You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost In The Apartment

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost In The Apartment

 

A small introduction. This happened when I was about 9 years old. But until now, I remember everything as if it were yesterday. I remember that it happened before March 8 (in our country this is usually the day off). But in our school was planned a performance for parents. And I remember very well that I really wanted to go, since there were prepared gifts for girls:).

I stayed for this night, not as usual in my room, but in the livingroom. The livingroom was in between the parents' bedroom and mine. I fell asleep as usual, quite early. Suddenly in the middle of the night I woke up, I lay on my back, but my eyes were closed. I heard the noise emanating from my room. Then I heard footsteps approaching to the couch where I slept, they were getting louder and louder. I actually felt the physical presence of something or someone. Then when it approached me directly, it leaned towards my face.

From fear I could not move, I couldn't open my eyes and I couldn't scream. I felt like it "peered" into my face. Then I heard it walk off to my room. In 5 minutes I heard the same sounds, it got back again with all the "effects". I was so frightened, I could not even roll over on the other side. This was repeated 2 or 3 times.

In the morning I did not tell parents what happened. I had a fever and stayed at home.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MaryRy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
the one that I had seemed more real than reality, at the time, and the fact that I can still remember it so vividly, more so than most anything that happened in my childhood or since, is a testament to the impact it had on me at the time. Still, I believe I'd have to consider myself delusional if I wound it into a story to such an extent as to make it more than it was, and even start to believe myself, anything other than the fact that a fevered mind had a hallucination.
MaryRy (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
Maybe what had happened is just the consequences of fever. But it was too realistic to assume that it is imagination.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-06)
I just commented on a fever induced hallucination not long ago. That's what it sounds like. I know a lot of folk here will want to jump onto anything that goes boo, but from what little info we have to go on it certainly sounds like that is the case. It's still interesting to think back on though isn't it.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-02)
Hi. I have a couple theories here. I have had fevers weired things where I sleep that are similar to your story. Also when I sleep places I normally dont, the nights are not usual very unusual.

When we get sick, feverish, it's mostly as a kid & sometimes our fevers in our little bodies can get up to 105. 0 F, We can get brain damaged at 104. 0 F. At that point hallucination can & usually does occur. And our minds & bodies being so vulnerable in these moments that a spirit can take advantage. Just like when we sleep or get surgery.

So I believe your story, love. & bless you & yours.

~LSD~

P.S. I hope this makes some since. You can can hallucinate at temps. As low as 102. 0 F. But that does not discredit your story. I just hope y'all can see the connection.
stemah (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
Perhaps it was the spirit of a family member who looks after and protects you and was wondering why you weren't in your room and went looking for you.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
Wow Scary I know that feeling When Your eyes Close No matter what I can see something through eyes Close
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
Sounds like my first encounter I had with something when I was a kid.
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
You should have opened your eyes. You'll never know who it was now...
Watersprite (3 stories) (85 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
Your story really creeped me out! What a scary experience. 😨 I have had similar things happen before I went to a sleep clinic and found I have profound sleep disorders, for which I now take Parkinson's medicine. First, I would suggest going to a sleep clinic. It's an annoying experience, with lots of electrodes and wires all over your head and body. But it is worth it. I have not had this kind of event, with someone leaning over my face or - worse yet - touching me, mocking me, talking loudly in my ear, etc., since I started taking the medicine. Frankly, I still think a lot of my experiences were, in fact, paranormal, but I am really glad the medicine has made these sleep paralysis events with spooky entities tormenting me dissipate.

I would also suggest praying to whatever form of God you feel comfortable addressing. Sometimes "grounding" yourself with a prayer, even if you are just saying, "Helllp!" to the universe, will make the spooky phantoms leave you alone.

Best wishes, and I hope you never have anything else like this happen to you! I actually got goosebumps from fear, reading your story! Whew! 😲

Happy holidays to you and your loved ones!

Watersprite ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: