You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: The Little Red Imp

Real Ghost Stories

The Little Red Imp

 

This was to be the first of a month's worth of unsettling events. A month may seem like a short time, but I swear it was the longest, most terrifying month of my entire life. Not surprisingly I remember the date: December 14 2003.

I was 14 at the time. I was staying with my grandparents as I often did in the weekends. Usually my younger sister Jess (18 months younger than me) would stay as well in our shared room there. This particular time she had opted to stay at home.

It was just after 5am in the morning that I awoke for no reason. I found myself very alert and nervous though I didn't know why. I took comfort in the fact that the sun was starting to come up and light was slowly filling my room. I lay awake for a few minutes watching the clock on the wall while I calmed myself down. I told myself I was being silly and should go back to sleep. I was lying on my back and I went to roll over. As soon as the thought crossed my mind I felt my entire body freeze up and refuse to move. At once this immense pressure was pushing on my chest and making it hard for me to breath. I was bewildered and frightened; I didn't know what was happening. I lay there struggling to move until suddenly it vanished as fast as it had come. It had lasted only a mere few seconds but it left me quite shaken.

I started to question whether or not it had happened, whether it was my mind playing tricks on me or I had imagined it. Once again I felt the pressure on my chest. This confirmed to me that I had NOT imagined it, unfortunately. I was looking at the space over my chest and I couldn't see anything. As far as I could tell, I was alone in the room. I felt the pressure on me increase, so much so that I was being pushed down into the bed and could hear the springs creaking. It was becoming unbearable and at one point I thought my ribs were going to crack. I wanted desperately to call out but I couldn't make a sound.

Then to my horror, a small red impish creature materialised. He was crouching on my chest with an insane grin on his face. It was laughing at me. I felt him trying to push his way inside me as if he was trying to gain control of me sort of like he was sinking into my chest. Immediately I began to get the most horrible feeling of anger and hatred. I cannot adequately describe it. If Hell was an emotion, it would have been what the imp was radiating. It was an evil feeling, pure evil. I engaged in an internal struggle with it, as I was still unable to move. I mentally pushed back at it and it didn't like it one bit. It became more vicious and now my chest was racked with pain as it fought with me. It appeared to be gaining the upper hand and I felt myself flooded with emotions that weren't my own. I felt furious and I had the urge to get out of bed and just KILL. Anything, anyone, it didn't matter. Rage was boiling up inside me but I knew this wasn't me, it was the imp.

This spurred me into drawing every last bit of energy I had to fight the thing off. I could talk to it telepathically and so I told it in no uncertain terms that it wasn't going to win and I would not back down. Now I was willing myself to sit up. It was ridiculously hard and left me breathless but I pushed it back until I was sitting completely upright. It let out an awful scream and simply vanished into thin air. Instantly I felt free and could move again.

I was far too freaked out to go back to sleep in case it made another appearance so I got up and watched TV in the lounge. Half an hour later my grandparents got up and were utterly amazed to see me up and dressed so early (I'm not a morning person in the slightest). They were even more surprised when I went to the Saturday morning market with them. I didn't want to be left alone in the house that day and that's why I tagged along with them. I was tired and drained but I was too scared to take the risk of sleeping again at least not at their house.

Little did I know that was only the beginning of a nasty haunting.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SpookyEbony, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-08)
OMG! Only 14 and already fighting imps... And they're the hardest to fight as well.
I never physically fought with imps or demons. I've seen a blue demon in my dream once and I got rid of him when I was at a party. I woke up scared as ever but I have the privilage to know that I only dremt it.

Qt
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-13)
wow spooky story. Well articulated and thought out. Can't wait to read more. Like many people posted on here, good thing you fought it like crazy!
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-11)
Mind over matter my friend... Whether this thing was real or not... You refused to succumb to your fears... Of which it was using against you to control your spiritual consciousness, which has abilities not yet understood by our conscious or human perceptions... You built up the courage through anger to defuse the situation... If it were me I would have started laughing and I'm serious... Well done mate... Best wishes... Your a tough guy!
DCinAZ (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-11)
Whoa! I don't know where that courage came from, but for a kid at that age, you rock! I can't even imagine, especially after getting a look at the nasty little beasty, how you could ever spend another night in that room. You ought to get a medal for that. (lol) Can't wait to read more! 😨
Rashidah (guest)
-2
13 years ago (2010-12-10)
Protective circles are good. Especially in warding off evil entities.
GhostBeliever40 (27 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-09)
I am very happy you fought back! You should not go to sleep there again! And do prayers before you sleep. God bless you!
SpookyEbony (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-09)
~Zorforler
To this day I still wonder what would have happened had I not fought back at it. Glad I never found out the hard way but the thought squirms at the back of my mind.
Zorforler (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-09)
Bah Imps are wimps (heh heh made a rhyme) but good job in fighting it. Imps are the weakest of demons and the easiest to beat and scare, I also hear they are afraid of white cats and white dogs or other animals of that size that are white. But from your description yes it was an imp and I agree with Redphx on what it was trying to do to you.
SpookyEbony (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-08)
~Rashidah
Ever since this ordeal I make sure to ask for protection from whatever higher power is watching me every night. My mother has taught me to cast a protection circle around myself which I also use.

~crashacton
Basically, it just wanted to destroy me in any way possible. I was told by some psychic friends we consulted (will mention this in the next part of the story) that it was feeding off me and weakening me mentally and psychically. I ended up in a very dark place during this time which I'm sure this imp helped contribute to.
It was almost exactly 7 years ago this happened so yes, there have been more events I suppose you could call them.

~Kalli_psy90
I'm even amazed at my response to the imp. I guess it was just the whole 'fight or flight' reaction kicking in.
The imp was crouching so it's hard to say how tall he was. Probably no more than 2ft. It was very skinny, scaly and a bright blood red. It had rows of pointed sharp teeth. I could see through it as it wasn't solid. The smiling was the thing that really got me. Still makes me shiver thinking of it.

~cosmogal926
I had the option of doing nothing and most likely end up harmed some way or attempt to free myself. At first I was afraid, then I became annoyed with it. How DARE it try to hurt me! The latter thought was what made me fight back.
Yes, I'm in the process of writing up the next bit now. Looks like it'll be quite the novel 😜

~redphx
I'm glad it was only a weaker one. Couldn't quite handle a little 14 year old girl haha. Nevertheless, it is something I would never wish on anyone.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-08)
wow. That is scary. The imp was trying to be one of the big boys. He was trying to do what the more powerful demons do. Trying to learn. I am sorry he tried to learn on you though. You defeated him once and you know that you can do it again. You will be stronger for it. If you really need help call out for St. Michael. Pray to who ever gives you strength.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-08)
Oh wow! A terrifying experience to say the least 😨 But like Kalli said, I also applaud you for fighting back. As scared as you were your determination to not let that thing win was stronger. I am interested in reading the rest of what happened. I hope your next story gets posted soon. 😊
Kalli_psy90 (1 stories) (55 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-08)
That really is scary I'm so sorry that that happened to you. You were very brave and strong to fight like that many people would have just shut down, I'm so proud of you. I do want to know if anything else has happened to you and possibly what it looked like. I agree that you should ask for protection from whom ever you believe in.
I hope this helps, ❤ Kalli
crashacton (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-08)
i agree with Rashidah. I wonder what the thing wanted with you? Has anything else happened recently?
Rashidah (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2010-12-08)
This is scary. I suggest you start concentrating on your prayers before going to bed.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: