You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Haunted Or Imagination? 2

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Or Imagination? 2

 

So if you didn't read my last story- it's basically just telling my past experiences (nothing too exciting) with ghosts/spirits... Whatever it might be. This one is long, but with a lot of little incidents- I hope you choose to read through some of it and help me out!

This story is about what has been happening in the past year- again nothing too spectacular, but more than your average Joe deals with I guess... So it started last year when my roommate and I moved into our current apartment in Eugene, OR. The apartment complex is 6 years old now and we've lived here for about a year and a half.

This past January (2010) I purchased my course books like normal and brought them home and put them away in my bookshelf. The receipt for this purchase was wedged into one of the textbooks and ended up living there until about March (when I finally opened my book to study for my final). I found the receipt in between the front 2 pages- where there wasn't any ink on either of the pages. The book hadn't gotten wet at all and the receipt hadn't gotten wet either when I had first bought the book- but I opened the receipt and the ink was smeared so it was unreadable and it was just a sad face... Like this -->: (...except more creepy and more detailed. So I didn't really think much of it- just thought it was a weird kind of funny coincidence that it turned out to be a sad face.

Alright, so next incident... My roommate woke up one Saturday morning and went downstairs to the kitchen to find a very similar sad face on the counter but it was a coffee stain. We measured the curve of the mouth portion with every single cup we had, yet not one of them fit the size of the mouth. We kind of laughed about that sad face too- just thinking how it was such a weird coincidence... Again...

So then about a week after that happened I was carrying something pretty heavy and accidentally dropped it. I forget what it was but it had a few sharp edges and I ended up cutting my hand slightly. There were 3 separate cuts that- I kid you not- made a smiley face on the top of my left hand in the wedge right between my pointer finger and thumb. (At least it was a smiley this time!)... Okay get ready for the really weird coincidence: my brother, who lives in Eugene too, was long boarding that SAME day and fell. He scrapped up his left hand, and on the palm of his hand in between his pointer finger and thumb- the exact opposite of where my cut was- was a frowny face. I know this seems too weird to be true- but I am not exaggerating any of this.

Okay, so last frowny face story: My friend Sierra moved into the apartment right next to mine this September. About 2 weeks into her living there she called me over because she had found the exact same frowny face burned into her heater vent. (Random side note: Sierra was there when I found the receipt and was dating my brother at the time that he got his frowny face injury)

So I am thinking this sad face is some type of sign or something... I'm not really sure if that's something that's unheard of or common, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Another big thing that happened last year has to do with the kitten that I got. July of 2009 I decided to get a kitten- he was your average, adorable kitten that loved to play and get into things he wasn't supposed to. So right when all the frowny face stuff started happening he began to act a little weird, only occasionally though. I distinctly remember one time he was sitting in my lap sleeping while I was watching TV and out of nowhere he woke up and was looking straight at the ceiling. He wouldn't move and his eyes were huge. Then he started hissing and freaking out. I finally got him to calm down, but after that night he never slept on the covers again- he would only sleep under the covers next to my side. Even if he just wanted to be petted he would go under the covers... Again I don't know if the sleeping under the covers thing is just a cat thing or if he was legitimately scared of something.

So that weekend I had to go out of town for about 4 days so my roommate was taking care of him. He would go into her room and sleep soundly every night- on top of the covers. And while all his toys that he loved were in my room he refused to play with them unless they were out of my room. Keep in mind he hadn't been in my room the entire time I was gone. But he went back in as soon as I was back home. The night I got back Oscar (that was his name) was acting pretty strange- I had just switched his food right before my trip though so I thought it might have something to do with that. But later that night around midnight he collapsed. I would try and help him walk but he just kept falling over- although he could walk if he leaned himself against the wall. I took him to the emergency vet right away and they said it was probably just something he had gotten into that he wasn't supposed to like toilet cleaner or something. (He was 10 months old at this point)

So we left him there overnight and I came back the next morning and he was doing worse... So as to not bore you with this part I will just tell you now that they did every test possible aside from an MRI. They did x-rays, kidney analysis, ultrasounds, etc. Etc. But could not find anything wrong with him- yet he kept getting sicker and sicker. Eventually he went almost completely blind, refused to eat, seemingly forgot how to use a litter box and would not sit still without me holding him for more than 5 minutes (probably due to confusion). The vet concluded that it had to be either a tumour or a viral infection in his brain, but since I had already spent upwards of $2000 trying to figure out what was wrong with him, and both of those options promised a long expensive road to recovery, I decided that putting him down would be best for both of us. All of this happened within 3 days... There may be no connection what-so-ever, but I have heard of animals dying for no reason due to evil spirits.

There was one more thing that happened during these couple weeks of frowny-face fiascos. My roommate, her boyfriend who was sleeping at our house that night, and I all woke up around 3:30am one night. I honestly don't remember what our nightmares were- but we all had very similar ones.

Alright- so that all happened last school year. And while a few things that may have seemed abnormal might have happened between now and then I can't think of anything worth mentioning. So this brings us up to a couple days ago (Sunday the 5th)...

On the 5th I was going to bed like normal and it felt like someone was in the corner just watching me. So I turned a movie on and turned the lights off, but I could not take my eyes off of this one spot. The movie was over and I was getting really freaked out- there was just a really bad energy in the room. So I decided to try and sleep with the lights on. 2:00am, 3:00am... 5:00am. I could not sleep nor had the bad energy gone away. I guess I was too scared to fall asleep because I thought something bad was going to happen to me. I finally ended up being able to fall asleep around 8:00 (around the time my roommate woke up) but was only able to sleep until 11:30 because I had a review session for a class.

Yesterday I was kind of researching how to get rid of this type of thing (and I still have not concluded what it is... Energy/ghost/demon...etc.) So I came across something that said you should pray and whatever it is will most likely go away. Not being a frequent prayer, I felt a little awkward, but last night around 9:00pm I decided to pray. I was whispering my prayer but it was out loud... I don't remember exactly what I asked but I just asked that whatever was in my room/life be removed and leave me to peace. Well the minute I said Dear Lord Jesus I felt a wave of energy so negative I almost started crying. It was like this thing knew I was going to start praying about it and didn't like that. But I continued on with my prayer in this feeling of paralysation/negativity, which only deepened as I went on. It was probably about a 30 second prayer, I didn't show fear in my voice and I was polite but stern that this is my residence. I said Amen and literally 5 seconds later my light that was next to my bed turned off briefly then back on. This has never happened before and the bulb isn't old. I know this may not seem scary to some of you, but following that negative wave, this was easily one of the most terrifying moments I've encountered. I felt like I had done something horrible and revenge was about to be sought on me. I was paralyzed in fear but somehow managed to get up and walk to my roommates room and ended up sleeping in there. As soon as I lay on her bed I felt so safe, and while having another person there was part of it, the negative energy was gone. But same thing as the night before happened- I could not sleep. Didn't fall asleep until 3:30, woke up at 5:30... Couldn't go back to sleep. Her room felt safe- but as soon as I got back to mine the being watched/ negative vibe was there again.

As I sit here writing this I feel this negative thing in my room... It's not as strong as it was last night but it's here. My chest is tight and I can't help but feel as if I'm not alone. It, whatever it is, has some kind of hatred or confusion about me. I haven't slept since this morning making my total sleep time from the last 2 nights about 5.5 hours total. I am the most exhausted I have ever been, but can't seem to fall asleep... I felt it near me today- kind of a cold patch. It seemed like it was taunting me- the cold would touch my face then pull away and repeat. Finally I was getting so annoyed (no windows or doors open), I finally said "please stop." The cold stopped for about 5 minutes but started again. It stopped about 30 minutes ago but it's here somewhere.

I just want to get this out of my life. It seems to appear only every once in a while, but the energy it put out last night is what prompted me to write this and ask what I should do. Any feedback is much appreciated and I hope this wasn't too boring to read about!

Thank you!

Other hauntings by kah11

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kah11, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

aya22 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-12)
I think I have to agree with JimD, this thing sounds demonic. I think I lived in a house where there was a demonic presence, and the negativity that I felt there was overwhelming. Surround yourself with positivity, and don't allow this thing to frighten you.
God bless,
Aya
JimD (431 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-10)
Hi;

My name is Jim and I'm a demonologist - and I am soooo very busy lately. Is Christmas approaching? The volume of demonic assault is incredible, even to me. I know my business, but this much?

In any case, I'm sorry to ramble and I'm sorry for what you're going through. It's 100% demonic. They try different assaults, but the end game is to torment and harm us. I urge, quite strongly, Catholic Holy water, especially on the beds and at night, and the phrase "Jesus and Mary help me". Animals have a keen sence of the demonic. Last week, my team and I helped a woman and her 16 - year old autistic son, who were being sexually violated, and as I screamed the exorcism prayers (as I tend to do), the neighbors dogs, who'd been quiet - went wild; actually howling, as these cowards fled the apartment, in Brooklyn, NYC.

If Catholic, I'd counsel Mass, confession (frequently), Holy Communion, and often. If you need more, I'm available. Dukes2352atAOL.com.

PS Thankyou Joseph, my Seraphim! You see, I kept my word!
lizgo47 (11 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-10)
This wasn't boring at all, and I did manage to read all of it. I advice you to do some research about the place you are living in even though it isn't that old. One question I have is that you didn't mention what happened to your cat. I hope you answer my question I am new at this. And thank you for sharing your experiences.
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-10)
Kah11, It sounds like an evil manifestation in that apartment. Be careful with prayer it is like maddymouse99 says, if you're not a true believer and you don't know how to use prayer in the right way against evil it will mock you like it did putting the light on and off. It can even become worse. The more you fear the more it will feed on your fear also. What always helps for me is the 'our father' and the protection of Gods armour but sometimes it is also not enough in severe cases.
To go into the history of a place takes time although it will put some light on the haunting. People who lived there before could have left evil behind. There are many things that can contribute to this. You can try to get someone to cleanse and bless the place but sometimes it is also not guaranteed 100%. I lived in haunted places before but the easiest way to get rid of it, if it is bounded to the place was to move out for me. If it is something that follows you then the picture changes because then it will follow you. I know I didn't help much but nobody can tell you what to do, on the end of the day you have to decide by yourself what you're going to do about it. If you want to get help from church there will be people who can help you or give advice, but also bear in mind not all the churches deal with this kind of thing.
Your cat... I don't know. All I know is that I had a small dog that my husband and I decided to let put down because it was suffering too much. My dog suffered from a brain virus and like your cat couldn't walk straight, turned blind just like you prescribed in your story all the same, maybe your cat was just contracted this virus. Sorry for your cat... Take care Trix.

maddymouse99 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-09)
I'm not a expert at this stuff, but it could hurt you. Be Careful and I would advise that you go to church, because if your not a big prayer, the praying won't be strong. I would also advise that when you pray, if that feeling sweeps over you, continue on with your prayer, but louder. And If it gets to the point, go to your friends room and get her and her boyfriend up. Go into your room and make a circle holding hands and pray. That's all I can advise, for you. As for the cat, hang on little buddy. 😢
kah11 (2 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-09)
Thank you all for your feedback! It's hard to stay calm but it seems like I have gained some sort of authority over it. More little things have happened today though. My roommate was downstairs and I heard a yawn-type thing. It sounded kind of like a dog yawning. I went downstairs and asked her if that was her and she said she thought it was me... And no one else was in the apartment. And then I came home from my final and our fan in the bathroom was on- which is on a timer. Both her and I had left an hour and a half before and the time only goes for 30minutes. Weird stuff...

But the advice is very helpful and much appreciated! Thank you!
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-08)
I feel like it's too much to be just coincidence or imagination. I understand the fear and the inability to sleep, I've been in the same place. I'm sorry about Oscar, and I have to say I agree with kec92, I think it was related. That just seems odd, personally I have a lot of cats (all outside, barn cats) and nothing like that has ever happened to them. Cats are pretty tough animals. I can't say I know what you're dealing with, but there are people here to help and support you. My advice would be NOT to try and communicate with it through an ouija board, that will only make things worse. Try EVPS or a medium if you know one personally. Sometimes they come out of the woodwork so to speak, and reach out to you. Hope this helps! Keep us posted!
kec92 (3 stories) (25 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2010-12-08)
Hey be strong I what your going through. And you cat I'm sorry but I do think it could be connected. Things like that have happaned to me. You just got to stay strong don't give in to it.
Char89 (3 stories) (14 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-08)
Hi Kah11, stay strong I know its hard. I would continue praying if you feel comfortable doing so. Maybe ask your friend (roommate) to participate with you it may help you feel more comfortable and strong. It must be something attached to you if it seems to follow you or your loved ones. Whatever you do I wouldn't try to talk to it or give it any attention more then necessary, you don't want to feed the fire. Just stay positive, please keep us posted. Thanks for sharing and god bless 😊 ❤
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-08)
When it comes to protection from Evil Spirits, nothing works so well as: Cold Iron.
Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_in_folklore

Or you may try consulting: http://www.oregonghosthunters.com/
of whom are based in Eugene Oregon.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: