You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: My Dog's Bark

Real Ghost Stories

My Dog's Bark

 

I've always experienced things since I was a kid. My grandmother told me stories of kids that died on the roof of our home and how their souls still play on our roof! This was back in South America. But this story was different. I'm 21 and live in New York with my sister and her family; son, daughter and husband. The craziest thing happened. I have 4 dog's in my house and one of them was barking. I woke up but I was still in my bed sideways and I couldn't get up.

It was if one of my golden retrievers was on my shoulders breathing heavy on my head! Then I closed my eyes and thought of God, and pushed my shoulder up hard. The feeling left with the weight! I think my dog scared the ghost or whatever was in my room away, or it was probably because I forced my body to move and get the weight off me!

By the way, my room is in the basement and all my dogs were on the first floor. Only one of the dog's barking did I recognise! It was my dog. I heard it barking in a bad way like if a stranger came in or another animal! I think it was a soul going by and just took a stop to check in on me! Lol, but I know my mother's soul and older brother are looking and protecting me always for both of them rest in peace and I know they're always in my heart!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, godsoldier89, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

godsoldier89 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-08)
thank you for letting me know more about animals I know they cANT TELL thinks HUMAN CANT! And for that I know my peds are well love in my house and they show luv back
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-08)
Hi godsoldier89, from my point of view animals is very close to God and nature they can sense stuff we can't. They can sense paranormal activity also. Isn't it wonderful to have the gift of pet animals?
Look what happened with the tsunami-all the wild animals evacuated first by them self by going into the mountains to safety. They sensed the danger before the humans did. You can really trust your dogs' behaviour. You know your dog, and you will know when his bark changes. Maybe you must check out the history of the house too. Take care Trix ❤
Jitow (362 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-08)
It was not the dog that scared it, nor your attempt at fighting back. Had you not thought of God and His Holy name you would most likely have stayed in that state a little longer than you wanted to.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-06)
Usually when we do meetings with friend who need help or not, um it seems that when we pray all the animals are calm you know, when the Holy Spirit is there. But if you have animals in a house & it reacts that way weather you're praying or not praying, that animal will let you know something funky is goin down. Bless you & yours. MCL<3

~LSD~

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: