You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Are You Following Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Are You Following Me?

 

When I was about 5, I lived in a big white house. I can remember a lot about this house. Especially what went on. This house had a big back yard with a big tree and woods. When we first moved in we went into the back woods and found human skulls and voodoo dolls in the trees. At night we would all sleep in my room; my dad, mom, sister and I on my bunk beds. Me and dad would sleep on top, mom and sister on bottom. We did this because every other room in the house was crazy cold at night.

In the middle of the night we would all wake up and hear voices and banging on the floor. It sounded like a broom stick pounding on the ground. One night my mother and father got into a fight. My dad ended up sleeping on the couch. In the middle of the night he woke up and saw someone looking at him through the blinds. He chased this person into the woods. He couldn't find the guy. We split and catagorized the woods into 2 different sections, bad and good. We called the "bad" side bad because when we would take pictures we would see squiggly lines and stuff in the pictures. During a storm the whole good side got knocked down. Every tree. The bad side was perfectly fine.

We had a little fort in the trees in the bad side that we would always see figures in in pictures, too. We would always see someone in the tire swing if we took pictures of that, too. It would sometimes swing back and forth at night. When we left this house during the day we would have all the lights off. When we would come back every single light and tv would be on and cupboards would be open. (Trust me, we experimented!) People we know would call us sometimes asking if we were home because they saw people in the windows and on the porch when the cars were gone. It was the end for this house when I was pushed down the stairs. We moved out of this house and into another house.

At this house is where my crazy dreams started. I would always dream the same dream at least 3-5 times a week. In this dream I would be walking through the dining room into the kitchen. On the way through was the door down to the basement and out of the house. I would stop at the door and look down and someone would be watching me. I would sit there staring trying to scream but nothing would come out. My mom said she would always find me scratching at the back door or scratching at a corner. She says I would always say shady was after me while I was trying to get out the back door. She would also say I would try to scratch her and when I was trying to do this my eyes would appear to be red.

In the basement we would tell scary stories, my dad, mom, sister and I. That's where we kept one of the skulls from the past house in a box in a back little crawl space. I never got up enough guts to go into that crawl space or even look in it. After my mom and dad divorced they sold the house and moved to separate places. My mom into another big white house and my dad into some apartments. This is where some crazy experiences took place in both houses. I would wake up at night and hear people screaming at me, calling me names and saying that they were going to kill me. It appeared the voices would be coming from the livingroom but when I would aproach the room they would stop and move to a different room.

After some time my mom moved into a different place. This is my recent past house. Here there were many different stories. My sister started crying one day because she woke up and saw 2 hand prints on the ceiling with 'just wait' written underneath it. This was in a corner where nothing was below it and she said it wasn't there the day before. My sister's door would always open and close at random. My grandmother lived above us because this house was a duplex. She would tell us she would come out at night to use the bathroom and she would see the computer on with a program pulled up. She said she would say hello and go back to bed. She also claimed that she would always see a ghostly figure of a lady in a dress pass by her room and in the kitchen. Pretty creepy huh?

My cousin was over along with 2 of my aunts one day. My aunts were hiding from my cousin who was 7 years old. My cousin went to go check the extra storage room in the basement. She came up screaming and crying about her chest hurting. My mother lifted up her shirt and saw human size scratches down her chest. That same aunt was over along with a friend of mine. My friend and I had just went to the gas station so we had a bunch of junk food and he was playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 on my XBox 360 when I went down stairs with my aunt so she could change her laundry because she was too scared.

Down stairs the light flickered and shut off, and I heard a laugh. The light turned back on as my aunt screamed. I had thought it was my friend but when we came up I was yelling at him, saying he scared me. When he said, what are you talkin about? I have been sitting here texting an playing XBox. I told him about the basement and he had said he heard the laugh, too, right before my aunt screamed. He thought it was me.

At the current house my dad lives at we have used the ouija board. The board claims I have a friendly ghost named Ralph living in my closet that doesn't want to hurt me but simply wants to be my friend. I'm fine with that. But is this the ghost that was been following me? I just want some answers. I am now 15 and scared and confused. So if you could give me some answers I would be pleased. Thank you for reading my story!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kwk1213, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DylanHintz (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-12)
Do you still have the skull? If so I recommend that you return it as soon as you can, maby that's what the entity is attached to. Or maby some one else snuck out a another item like a ring or necklace, possibly even another bone. There are many things entitys can attach to.
blazing-rain-of-jade-embers (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-19)
Usually spirits haunt a single building, but in some cases it's a item they watch over. Where ever the item is, they're there. Whoever has it, they're with you. So, if you don't like these spirits, you can either ditch the object or ditch the house. But, sometimes, it's not that easy. Sometimes, the spirits are drawn to a single person. Everywhere that person goes, unexplained things happen. Everywhere they go they are haunted by either friendly and scarred spirits, or mischevious and hateful, but not demon, spirits. My point is, it may be one person in your family that is drawing in spirits to you guys. You probably picked the spirits up in that creepy voodoo place. Now they may allways be with you.
Just warning you.
sherry27 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-19)
I have the same problem. But my ghost have been with me sence I was 11 I am now 27. They are becoming worse. I have done every thing I can think of to rid myself from these things. There are three of them. Two men and a women. I'm just telling you please don't wait get a prest to help you. They feed off bad energy. 😨
bossymum (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-08)
Whatever it was that haunted you in the first house has followed you and your family into every home you've moved to. They don't seem to be friendly, and I think they've grown attached to you. As I've stated before in many other comments, I'm Hmong and we usually seek a shaman to get rid of these spirits. It's not in good health to have them around you. They will only torment you.
DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-25)
kwik1213- It seems to be pretty much unanimous regarding the skulls (police matter), Ouija board (huh-uh, no), something you spoke to when using the board wants to stay living in your closet and you seem to think it seems friendly (what could POSSIBLY do wrong?). The only question now is will you take this advice? Please let us know how things have worked out for you. I wish you nothing but happiness no matter the decision.
butthead (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2010-12-06)
be careful with the ouija board. I use it on paranormal investigations but sometimes you contact things that bend the truth, or lie.
Something has been bugging you that is not nice, obviously, with the scratches and terror you have been going through.
If its some kind of familier ghost, it will want to be your friend, and then to ruin your life forever after.
I'm not saying I'm right, far from it. I'm just wishing that you be careful with whatever said it wishes to be your friend - while using an ouija board.
Evil can be very cunning, I have been lied too on that board more than once. I think it is hard for them to lie but, for example, it could say it wants to be your friend (which could be true, but could be so once you accept it in your life it can help ruin your life) and that it said it doesn't want to hurt you (which could be true, it could want to make you hurt yourself).
I have not read any posts so forgive me if I repeat or write something that sounds strange. I'm just throwing out thoughts, nothing to be taken seriously, but just hope its noted.
Sounds like something got attached to you from the skulls/voodoo stuff you found like ago, but that's just a guess I'm going with.
I would strongly advise not to attempt to make contact with these spirits using an ouija board.
It sounds fishy, to me, I don't know how else to put it. That during these 'nasty nature' type of events, that something wishes to be your friend.
I would personally not trust whoever/whatever that is.
kwk1213 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-05)
for all comments, I was young. I don't know why police werent contacted. I guess my father just didn't expect it to haunt us. I figgure we forot we had it in the box because we later found it an realized. Woahh. This was from the woods. I do not know what happened to the skull or were it is now.
~kwk~
TygerDall (2 stories) (29 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-04)
I have heard that playing with Oujia boards is a bad thing, cause bad spirits/demons use them to 'influence' thier surroundings.
You kept a skull in a box? Why would you keep a skull in a box?
Zorforler (1 stories) (55 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-03)
I agree with everyone else. Removing a skull would upset the spirit and you should have told the police about the skulls. Now If it's voodoo then the skulls may be cursed. Also you may have more then one entity, like maybe a demon and the spirit of the skull. Also when you use an Ouija board make sure you have protection up. I suggest you either put the skull back where you found it or bury it in a proper place.
Ikatsu (3 stories) (24 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-03)
Yeah, all I can make of it right now is that the human remains could be linked to why something seems to be following you wherever you go, especially if you said people practiced voodoo there.

I don't advice ouija boards to anyone. That's something that just shouldn't be tampered with and could end up making the spirits worse or angry. As others said, there's also a possibility of it being a demon. Sometimes it's hard to distinguish between a very, very angry spirit/poltergeist and a demon. But I would certainly get your house blessed and remove the skull immediately. Take the death threats as a warning that this isn't something that just wants to be your friend. Spirits and demons -can- lie. It could be multiple or just one.

Hope I helped, and good luck~
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2010-12-02)
If those skulls were human, I am going to have to say that all the activity you have experienced is because it was brought into each of the homes. Human remains are not meant for decoration or to be stored in a box. Like Jennifer and granny have said the police should have been notified as soon as they were found. The soul of this person is not at rest and the skull should be turned in and given to the family so they may give that person a proper burial.
ZiShu (281 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-02)
Using a ouija board is never a good turning point. You are most likely lied to about Ralph living in a closet. From my experiences and others, usually a demon would live in the closet. Seriously, a human spirit still has free will and a mind like how they were before they died. Why would they want to live in a closet? The souls I know usually like to go all over the house and they would sometimes lay the bed or anywhere that does not seem lonely. There definitely seems to be something following you around, and it is not a soul but something more demonic.
If you want more answers to your question and help, send me an email.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
kwk: Yeah, I kind of wonder why the skulls weren't given to the police right away... I mean, even if there was doubt it would have been better to know difinitively whether or not they were genuinely human... If so, someone's missing their loved ones, and even a small amount of remains is something to give the family closure...

KairrionMah: could you please explain what a "good spell" is?...Never heard of such a thing...

This comment from KairrionMah is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
+6
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
While I really enjoyed your story, I do have a few questions. Were the skulls that were found in the woods real human skulls? If so I'm just curious to why these weren't turned over to the police. Also, you said that your parents kept one in the basement of the new house and would take you and your sister down there to tell scary stories. I guess I'm just finding that a bit odd. Then again I could be missing something altogether here. Did your parents not think there was anything paranormal going on in the house and that's why they were downstairs telling spooky stories? Sorry for all the questions. I'm not doubting your story and am just trying to understand further.

Jennifer ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: