to have been drained away. My thoughts were now slower and it hurt to think.

I staggered to my brother's room and stood there with as much resolve as I could muster at that point. I ordered the entity to leave; its energy was toxic and its presence no longer welcome. Then... There was peace. I felt much better, if drained of energy. It wasn't here anymore and hasn't been since. However, I don't think it'll be gone for very long. This thing has a habit of popping in and out whenever it so chooses. I don't know what it is or why it's here and I need help.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Nebraska

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, The-Red-Daisy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

dogboy114 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-22)
Sounds to me like one of those Jackal costumes that Egyptions would wear... Other then that, I do not know...
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-08)
dixie3333;

"This site is not for kids! Considering the maturity expected for this site, we do not recommend it to anyone under 13. To keep a certain level of maturity and civility on this site, moderators may delete comments that are deemed too juvenile, inappropriate or troublesome, to their discretion. Note: if you feel the need to tell your age in stories or comments, you're too young."
The-Red-Daisy (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
[at] VintagePalmetto
Yes, there are several other entities. The only constant ones would be my spirit guide Nikolaus, my maternal great-grandparents (Zygmond and Myrt), and my paternal grandfather (Don). However, around December, I came into contact with a higher being that calls itself Echo. Echo describes itself as neither male nor female and coming from the "Realm of Light." It has told me that there is a portal in my house or on the property that is frequently used by spirits. That being said, if this is a demon dog, it could be looking for anybody or anything. In fact, it could just be guarding the portal, taking the souls it's looking for. You said it might be looking for its lost humanity. Could you explain further?
VintagePalmetto (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
You might have a hell-hound on your hands. Demon dogs sent from hell to gather souls. Have you been having other entities in your home? That dog might be looking for something, such as an escaped demon, a ghost, etc. Maybe even something from it's past (if it was previously a human on it's time on Earth. But most hell hounds are described like huge black dogs with glowing eyes. And if it was previously a human it might be looking for it's lost humanity (probably why it left when you told it to)
Grimm-Reaper24 (1 stories) (31 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
i seem to be an expert at getting rid of spirits like this... Mostly because they just follow me home. In my apartment I have exactly: 2 demons, 8 ghosts, 12 orbs, 3 mist like aparitions, and 1 bowling ball sized spirit ball. Another additional freaky looking creature wouldn't bother me one bit.
The-Red-Daisy (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-19)
[at] DriftingSoul
This thing has a tail, both when in the dog form and when in the dog/human form. I live in Nebraska and I'm of European descent. I live in a town that the Oregon Trail ran through, where Union troops were stationed in the Civil War, and where several Indian wars took place. I don't see how an East Asian spirit would be haunting an area of the Wild West.
DriftingSoul (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-13)
Its seems that whatever this thing is its looking for something or its protecting something. Weather whatever its doing is good or bad I don't know. But I would make sure the next time you see it try asking it if you have done somthing to upset it or if it is looking for something. It might just show you.
DriftingSoul (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-13)
Ok I am new here but I think I found out what you have and I know it sounds crazy but it looks like you have what is called a P
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-02)
Help is here for the asking, just post any questions here and you are sure to receive many, many techniques (sp) or different ideas on what to do and how to do it, or e-mail me via the address in my profile and I'll share what I've learned over the years. Either way, as I said before, there are many here on this site that can/will help if you just ask.

Respectfully,

Rook
The-Red-Daisy (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
[at] MoonlightHunter
I have seen it both as a wolfdog AND as a dog/human hybrid. It's the same entity, it just shapeshifts. There was no major event in April, but my parents fight a lot, so I think it feeds off that energy.

[at] Rook
I have to a minor extent. My brother is just realizing his abilities (He just turned 11). All I know right now is the salt and sage remedy.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
You mentioned that both your brother and yourself are clairvoyant mediums... Have either of you researched protection spells and or how to shield ones home?

There are many people on this site who could help with either and any of them would be glad to (myself included).

You did order it to leave because it was unwelcome and leave it did, now is the time to shield and protect yourselves and the home.

With out more informaton it's hard to tell where this 'spirit' may have come from, but I do 'feel' it is takeing advantage of how 'open' you and your brother are to the 'spirit realm'.

Respectfully,

Rook
MoonlightHunter (1 stories) (11 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
You mentioned that when you first saw it, you thought it was a projection of your own dog's soul. Have you considered that it may acutally be a person who is astral projecting and somehow ending up in your house? Maybe someone who isn't very experienced or who doesn't realize where he is exactly? Of course, if that is the case... I have no idea how that would help. It would be near impossible to figure out WHO was doing it.

And you said that your brother saw it as a six-foot-tall man with a dog's head and feet. But you seem to have seen it as fully a wolf/dog. Am I understanding this correctly?

If that is the case, have you considered the possibility of a werewolf? And by that, I do not mean someone or something that physically can shapeshift. I mean a person who has the soul of a wolfdog or psychologically thinks like a wolfdog or who takes on that shape while in altered states of conciousness, such as astral projection or dreaming. For that matter, it could even be the ghost of someone who in life felt like they were mentally more of a wolf-like dog. I only mention that because you mentioned the man-like form when your brother saw it.

As for how to get rid of it, maybe try to figure out what brought it there in the first place? Did any major event happen to your family just before it arrived? Can you think back to April and figure out if maybe you met anyone new or discern anything at all that may have invited the presence into your home?

That's all I've got by way of advice.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
very interesting... I really have no advice here for you, but sure others will. What a strange creature you have described...can't help but wonder what, how, and why?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: