You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Daughter's Visitor

Real Ghost Stories

My Daughter's Visitor

 

I have always been a believer of the paranormal. Yet I do have to say that it doesn't mean I stamp every "weird" thing as something caused by spirits, ghosts, demons or anything like that. I have had some experience though with the other side. Especially since I was dead for a few minutes when I was 17. I am not bothered by that so far. But now things are different since it seems my daughter is having something visiting her.

My daughter is only 9 months old and I don't know if it is of any significance, but from the moment she was born, she had a brown spot at the right side of her right eye. It moves along when her pupil dilates or shrinks. Also, she is not my firstborn. I do have a son who lives with his father in Belgium. He never had anything weird happening around him as far as I know.

Anyways, about 5 months ago, my partner, daughter and I moved to the UK. The house we live in is not even 20 years old, so the chance of something being here is rather slim, you would think. But from day one I felt during the night that something wasn't right. It did not feel evil, but I just knew something was there, keeping an eye out. My partner thought I was being paranoid, but even after 5 months, I still feel it. It got worse even, now I am afraid during night, like something is going to harm me. There are weird noises, shadows and things that are moved in my daughter's bedroom. My partner was very skeptical, until I asked whatever it was that was in our house to prove him that I was not imagining it. A few days later, when he came out of the bathroom he heard something like a huff or hiss in his right ear. No one was close to him. He admitted it was weird. Yet we tried to find normal explanations to the things or sounds we heard.

My daughter is a very happy baby, she rarely to never cry when we still lived in Belgium. But since one night here, she cries and moans a lot. That night we brought her to bed and as soon as my partner and I were downstairs, she cried. Not a normal cry, it sounded more as if she was hurt badly, as if something scared her to death. We ran upstairs as fast as we could, to find her in the middle of her bed, no reason as to why she cried like that. It took us a while to settle her down so she could sleep again. We tried to find explanations for it and for now I'm settled with what my mother said: maybe she had just sudden cramps. It does sound very plausible. The next few weeks and months she kept on acting like she was talking or playing with someone we did not see. We blamed it on imagination, her just having fun... Or when she was moaning for no reason, playing up like hell, we just said it's probably her teeth coming through. For every little thing we wanted to find a reasonable explanation.

But last night something happened neither one of us can say is normal. We put our daughter to bed about an hour before her last feeding time, because she looked exhausted. Without any problem she fell asleep. But when I checked up on her, I noticed her shoes were moved in a line to her bed. I asked my partner if he had moved them by accident or so. He said he didn't and that he was going to take a look when we were going to get her out for her last feeding. At feeding time, I went up and got her out of bed. The shoes were still in one line towards it. She was roasting hot. So when I went down to change her, I measured her temperature. It was about 39.3c. Pretty hot for a little girl like her. So I gave her some paracetamol for babies and children.

After her bottle, we put her back to bed and I made sure her heating was off and the window a bit open, so it might help getting her fever down. About an hour and a half later we went to see if it went down. It did, by only 0.4°c. So I gave her a bit of tea, to make sure she got enough fluids in her. She wasn't acting like she was ill though. She was still trying to stand up on my lap and reach for stuff behind me, or pulling my hair, like babies do so often. I wanted to keep on holding her, but knew very well she should sleep a bit. So I laid her back in bed and went down.

Not 5 minutes later she was crying, clearly in distress. I felt sorry for her and went up again. Opening the door, I looked at her face and eyes. Only this morning, after talking with my partner about what happened, I remembered and realized I saw a weird glare or shine in her eyes. Part of me wants to blame it on the light, maybe on how it fell it gave that look, but part of me knows that it is not that. I put the shoes back where they belonged and held my daughter for a bit. This time when I put her back to sleep, she did not cry anymore and before going to bed ourselves, we checked her temperature. It was normal again.

This morning, she acted very calm, though she moans constantly to hold her, even though she has no fever or no physical reasons that could say why she is acting like that. I hope there are very normal explanations to what happened because it is my daughter and I don't want anything weird happening to her. Searching on the net did not help at all. It just came up with a lot of things that are too much to believe. Let's hope nothing happens anymore.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Pinky_Girl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

crazygirl94 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-31)
thats kind of sad. Your daughter might need to get outta the house more. That's all I'm saying 😐
JarMan (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
[at] Hagi - No a fever of 102 is pretty high, especially for a baby. I had a fever of 103 when I had bronchitics and I was in terrible condition. At 105 a adult can slip into a coma, anything higher then that could prove to be fatal. And for a small child, I can't imagine that being ANY better.

Unless you are prepared to say you are a doctor, don't offer medical advise like that.
JarMan (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
Specs of colors in a person's eyes are not all that uncommon, nor are multi-colored eyes or two different colored eyes. Your eyes are made out of a lot of different tissues, including muscles, so it would make sense that when her eyes move, so does the spec. I see her eyes having no bearing on any paranormal experiences.

Strong feelings of anxiety aren't all that uncommon either, especially if you are having any stressful times. I myself suffer from extreme cases of panic attacks that can often feel like something is attacking me.

Babies can be fussy and anything can set them off or upset them in any manner. And no one baby is the same, just because you had one child that wasn't crying does not your next one won't.

It's pretty common for babies to become over heated, it could be any number of things, from the way you dressed her for bed, to the temperature of the room, if she was feeling ill.

I don't see anything paranormal about your story except maybe the shoes.

Best Wishes.
dontxholdxback (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
i agree with jitow. Dont leave your baby alone in room. Make sure that she would not feel alone. A hug everynight will make her comfortable.

Thanks 4 sharing your story! Take care always. ❤
BlanknameSpace (1 stories) (24 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-01-12)
Get off your pedestal. 😠 we don't need you whining when you don't even have the sense to take your own baby into your damn room.
hagi (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-12)
One more important note on taking temperature of a baby. Depending on what thermometer you have it can make a big difference in getting the proper reading. Succubussed may be using a classic oral thermometer which can be 1-3 degrees off which may be the reason for her alarm if she sees that temperature. I use an infrared thermometer that is even more accurate than anal thermometer reading so when I say 102 it is 102, but if you read 102 on a normal thermometer it may actually be 103-105.
hagi (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-12)
Succubussed,
I disagree with you. 102 is not "very bad" as you say but it is significant. It is not anywhere near being at fatal levels or need to rush to the hospital. I based my advice off what my pediatrician, a Dartmouth graduate, told me when my son had Roseola and was teething. He said you should go to the hospital only if the fever is ABOVE 103 and that is only after Tylenol and removing upper layers of clothing doesn't work. Also the fever must be present ABOVE 103 for a while (about 3 hours) before you go to the hospital. It is not so bad even if it stays at 102 or slightly over. This is how the body actually fights the cold or infection, by raising the body heat. It is nothing to cause alarm, especially in regards to the entity possibly causing it- This was my main point regardless, to say all these issues with the baby seem to be normal problems that every baby and it is not caused by the entity, most likely.

Some doctors opinions differ, please keep that in mind. I am not a doctor but I know 102 is not a big deal, as far as I am concerned and my Dartmouth doctor.
LittleDevil (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-12)
i truly and honestly believe in the paramormal, and don't get me wrong I trust your story. But are yu sure she doesn't just like the attention and get bored when she wakes up? My baby neice does that all the time and she cries like she's being attacked when she's just bored 😁
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-12)
The only thing here that sounds truly paranormal is the shoes lining up. If you didn't do it, and your partner didn't do it, someone had to. Lining up shoes isn't a particularly threatening act, I wouldn't worry about the paranormal activity in the home.
Whining, moaning, moping, that's all pretty normal for a teething baby. Some babies handle it worse than others. One of my nephews in particular was awful. The only time he stopped crying was when he was held, and even then he whimpered. Remember when your wisdom teeth came in? Now imagine that in your entire mouth and you know what the baby is going through. Move her crib into your room. Comfort her and give her a lot of affection. Teething hurts, and babies don't understand what's happening. She's scared and hurting. Be patient, this too will pass.❤
Succubussed (guest)
-3
13 years ago (2010-12-12)
I agree with Jitow, 100%. Why would you keep leaving your nine month old daughter alone in a room where there might be something messing with her?

Move her crib into your bedroom.

Also, Hagi, 39. 3 is over 102 degrees Fahrenheit. A fever of 102 IS very bad. A fever of 102 is a high fever, especially for children. You should be more careful and make sure that you know what you are talking about when you are giving people advice, especially when it pertains to the health of young children.
DCinAZ (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-12)
You know, I read through all the comments and the only one that I adree with is Jitow. Why it has not occured to you to put her in your room is beyond me. I've raised 3 daughters and the thing I found most difficult about raising kids was filtering through all the advice you get from all sides, parents, in-laws, relatives, neighbors, friends, and even strangers you meet in the grocery or the park. Everyone has got to put their two cents worth in (especially when you didn't even ask) about how to do just about everything. So after a while you can start to feel like you're doing it all wrong. Jitow makes a very good point, what if there is something there but you were too stuck on doing everything by someone elses book and she ends up suffering for it? Nothing will wash away the guilt you'd feel over that and there are just too many stories out there that end with "I wish I would have paid better attention" or "I always had a feeling something wasn't right but just chalked it up as her wanting attention". There's nothing wrong with wanting to be held when you're a baby, it comes with the job. Whatever your decision, just make sure you're not doing something "for her own good" only to find out later it really wasn't. ❤
Jitow (362 posts)
+9
13 years ago (2010-12-08)
My first question is why don't you bring her crib into your room which would give her much more protection and at all times. You would know what is going on, not to mention it would save on the wear and tear of you going up and down the stairs. I don't think this is the case but never assume that any two babies are alike including your two children. They are never exactly alike. As far as whining for you to hold her during the day, it could be that she just wants to be closer to you and have more motherly contact than your first child wanted or required. In these early years it is much more important that she feel secure and loved than to be left alone in a strange bedroom. If your partner is not in agreement then tough luck to him. If you think, even just for a moment, that something is up there, I strongly suggest that you move her into your bedroom or you and your partner take turns staying with her in her room. God forbid that something happen to her because you want to teach her to sleep by herself in her own room so that you can have your privacy. You gave that up when she came into the world, now she is first, no one else. I am not judging your parenting skills but if I thought something was going on up there my daughter would have never set foot in that room again. Sorry to be harsh but your story just does not add up as to why you would put her back up there thinking that something might be happening, especially her being scared or harmed by something. Please put her in your room, she is not old enough to cramp you and your partner's style and it will save you some steps.
Cinx102 (6 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
Scary. I feel you, whenever I watch my little nephew and nieces, they do weird things that scare me too. Just don't think about it too much, and try to ignore when it seems like they are playing with something you can't see; that's what I do. Good luck and I hope nothing else happens.

-Cindy
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
she might have an ear infection. Some babies just act fussy when that happens. I don't think this is related to paranormal
hagi (1 stories) (53 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
You may have a entity living in your home with you. It is something that happens quit a bit. It does sound like it is a bit more aggressive than others since you sense, see, and here it so much (the shadows is it). Your baby is able to see it clearly even though you cannot. Children and babies are pure and the veil over their eyes into seeing such things are lifted. My son also does this sometimes, stares at something usually on a blank ceiling.

I would say most if not all the behavior of your baby is very normal to babies. The temperature 39. 3 is not very bad, normal at teething time as well.

As far as your visitor there are ways of getting rid of it. It most likely will not physically harm your family. You can live with it or get rid of it. Don't be afraid, it fears you too.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
It doesn't matter that your house is 20 years old. It could be a day old and still be haunted. This is something people need to understand because you see this in many stories on here. People honestly believe just because the house is still fairly new or just because they were the first ones to live in this house, it can't be haunted. It can. The house may be only 20 years old, but the land it's sitting on is thousands of years old. Many, many things could have been built on that land or many battles may have been faught on that land. These are just some ideas that I'm throwing at you so you can understand.
Children are capable of seeing and hearing many things that adults can't. I am like you, I wouldn't want anything frightening my children.
I hope things work out for you and thank you for sharing this story.
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
Strange, for sure. But I would still chalk up most of it to be baby things. The only really weird thing is the shoes lining up... That really is weird. Keep us posted
WReck72 (1 stories) (116 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
vulcan10 saying partner is a regional thing it's very common.

As for the rest the story well 1st over heating is the #1 cause of SIDS so make sure you are not keeping her to warm. 2nd DO NOT give her tea it is a diuretic it will dehydrate her also a one of the higher causes of death in infants. The eye thing is very interesting I have never heard of such a condition and honestly can not thing of what would cause it. There are cameras that can take a series of pictures to check for a wide range of conditions and vision though I don't know that it would be much help in this case.
It's hard to say anything about paranormal activities though many herbal teas have ingredients such as ginkgo biloba that cause a raise in body temperature. Also as your partner suggest if she is teething that can also cause a fever. I hope things work out for you guys.

This comment from vulcan10 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
I really hope this ends. It makes me so angry when things scare my little ones. You should think about how long the U.K. Has been. & all the horrible stuff that happened there for so long. I think things so dark, or whatever hold on to that spot on earth & cause trouble. Just like I believe the farther east you move in the states the more spiritual stuff happens. I'll pray for you. Bless you & MCL <3

~LSD~
crashacton (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
hmmmmm that is really weird hope that there is nothing wrong with her. Keep us posted hope all gooes well interesting story by the way:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: