You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: 15 Years Of Bother

Real Ghost Stories

15 Years Of Bother

 

When my mum first moved into our house about fifteen or more so years ago she was with her ex-boyfriend, so it was like a new start for her. I was about 5 (I'm 20 now) but I remember my mother's boyfriend had bought me a teddy, it was huge to me so I called it bigbear. My mother's boyfriend didn't like me that much and often blamed me for things and shouted at me, anyway, one night I left bigbear downstairs and I waited until everyone was asleep to get it as I didn't want to get into trouble. So I went down in the pitch black and got my teddy from the living room, only when I went to go back upstairs I glanced at the television, and whether people may believe this or not I saw three glowing teddies coming out of the TV with black eyes. So I screamed and woke everyone up. (also, at that time near enough, my sisters friend was about 7 and she had a sister same age as me, and she swears she had three evil monkeys tell her to strangle her younger sister, and her mum walked in on her doing that, she only lived up the road from me).

Anyway, I am still living in this house, but over the past fifteen years of being here there have been so many strange occurrences, for example... It was late at night and it was just me and my mum at home, my mum was locking up and I was in the bathroom. I had my radio switched off in my room but just as I was getting a wash before bed my radio turned on and turned itself up full blast. I ran down as fast as I could and my mum just thought I was lying about it and told me to turn my radio off.

My mum is a huge non believer and everything that's happened over the years she's always put down t childish imaginations, but recently she was in bed in her room when she got woke up to somebody slightly poking her in the head, and another time somebody laughing at her in her room, which freaked me out because when she said that about the laughing, it was about a few minutes after I'd been woken up to something shouting my name.

All this may seem far-fetched but that's hardly anything of what has happened as a lot of you probably won't believe it, but my house has been blessed three times by my local priest and it has quietened down an awful lot, but now and then there is a lot of banging in the house. And when I have had a shower, about an hour after normally or sometime after, the shower head will leak a lot of water for absolutely no reason and it has continued in gaps, where it's lasted all night.

An just for a few more examples, there have been times when things have been so bad I have had to ring my dad at awkward times and sleep at his house due to being that scared. There have been women crying, footsteps up and down the stairs, lights flickering on and off, shadows throughout the house, things have been moved, my kitten got locked in the spare room once when no-one uses it.

My sister has had what she says, a man following her around the house for a few hours at one point where she could see an outline of him.

If you want to know anymore just ask me and I'll go into a lot more detail of things that have happened here, but I think we just have a few mischievous ghosts that don't mean harm, although before the blessings I'm not too sure I would have said that

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, button-x, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JaJaBinks (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-28)
Sounds like you have some mischievous ghosts trying to freak you out, maybe try telling them that you are not scared of them and to leave you alone. Failing that perhaps a few cleansing spells would work. Good Luck!
multiplyingchills3 (2 stories) (9 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2015-10-09)
Hello, Button!
In my opinion, you may have a poltergeist in your home.
A poltergeist is a ghost, but somewhat of a prankster joking ghost. It loves to torment the inhabitants of its home, and frightening them by stomping, loud noises, strange occurences, and all that sort. If you ever watched the Harry Potter films, or read the books, Peeves, one of the school's ghosts, is a poltergeist, constantly pranking the students, and other ghosts. Poltergeist's generally don't mean to cause any harm, however, certain pranks scares can result in dangerous outcomes, my father knew a man who swore he had a poltergeist in home, and the poltergeist was always upturning beds and throwing sheets on top of the mans children, and once, one of the man's children, blinded by a white bedsheet thrown over him, toppled out of the window of their second floor, breaking many bones. The child recovered, and all was well, but the man refused to live in the house, and the family packed up their belongings, and moved into an apartment until they bought a new house.
Good luck with your ghost!
Multiplyingchills3
Winkey (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-28)
My Husband on one occasion sore to orbs in our bedroom not long after his mom died I think this was her letting him know she was now with his dad who died back in 1996 since then he has not seen anything other than the black shadow I have seen I had no idea he had seen the orbs or the shadow until he told me after I told him what I saw I think he didn't tell me because he wasn't sure what he had seen as he is quite sceptable about these things But I think he now believes there might be something after death anyway just thought I would add this last bit.
Winkey (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-28)
Hi Button read what you said about your ghost it seems like they don't mean you any harm, I have a ghost in my home he or she hasn't caused me any problems, he she just plays with my things and make some disapear and reapear, I did have one thing that happened to me one night while I was sleeping my ghost slapped my hand really hard and it stung for quite some time after, at the time still being in shock I looked over to see where my husband was as my first thoughts were that it was him trying to wake me up but when I looked to my left he was sound a sleep, we have no children but did have three cats non were around when this happened so I understand it can be frightning when it happens and a big shock, I have also seen a black shadow moving around my home and some times sit talking to the ghost this seems to carm my ghost and then it leaves me alone, I have told the ghost it must leave me alone when I am sleeping but if it wants to visit me in the day it is ok and I have had know problems since, although I do get visits from aunts who passed away five years ago I know this because they move things that I know they liked and when they visit me I feal carm round them and I think that is the key keep carm and relax, if they play up tell them to go away no need to move away like someone else told you unless they are harming you in anyway take care hope things settle down for you
Neechee (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-12)
i say ignore marcus hes just try to make it a Competition, but anyways I want to hear more about your experiances:) you should post more stories or E-mail me:)
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-02)
Hi button-x, oh my golly... You say 15 years. I wonder why it's going on like this for all these years. Something must be bothering these ghosts or maybe it's lost in between worlds. I don't know but it sounds like frustrated and looking for attention. I know how you feel my fathers' house was like that. I usually just said out loud in his house that I'm tired and they must leave me alone and go away and that I can't help them they must go to the light. I said that when I felt its presence and then it would leave me. Try not to fear because they feed on your fear. Good luck for you, I hope thing work out for you in that house. Take care. Trix ❤
DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-02)
button-x, I agree with cosmo, cute name. Anyway, you've gotten some pretty good advice here and I realize that there's a lot to be frightened about, especially if we haven't even heard the bad stuff yet. But if you haven't been harmed (again,we haven't heard you say so) then at least we can be thankful for that. I'm looking forward to hearing more of your experiences so please don't be a stranger. Thanks for sharing with us.
Ikatsu (3 stories) (24 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
I'm sorry to hear that this is scaring you to the point of not even wanting to sleep in the house, button-x. Have you ever looked at the history of the house before? And has your mother had any experiences of her own that she passes off for nothing? Because I know my dad is like that, and wanted me to seek help because I believe strongly in the paranormal.

Anyway I hope you can be at ease in your house at some point. That must be discomforting. I wish you the best, and that this entity is only a mischievious spirit.
marcusj0015 (3 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
[at] proj

I didn't try to take this over I'm sorry for being obnoxious and rude I shouldnt have posted

And I did the demonoligst thing here becaue it takes like a week to post a thread.

Once again sorry for being rude and not understanding OP.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
nice post moonlight. You made a good point.
Marcus,
why do you have to make the comment section of this story about YOU?
This is a prob "button" created a thread about, of which you tried to trivialize from the get go. You are free to start your own thread, seeking advice from a demonologist.
Button-x, good luck with this haunt... Any haunt no matter how active, always scares.
MoonlightHunter (1 stories) (11 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
Scary or not - footsteps can keep a person up at night. Losing sleep is annoying, so the urge to go sleep some place that you won't be constantly woken up is perfectly sound.

Also, this isn't just for the OP, but for everyone - just because something is frightening or you feel threatened does not mean that whatever is causing that feeling is "evil."

In the Bible, every single time an angel is sent by God himself to deliver a message and appears to a person, it notes that the person is freakin' terrified. Encountering a being of absolute Good is every bit as terrifying as encountering a being of absolute Evil.

That's not to say that what is going on in this story is "Good." It actually sounds more neutral to me. Just saying - you can't always rely on your own feelings.

This comment from marcusj0015 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
button-x:
This house is evil and I would really try to get out of the house, if at all possible. You have lived there for a long time and sure, you probably feel okay with it, but sometimes houses are just evil... The things in them are evil and no matter how many times the house is blessed, it won't help.
button-x (1 stories) (1 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
marcus as I say in my story or whatever, that a lot more has happened and the fact I didn't post it on here was for immature idiots like yourself! And yes when youre in a house on youre own, and here running up and down the stairs and around the house, did shiat me up and I did want to sleep at my dads! Considering I work a lot too, and do early mornings, to pretty normal people who don't encounter 'demonic activity' as often as yourself, that is pretty scary!
luna17 (2 stories) (23 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
Demonic or not it's still scary. We (human) fear the unknown, ghost, demons, even the sound of the wind! If we don't know what it is we feel threatened, that is our nature. Though if it scares you to the point of having to sleep over your dad's house maybe you should seek for help on how to remove the ghost.

As far as you have mentioned it does not sound to be evil, and you do understand that is not there to do harm. But the whole point is that you and your mother feel comfortable and not scared. In the U.K. I don't know much on who you can turn to for help. Though a person who practices pagan rituals I think would be best if you don't think the blessing worked. Good luck 😊
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
Hi button-x (cute screen name by the way 😊) I would say that whatever paranormal activity you have experienced is probably attached to the land. And there is that infamous number 3 again. You saw 3 glowing bears, and that other little girl saw 3 evil monkeys. There has been great discussions about the meaning of things in three's. Usually I would say that they are a good sign, but since they gave you a fright and told that other child to do something hurtful to her siblings I'm not so sure anymore. 😕 You and your mother have lived many years in the house without being physically harmed or threatened by whatever is there which leads me to believe that they just like to cause mischief. I am glad that the blessings are working. Please keep us posted if anything else happens.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+6
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
"sorry but most of us here have had much worse experiences usually involving demons"

Hey marcus, I call B.S. On that comment. As a matter of fact, I'd bet money that you never came within a hundred yards of a demon... At least one that had you in it's sights...because, if that were the case, you wouldn't be posting lighthearted comments on YGS message board. That demon would have torn your life to shreds...
You should think a little before posting stuff that makes you look quite amateur...

This comment from marcusj0015 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: