You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Old House

Real Ghost Stories

The Old House

 

When I was a little girl about the age of six, me and my sister would lay in bed and we could hear noises at night going up and down the stairs of our house. Our brother would be sleeping and our parents would be too. We always slept in the same bed together, so we wouldn't be as scared at night.

One night it got real bad. I say this because of what happened this night and has as the nights go by. Me and my sister were laying down for bed this night and we heard the steps going down the stairs as always, but this time it was coming to our room. We were more scared and the next thing we know we heard a voice say 'let's play, let's play.' We looked at each other and put our heads under the covers. My sister looked out and then she came back under the covers and said that there is a girl at the end of our bed. I didn't believe her so I looked and I saw her. The little girl is the one that said 'let's play.'She was wearing a white gown and had medium brown hair. We yelled for our mom and dad, but by the time they came she was gone.

The next night everything happened again, but this time we didn't call for our parents. We looked at her and she still would say 'let's play'. This kept happening for a week. We finally told our mom and she said we will see what we can do. Me and my sister didn't know what she meant by that, but we said okay any way.

More things happened and then we could hear more things. It always sounded like a baby crying but we weren't for sure. Our mom heard it too at times, and she would look at one of us thinking it was us. And one day she was going to be getting home late because she was going to go research something.

Our mom told us later on that she looked up the history of our house and it said that the father killed the mother and the girl that we always saw. It also said there was a baby that died also, because the mother was about to have a baby. So we moved out of the house and everything seems fine again.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bm1993, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bm1993 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-06)
me and my sister thought it was the house when we frist heard the noises. Cookiegal96: I was only 6 years old when this happened an I wish I could go back to the house to see if there still there and maybe help. But there are people living there now and I don't know if they hear what we did so I don't want to miss it up for them if they don't.
BUT if I do I wouldn't know exactly what to say. Thanks for the posts though ❤
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
Old House can make noise Like stomped and Sound so Yeah like your story.
stemah (8 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
Cookiegal, 6 year olds aren't normally up on that sort of thing! 😕
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
Thank you for sharing this story. I know this had to be frightening to you and your sister with you both being so young. Children are more capable of seeing things like this because their minds are so innocent and not cluttered with all of the day to day garbage that we adults are faced with. The little girl wanted to play, but she may have also wanted to try to tell the both of you what happened to her, her mother and the baby. What an animal to do something like this. Hopefully he was caught and prosecuted!
I'm glad your mother researched the house and your family was able to move and are fine.
Cookiegal96 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
Iam not being rude or any thing but those ghosts may have been earth bound, To help them get to heaven all you had to do was help them!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: