You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Helpful Ghosts In Our Home

Real Ghost Stories

Helpful Ghosts In Our Home

 

I guess I should start this off by simply saying in our home we have at least 2 known ghost children: 1 boy and 1 girl. For those of you who have read my story "They Want Me To Go With Them," I do not believe these are the same children.

Now to my story. July 7th of this year, after coming home from work I noticed the commode lid in my bathroom was down. This is not something I ever do. Nor does my little boy, Dalton, and he wasn't even here the night before. Since we live on my parents' property, I thought maybe my dad had come down during the day and for some completely insane reason shut my commode lid. So I asked my dad about it and he said he hadn't been down that day. And no one was home except our kitten Rex, who was only about 5 weeks old, and my hamsters. If Rex was able to climb up the commode, he'd have fallen INTO the commode and drowned before I got home that night. That night, after using the bathroom, leaving the lid UP, I went to bed.

Sometime during that same night, while dreaming, I realized I was holding something in my hand. So I opened my eyes enough to see what I had clinched in my left hand. I couldn't tell what it was, just that there was SOMETHING in my hand. When I woke up the next morning, my hand was still closed. I opened it and there was a green satiny-type ribbon in my hand. ALL of my Christmas and Halloween decorations are stored in my building. I'm not a scrap booker or anything artistic like that at all, so I don't have ribbon lying around my house. And with my OCD problems, if I find it, it's either put where it belongs or thrown away. Anyway, I have no idea where that ribbon came from, nor do I know why I was woken during the night to acknowledge I was holding it. I also don't know why I continued to hold it until morning.

Upon entering my bathroom the next morning, which is connected to my bedroom, I discovered my commode lid was down again. Now this lid is one of the HEAVY kinds, not the plastic ones. It is very heavy and very loud when it falls. I would have probably peed the bed if I'd heard it fall during the night LOL!

A week later, as Dalton was in bed, he leaned up and called for me. I was sitting at the computer and asked him what he wanted. I figured this was another one of "those nights" where Dalton was too awake to sleep and he would find excuses to talk all night. He said "Mom, I heard our ghost again." When I asked him what was said, Dalton said he just said "Dalton." When Dalton says his own name, he doesn't enunciate the "t." He says "Dalon" no "t" but when he says "they" say his name, always emphasizes the "t". It's like Dal-Ton. So, after he told me the little boy called his name, I told him it would be okay, to just lie back down. A few minutes later, Dalton came out of the bedroom with a pillow and blanket and told me he was going to go to sleep on the couch. Within a matter of minutes, Dalton was sound asleep on the couch, which leads me to believe that Dalton did, indeed, hear a little boy and it scared him enough that he didn't want to be in bed by himself, even with the light on and being able to see me.

July 25th, I woke up with a horrendous headache. This kind of headache doesn't go away with my migraine medication. I literally have to sleep it off and that can take hours. So I decided to try and take a bath to see if it would relax me enough to be able to go back to sleep. While running lukewarm bath water (I couldn't bear it hot because the heat on top of the headache would make me puke), I wondered if the water running from the faucet onto my forehead would help. Sometimes pressure on my forehead eases the pain. So I lay down in the tub with my head under the faucet for a while: I'm not sure how long. All at once the water went HOT, I mean completely HOT. I shot up away from the stream of water and yelled "What the heck!" (Yes, I said Heck!) And I also said "That wasn't funny. It wasn't nice and it wasn't funny either."

I know the first instinct would be someone somewhere ran water. Natural assumption, except Dalton didn't come into the bathroom. He wouldn't have run water in the kitchen sink because we have cold bottled water in the refrigerator. And my bath/shower water doesn't fluctuate. Never. You can flush the commodes, run every sink and the washer and the water temperature in the bath doesn't fluctuate. So why did my water turn from lukewarm to hot in less than a millisecond? After I adjusted the cold water, I realized I was mere inches from the top of the tub. My tub doesn't have an overflow. If the water hadn't gone to hot, I probably would have overflowed my bathtub.

Other hauntings by Miracles51031

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Miracles51031, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-22)
My dads friend always says ghost are demons I strongly disagree I think most ghost are deceased humans.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-07-18)
reddysteady - thank you for reading my story 😊. That thought always makes me cringe 😒, but thankfully my ghosts were watching out for the Demon, as he's "affectionately" known now LOL.
reddysteady (5 stories) (95 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-18)
^-^ I'm a huge kitty person, so when I read that your kitten was 5 weeks old and the toilet lid kept closing, it made me "squee" at the thought that a ghostly friend is looking after your fluffy.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-01-31)
SpiritKid - you definitely have a point πŸ˜‰. The ghosts we currently live with are a whole lot better housemates than some I've lived with, that's for sure. Although none of them ever tried to kill me, thank God!, they sure scared the crap out of me.

Thanks for reading my story and leaving a comment.
SpiritKid (3 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-29)
:P Neat...lol...Helpful ghosts are nicer than ones that want you dead anyday:D
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-01-01)
TRENTON84 - thank you for reading this story (and my other one, I forgot to say thanks on it 😳).

Dalton was in my bedroom, not his own, when he heard the little boy call his name. I agree with you that this might be where the activity is coming from, though, because I use a DVR in my bedroom and have caught many EVPs over the last year but none of them frightening or threatening.

Again, thanks for reading and commenting. And like I suggested on my other story, please... Submit your daughter's experience. Maybe there is someone here who can help.
TRENTON84 (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-30)
Funny it's like when I was a kid and I kept seeing shadows so I kept complaining then I slept in the guest room and slept like a baby! It was probably his room.
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
Miracles,
What a great story - and I did see that you wrote that especially for meπŸ˜†-I miss my bathroom ghost- (she) was always slamming the lid down anytime one of the guys left it upπŸ˜†.
Of course we are settled into our new home and now with my glasses disappearing from the bathroom - I am wondering do I have another bathroom ghost? HmmmmmmmπŸ˜†
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
Hey Darkness - welcome! Yeah, the kitten was either going to be Rex or Ben 10! LOL! You know, there are times I wonder if I had an overflow, how else would they have gotten my attention? Not sure I want to know the answer to that! I imagine the shower curtain opening and shutting or something that would scare the crap outta meπŸ˜†

The ribbon is out there, yeah, without a doubt. Pretty freakin' cool too! Maybe one of these days they'll talk to me too instead of just Dalton. I keep waiting.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
DC - you know something funny? Dalton adjusts so easily to new things. He just kind of rolls along with life. He was headed for the shower one night recently and saw a big "dad-like" shadow go "really fast" into my bathroom. After he told me about it, he went straight into my bathroom and took his shower. It didn't bother him at all. I, however, hesitated just a bit when I took mine πŸ˜†
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
Daz - thank you, but I can't take credit for being swearless πŸ˜‰ I do try sometimes very hard sometimes though! As far as the children being related in another life, anything's possible, isn't it? Maybe one day I'll find out.

Hopefully one day Dalton and Travis both will sleep in their beds! πŸ˜†
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
Duality,you know what I have found over the years and this is not meant to offend anyones religious beliefs... But I do find it a lot, when I talked to my Christian friends about my spiritual experiences they automatically tell me that the devil is trying to deceive me... You know with respect... I think a lot of religious groups stereotype this type of answer as a means of keeping their flock close together... Recently I had a brief discussion with a priest at a funeral about talking to my mother and he was becoming a little bit uncomfortable with what I was saying... Which for me left me feeling a little disappointed... Anyway sorry Miriacles just thought I had to share my thoughts and once again no disrespect intended Duality to your comment... I think you asked it sincerely...

Daz 😒
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
Miracles: I think your ghosties were getting your attention to begin with, with the toilet lid... And Dalton and Jerrica were gone for the weekend 😊...

Cosmo, it's funny that you hacked into my thoughts and got that!...It's a wonder you got anything other than "Twinkies: good"! πŸ˜†...But yes that's the very first thing that came to mind, was a little girl's hair ribbon, and she gave it to Miracles as a way to tell her she was there and wanted to be friends...

Dualiy: In my opinion, negativity attracts negative beings, and positivity the positive ones... It doesn't always work out that way, but for the most part...There's also a feeling that you pick up, even if a nasty being is masquerading... Like something's just not right...
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
Hey Miracles loved the story also love the name of your Kitten Rex that's awesome lol. Agreeing with our friend Cosmo here obviously wanted to get your attention before the big mopup but could have done without burning your forehead but kids will be kids eh even in spiritual form haha. The ribbon is out there isn't it? Thats a very strong thing to experience it must have a lot of meaning to it, something I'm sure you will end up finding out. 😊 Thanks Marjie ❀
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
Duality - thank you for commenting on my story. And for the question. When I posted my very first story on here, it was about my son hearing 2 children ask him to go with them. I didn't hear them, only he did. This completely freaked me out. Still does, to be honest. But that's the only time that I've ever been afraid or worried that the children might not be who they represented themselves to be.

We've been in our home for over a year now and there's never been any indication that there was anything negative here. I've experienced evil in three different places throughout my life. I know what it feels like.

I appreciate you asking an honest question, considering the fact that I flew off the handle at you. Knowing what evil feels like, I'm very comfortable in telling you that what we have in our home is harmless. If I felt they were anything other than what they appear to be, I would be posting a different kind of story on here. I'd be seeking help from all my friends and everyone else here asking for every possible way of getting rid of them.

I welcome any more questions you have.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
Daz and DC - excuse me just a sec, k? Gonna talk to Duality for a minute πŸ˜‰ then I'll get back to you guys.
DCinAZ (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
I'm with Cosmo and granny about the green ribbon, she likes you. And Dalton is so comfortable with everything, he adjusts what he needs and just continues doing what he had been doing before being interupted. I love that. The water? Owwee! But no mopping up is a pretty fair trade, eh? πŸ˜‰ ❀
Duality (guest)
-2
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
Hey Miracles it's the guy who shouted at you (shadows and a beam of bright light) - sorry about my crude rudeness and my lack of awareness. Anyway, have you wondered about your 'friendly ghosts' being not-so-friendly? Dark spirits and demons have been known to trick their victims into a false sense of security. Have you looked at their background?
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
Miriacles, I wonder if these children are connected to you from another life...? They seem to be protective spirits which normally suggest family spirits... I can relate to Dalton sleeping on the couch... Trav still does that and there's no doubt Dalton is picking up on them as well... Its good to have at least one swear-less loonie in our club... Lol Marjie

Daz. ❀
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
BadJuuJuu - I'll take my little ghosts any day compared to some of the stories on here πŸ˜‰.

Mine might not be scary and they might be boring, but they're good. 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
cosmogal - thank you for that compliment πŸ˜‰. Much, much appreciated! And if you're going to hack into anyone's thoughts, granny's a good Loonie to try!

I hope that was the little girl's way of saying she likes me too!
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
You gotta love the helpful ghosts. Beats the heck of the scary ones anyday. 😊
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
Ah ha my channeling skills are improving. I tried to hack into what granny might have said and it worked. LOL! πŸ˜†

Maybe in time they will be able to show themselves to you. If the ribbon does belong to the little girl, I would think by her putting it in your hand is her way of saying that she likes you. 😊 Dalton is very brave in the way he deals with hearing these spirits. He must get it from him his mama. πŸ˜‰
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
cosmogal - you been talking to granny?! πŸ˜† That's exactly what she said to me when I told her about the green ribbon and finding out about the little girl. Talk about great minds LOL!

I, too, am glad they got my attention before the tub overflowed. That would have really irritated me. Cleaning up bath water with a horrible, horrible headache would have sucked!

Dalton only hears the little boy and girl, but he sees a tall "dad-sized" black shadow frequently. This one I believe to be the *hit man!

Thank you πŸ˜‰
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
Marg, thank you for your comments. As I said, I do believe that we have ghost children in our home, but I don't believe they are bad. We live in a trailer, which we moved onto my mom and dad's land, so the property is what would be "haunted" instead of our home. My parents have lived there for 32 years and they have had their own experiences LOL!

Dalton is getting better each time he hears his name called πŸ˜‰. Thank you.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
Miracles, that was nice of your little spirit friend to warn you of the tub about to overflow. Maybe they could have got your attention a little differently instead of burning your scalp with scolding hot water LOL, but at least it saved you from a lot of mopping 😊 Do you think the green ribbon could be from the little girl? Maybe she used to wear it in her hair. Does Dalton ever talk about the little boy and tell you what he looks like?
Marg (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
Hi,
After reading your story, I believe, their is a spirit haunting your home. I hope your son, Dalton is not to scared. Everything you mentioned sounds like, a spirit is doing these things. I would try and find out if, anyone lived there and maybe, a child died there in the past. Good luck to you.😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: