You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Little New House

Real Ghost Stories

The Little New House

 

When I was 10 my mum and dad bought a new house in Orlando, Florida.

When everything was all settled in, my mum and dad went out to an all adults party to celebrate my aunties 40th birthday. My friend was allowed to stay to keep me company. We did what you normally do at a sleep over, face masks, nails, etc. Then we settled down to watch television. We heard a bang from upstairs. I was really frightened, but I said it was the cat. My friend looked suspicious, but I thought she believed me anyway.

I went to let the dog out, because he was barking by the door. I thought I heard the back gate shut, but I also saw it. I thought this was just my imagination due to the bang, and didn't mention it to my friend. I went back to watch tv with my friend, then I saw a shadow go up the stairs in the mirror. My friend looked behind and then we both stood up and looked. She knew there was something wrong and I did too. My mum got back 10 minuites later. We told her all about it but she didn't believe one word of it. Nothing else happened that night, but I am still scared that this living thing will come back. I believed that it was my nan as she passed away a couple of months back. Thanks for reading my story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ibelivedaisy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

bandet888 (86 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-19)
The bang - something may have fell upstairs. The gate closing - Was it windy that night? The shadow going upstairs - could it have been a burglar that you didn't get a good glimps? Maybe he managed to go out a second story window and climbed down. Were there any windows open upstairs?
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-06)
This may have just been your's and your friend's imagination. Houses make strange noises inside and out.
Let's just suppose it is your nan! What do you have to be afraid of? Didn't she love you and you love her? Was she a good person in life? If you can answer yes to these questions, you must also know that if this is your nan, she would do nothing to hurt you and your friend. Our loved ones don't want to come back and frighten the life out of us... They just want to check in on us, make sure we're ok and not sitting around greiving ourselves to death and by all means they want to still belong but at the same time let the ones they left behind know they are in a much beter place and they are happy.
Try talking to the person if you feel, see, hear or sense it again. Ask it to not show itself to you or your friends, to not make loud noises because they startle you and ask if it is your nan, tell her you love her and talk to her the way you would if she were there in the flesh.
I hope this helps you. Take care.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
Some House that make the sound do make us Nervous "Smile" thanks for the story I like it. I also that My grandma live in a very old house they do make sound no matter what My mother stay over there one night and She heard a car that was nearly coming to the house Whew I thought I told her glad I wasn't there.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: