You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Forever At Camp

Real Ghost Stories

Forever At Camp

 

My brother and I were not on the best of terms when our father passed away in 1995. At the funeral home, we never spoke a word to each other. However, before the casket was closed for the last time, I took my brother by the arm and led him to into the room where our father's body rested. I wanted Dad to "see" us together. At least I hoped that he could.

In about 1980, my brother bought a hunting camp in northern Pennsylvania. It was very rustic and tucked neatly away in the woods, far from any roads. Our Dad loved it there. It was a place where we could go to hunt, fish or simply hang out. It was probably 1990 when my brother and I had our falling out, so I didn't get to enjoy Dad's last visits to his beloved "Red Wood" camp. That always bothered me deeply.

As the years passed by, we worked out our differences, and began to get closer again. Just a few weeks ago, in October, my brother and I decided to go up to what was left of "Red Wood" and spend the night in my pop-up camper.

Once we were there, I got everything set up before I got a nice fire going and we sat a few feet apart and began to talk about our experiences there. My brother told me that Dad's last words to him were "don't sell the camp". Only a moment later, I saw a bluish white sphere appear about 40 - 50 feet from us and directly in front. It was, maybe, 20 - 25 feet in the air. I looked directly at it wondering what it was and where it had appeared from. Before I could say a word, the sphere moved towards us at about a running pace, and passed directly between my brother and myself at about a height of 8 - 10 feet. I would guess that the entire incident lasted less than 5 or 6 seconds.

I was a bit stunned and didn't say anything right away. I finally turned to my brother and asked "did you see that". Looking a bit stunned himself, he replied "yes, I did".

So I asked, "what did you see"? "That blue light" he said.

We talked about what we'd seen and came to the conclusion that it was our Dad... Showing his approval that we had put our differences behind us and has returned to the camp the HE loved so much. If there was one single place where Dad would want to spend the after life, it would be Camp Red Wood, no doubt.

That night will forever be special to me. Dad's up there, and who knows, maybe he'll pay us another visit. I certainly hope he does.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bilbil17, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bioweapon (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Hey Bilbil,

I just read your comment on my story and decided to check yours out. Thanks for commenting it makes me glad that other people have experienced this also. Your story is very cool. I believe it was your Dad.:)

All the best.:)
SuperHBK (6 stories) (63 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-08)
Bilbil... What a beautiful story, it reminded me of my deceased wife. Its strange how the afterlife works. When you lost someone very close to you they always intend to come back just to say either goodbye or just to have a peek at you to see if you are okay. I am glad that you and your brother made peace and your father came back to say well done my boys.

My story will be posted shortly please do read it.

HBK 😁
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-08)
Hi bilbil17, I'm sorry your father past away and, I'm glad you and your brother is friends again. This was a beautiful story thanks for sharing it with us.Trix. 😉
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
Such a lovely story! I am pretty sure that your dad is so happy right now that you and your brother have settled your differences. I am also positive that he is watching over you and his favorite camp.

Lisa66 (1 stories) (54 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
Awesome story. I'm sure your dad is beyond happy that you and your brother made amends.
Scooby (20 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
So sorry for the loss of your father, but I am very happy that you and your brother are family again. What a wonderfully, sweet story! Thank you for sharing!
Bless you and your family,
Scooby 😊
bilbil17 (1 stories) (12 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
I've had other experiences that I always brushed off as either coincidence or my imagination. But after this, I have to look back and rethink those situations that are now much more believable to me. I now know that this stuff is real. As a child I was frightened to go to bed each and every night as my bed would inevitably begin to shake. I always attributed it to my heart beat, but nonetheless, I slept every night with my head covered. My second was, again, a few years after my Dad's passing... He literally spoke into my ear... I KNOW it was him. A third happened on a camping trip to Gettysburg, pa. This time there were 8 of us in my pop up camper, all of which heard the distant sound of booming canon... Sometime between 11:00 and midnight. If I can figure out how to put these experiences into words, I'll add them to my stories. But, as I said... I now believe.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
This is a very touching story. I agree with the others and believe that you and your brother were visited by your father. I am sure he is happy that your brother still owns the camp and that the two of you have worked out your differences. Thank you for sharing this with us. Take Care 😊
TessaGonzalez (12 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2010-12-06)
bilbil-
I appreciate your account, it's very touching. I'm glad you and your brother worked things out. It's heart wrenching for a parent when their kids don't get along. I hope you both continue to be Happy Campers.
(sorry I couldn't resist) 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-06)
bilbil: Wow!...I think you and your brother are right in believing this was your Dad...Hopefully, he'll continue visiting you guys whenever you go camping!...

Great story, and much appreciated!...Thank you for posting! 😊
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-06)
Remarkable. Beautiful. I cried. No for real. That's a powerful testimony on communication with spirits! Bless you & yours. MCL<3

~LSD~

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: