You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Haunted Or Imagination?

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Or Imagination?

 

This is pretty long... But I have never posted any of this anywhere before, so I thought I would just get it all out! So to give a little background, I've never felt like I've been haunted per se- but I feel like I have been a target for spirits or ghosts, or some kind of energy before.

Once in high school my friend Danie and I were in the living room next to my bedroom and our friends thought it would be funny to lock us out there (it's a creepy living room). So we didn't really mind that we were locked out and were just sitting on the couch talking about something when all of a sudden we heard and felt a huge exertion of air right next to us- like someone was breathing out. No windows or doors were open and no heaters or anything like that were on... So of course we freaked out and they let us in.

That same year a group of us were sleeping outside in my backyard and the lights on the porch turned on and off 2 or 3 times. We talked to my parents the next day and they said they didn't touch the lights. Another night there was a group of us sleeping in my yard again and it was probably about 2 in the morning when we all started falling asleep. We heard a very faint dragging sound down at the bottom of the dirt road behind my parent's house. It sounded like a shovel dragging on the dirt and rocks and it would drag, and then stop. Drag, stop and so on. It was very consistent until it got to the very top of the hill (about 20 feet away from where we were). Then it just stopped. Silence after that. We waited a couple minutes but then got too scared and went inside- the next day we went down to the road and there was nothing there. No footprints, no shovel, no trail of something being dragged.

I kind of always assumed my parents' house had a spirit or something in it because now whenever I visit I sometimes get feelings of something being around. Another thing I should mention here is that I used to get night paralysis there nearly every week or so for about a year when I was about 15. I would have nightmares that the door leading from my room to the living room I mentioned previously would be opened by someone (in all black) he would look at me and continue through my room and somehow I knew he was going to kidnap my older brother. I would try and get up to help my brother but would be paralyzed for what seemed to be about 2 minutes. Then I was able to get up and move- but I would be numb everywhere. It was at about that point that I would realize it was just a dream.

Well that's my past experience with this stuff. I still wonder to this day if there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for all of this, but I guess I will never know. My next post will be about what has happened in the past 2 years in my junior and senior years of college.

Other hauntings by kah11

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kah11, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-10)
Hi kah11, thanks for sharing this interesting story, houses like that always creeps me out also. You will know if it's imagination or not. Sometimes with me when I see something I my brain will stop for a view seconds and I will question what I saw, Is it real? Or is it not? Then I will realise with a shock what I've seen. It's very strange how people react on paranormal, and every one in a different way. Take care Trix. ❤
HUarmy (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-09)
That's interesting... I feel like I'm getting watched all the time. I own a ouija board... I told my friends but they think I'm crazy-__- anyway... Great story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: