You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Haunted Vacation

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Vacation

 

This story happened to me about two summers ago in North Carolina. I was on vacation and staying in a small house on a beach. I was sharing a bedroom with my older brother since the third room was small, very dark, and downright creepy. I was sleeping on the top bunk and my brother was in a normal bed on the floor.

Early in the morning, I woke up and I looked at the mirror on the wall across from me. There I saw a tall man, just a shadow, no face visible, standing. He was wearing an old fashioned hat. I looked at the floor, suspecting my brother or a trick of my eye, but there was no one. I almost died!

One afternoon when we got back from the beach, I was taking a shower. Then, as I was looking through the space where the curtain doesn't shut all the way, a large black shadow passed through the room. I got out fast!

No one else saw anything, but my mom said she got the feeling someone was watching her one late night. I never want to go back there again!

By the way, we stayed near Blackbeard's house, so we went on the tour, which was creepy! The stories they told in front of the graveyard were so scary!

These are the only ghost experiences I have ever had happened to me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, zara131, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-07)
Oh well--- so much for a carefree vacation!
Sounds like a thriller vacation.
Enjoyed the story.
Qtgrly111 (2 stories) (58 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-28)
That sucks that this happened to you on vacation. I would be a little confused if I was in your position. I wish you the best of luck.
marcusr (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-27)
this story is to short and makes no sence but I like how it was great puncuations and grammer

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: