You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Dead Speak Through The Young

Real Ghost Stories

The Dead Speak Through The Young

 

This strange encounter happened back in the early to mid 80's. Connie & her son Chris ventured out to spend some quality time with her (Connie's) Mother, which meant so much to her since she lived on her own & spent countless days & nights alone & wrapped in a world of loneliness. Chris's Grandmother was thrilled to see him & his Mother & spent the rest of the afternoon together chatting & gossiping over cigarettes and coffee. Typical things some women like to do.

Chris was outside playing with some matchbox cars near a wood shed close to the house. Connie on occasions, when she visited her Mother's, would allow Chris to play just outside off of the front porch near her Father's wood shed area. Keep in mind this was before political correctness had settled deeply into our minds & parents were more easy going about things with their children. Parents (not all of them) for the most part were laid back I guess you can say. I remember times when our family growing up used to leave the front door unlocked, not these days.

All of a sudden Chris came walking into the house frantically holding his hand as if he had injured himself in someway. "Whats the matter? What did you do to your hand?" Connie sat up out of her chair & looked at her son's hand. The Grandmother gazed as well. "Christopher? There's nothing wrong, did you get stung by a bee?" Chris's little head turned back and forth in a "no" manner. Connie demanded an answer even though her son kept his composure, his eyes were tearless & empty of any kind of pain or discomfort. His eyes, however, seemed to be fixed on his Grandmother. Suddenly Chris seemed to snap out of whatever kind of trance he was in & back outside he went. "Probably pinched it or something," Chris's Grandmother exclaimed.

Before I go on any further I want to bring up the subject of my friend Chris's eyes. Chris even to this day has one light brown eye & one light green eye, making himself one of those rare people who have two different colored eyes. I don't know what the statistics are but I am aware to the fact he is the only friend or person I have ever known to have two distinctly different colored eyes.

Moments had gone by since Chris came rushing into his Grandmother's house holding his hand as if he had been in tremendous pain. This next part in a sense will haunt Connie & her Grandmother for the rest of their lives! The front screen door opened with a "bang!" Once again Chris came rushing up to the two elders holding the same hand. Chris's eyes once again seemed to be only focused on his Grandmother's. "Christopher let me see your hand! Did you hurt your finger?" This time Chris ignored his Mother's question & he began to cry. The Grandmother reached for Chris's injured hand. There was no indication of any kind of injury. She gently looked into Chris's eyes & asked him what had happened. "I-I cut myself real bad, think I'm going to lose this one..." Silence. Something like an alarm or a trigger almost went off within the Grandmother's old mind but she was more concerned about what was going on at the moment. "Christopher, but your hand is fine, there is nothing wrong with it," Chris's Mom replied softly.

Chris stood there for another moment crying out, "I cut it real bad, this hand I'm going to lose it!" The two ladies felt a mixture of emotions at the time. They almost felt like laughing because they thought Chris was putting on "one hell" of a show with his little toddler acting skills but the two of them knew he was being dead serious, yet there was really nothing wrong with his hand. "He (Chris) seemed to be acting it all out under some kind of of hypnotic suggestion, Connie later told me. "Okay, well let's get you to a hospital, okay sweetheart, & we'll get her all fixed up for you." Chris's Grandmother smiled as Chris raved on about cutting his hand severe enough to the point were he was thinking he was going to lose it.

Before Connie & her son went packing, the Grandmother had asked Chris what he was doing when he had cut his hand. Connie's eyes rolled because she had just finally got Chris to settle down. "I was here!" He yelled & pointed at the wood shed. "Working!" Connie & Chris got into their vehicle & drove off that afternoon. It wasn't until the next evening until things would make a supernatural turn.

GRANDMOTHER: "CONNIE?"

CONNIE: "YEAH MOM?"

GRANDMOTHER: "HOW IS MY GRANDSONS HAND?"

CONNIE: "ITS FINE, WHY? OH (CHUCKLES) FROM THE OTHER DAY! HOW COULD ANYONE FORGET THAT PERFORMANCE (LAUGHING)

GRANDMOTHER: "WELL HUN, I GOTTA ASK YOU SOMETHING, OKAY?

CONNIE:"OKAY?"

GRANDMOTHER: "YOU REMEMBER THAT LAST WINTER WHEN BEFORE THE GOOD LORD TOOK YOUR FATHER? YOU KNOW WHEN WE HAD THE BAD SNOW?"

CONNIE:"YEA KINDA? WHAT ABOUT IT?"

GRANDMOTHER: "YOU REMEMBER WHAT YOUR FATHER DID THAT PARTICULAR NIGHT OUT AT THE DAMN WOOD SHED? WELL BETWEEN FINISHING UP ON A PROJECT OF HIS AND GATHERING SOME WOOD HE HAD CUT DEEP INTO HIS RIGHT HAND! YOUR FATHER HAD TO GET SOME SERIOUS STITCH WORK DONE ON THAT HAND OF HIS. I CLEARLY REMEMBER HIM SAYING HE THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO LOSE HIS HAND!"

CONNIE: *SILENCE

GRANDMOTHER: "YOU REMEMBER CONNIE?"

CONNIE:"YES. "Yes I-I do."

GRANDMOTHER: "DON'T YOU THINK WHAT HAPPENED THE OTHER DAY WAS A BIT

STRANGE CONNIE?"

CONNIE: *SILENCE

GRANDMOTHER:"CONNIE?"

CONNIE: "YES MOM I DO THINK ITS KIND OF STRANGE."

GRANDMOTHER: "DO YOU REMEMBER EVER MENTIONING IT TO CHRISTOPHER WHEN YOU BRING UP HIS GRANDFATHER?"

CONNIE:"NEVER..."DID YOU?"

GRANDMOTHER: "100% SURE WE HAD NEVER MENTIONED IT AROUND HIM..."

Did lingering spirits of Chris's deceased Grandfather speak through him that afternoon?

Connie never questioned Chris about the incident, she didn't directly tell me why but when I think about it I believe she was almost too scared to do so. After they had left the Grandmother's that afternoon Chris seemed to forget about his wounded hand & he seemed to almost forget about the whole incident all together.

NOTE: Chris's Grandfather died a few years before Chris was actually born. They both shared the quality of having two different colored eyes.

...Thank you for reading.

Other hauntings by timidtim

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, timidtim, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JarMan (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
Interesting story, if not a little drawn out and the caps made my eyes explode. Although I'd like to add little ears tend to pick up on conversation even when you think they aren't listening.
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
Isn't it also a possibility that it wasn't a message, that chris didn't see it... But instead remembered it as In a previous life?
ParanormalGirl101 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-02)
Great story! I think it is possible for Chris's dad to of posses Chris and make Chris do something regarding what happened in Chris's dad's life. I think that thing about the two different colored eyes is awesome! 😁
Thanks for sharing with us. ❤
xParanormancyx (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-02)
That is amazing! This is the kind of paranormal activity that is rare and not actually harmful! To me, I think its astonishing how the dead can communicate through the living. Thank you for sharing this story with us! I deeply enjoyed it.
~Victoria
timidtim (4 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
sorry late on responding but when I was in my late teens I was told about this story through a good friend of mine
7 his
Mother.
Thisisit (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-09)
Awesome story, I had no idea though that ghosts could re-enact the past through the living, that's cool. 😁
timidtim (4 stories) (20 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-08)
cosmogal, I was very impressed by this story as well... Chris had told me this story back in the early 2000's and during the time when I had lived with my good friend his Mother had told me first hand... Guess I thought it had to be shared, thanks...
timidtim (4 stories) (20 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-08)
zzsgranny, hi there. C AND C were very good friends of mine and they both told me this strange tale back in the early 2000's. I am happy that you guys enjoyed the story...
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-06)
This was a great story, chris being a kid and all was easily able to perceive his granfathers spirit. As Cosmo mentioned I think the grandfather just wanted to somehow give a message to them that he was still there and loved them no doubt. I have also met a few people in my life that have 2 differant colour eyes but yes as you said it is very rare to witness.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-06)
timidtim: Great account!...May I be so bold as to ask who these people were/are, and their relationship to you?...

I've only known 2 people in my life who had two different colored eyes... One kid, it seemed strange enough, but the other was a co-worker who was African American/ Caucasian mix... He had one very brown eye, and one green... I thought it was pretty cool...Eventually, he got colored contacts, and he could make them BOTH the same color, depending on what mood he was in! 😆

Thank you for posting! ❤
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-06)
Wow, great story! That is amazing how Chris was actually acting out what happened to his grandfather. I believe it's possilbe that he picked up on his grandfather's spirit by the shed, since he probably spent most of his time there when he was alive. For some reason his grandfather chose that event to get a message to his wife. I think that is really cool about the two different color eyes too. Thanks for sharing this with us. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: