You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Salt And Pepper

Real Ghost Stories

Salt And Pepper

 

Since I was little strange things have happened to some parts of my family. It started before I was born. When my older brother was about two or three my mom would say he would talk to thin air. They thought it was our great grandfather. Since my brother was named after him. It turns out she was wrong. After I was born things got even worse. One time when my sister was babysitting me I saw a white figure blocking the hall way so I could not get to my sister.

Then one night in December my mom had hung bells in one of our door free doorways. The next thing we know my brother came running into the bedroom my sister and I shared. Saying that the bells just started swinging by themselves and just fell. I would have these awful nightmares. That seemed so real. It all cooled down after that for a few years.

When I was nine things heated back up. My friend and I were sitting on our couch. It faced the kitchen. It was around eight and my mom went to the gas station across the street. When all the sudden our huge pot got thrown across the kitchen and hit our fridge. We tried to find a logical explanation about this but we could not. At first we said the wind but this thing is huge. Even the wind could not have blown it across the kitchen like that. Plus the windows were closed. These things only seemed to happen to my friends and I, my brother, and mother. My brother would hear things in his room. My mom would smell things, but my friends and I seemed to get the blunt of it. We would be doing nothing when things would fall off selves. Our lights would go off. Things would be thrown across the room. We even saw a hand once. Once I reached eleven things cooled down once again but would not entirely stop. I was still plagued with nightmares. I would have to sleep with someone because I would hurt myself in my sleep.

When I was fourteen things got real bad and never really stopped but for a few short months. The nightmares still occurred. My friends would be staying and that's when it was worse of all. One time two of my best friends and I were in my room when we saw a light outside. We thought it was from one of our house lights so we turned off all the lights except for the TV. Then looked back out and saw that the light was still there but moving. It was too big to be a flashlight and headlights from a car. We ran into my bathroom and hid for about two hours. When we came back out it was still there. The only thing that ever happened to my sister was the most gross. She and her boyfriend were sitting in our room when thousands of ants came pilling out of our wall. It was insane.

When I turned sixteen that's when things got the worse. I had a new boyfriend and since my mom had to work a lot of nights because of her job she would let him stay over. Plus we were good kids and were trustworthy. Well it was early morning one day that my boyfriend had stayed with me and we were both lying in bed. When I heard this awful whimpering near my heater. I started panicking thinking my dog Bear had been hurt. When my boyfriend said that the dog was lying on the other side of him. Yet he said he heard the whimpering to. Thinking it was coming from outside since my heater was placed under my bay window. We went out to search for the hurt dog. We went outside and there were no dog prints in the snow. We decided to go back in and the whimpering could still be heard but from my wall which was made entirely of brick on that side of my room. Things like this happened on and off.

When I was seventeen and was dating my boyfriend again. Things got even worse. We had got a new dog, Bear had run away. It was late around two in the morning. When my boyfriend went to take our dog out to pee. Well I heard our front door open, then footsteps into my room. Then pressure on his side of the bed. Thinking it was my boyfriend I turned around to give him a kiss when I saw that nothing was there. There was a dent in the mattress from where somebody was sitting but you could not see it. It stayed there until my real boyfriend came inside. Then two months later when I turned eighteen the ghost finally let me see it.

I was sleeping when I heard glass breaking from across the room. I woke up thinking it was our dog. When I looked to where the sound had come from I noticed a man. He looked to be about six foot. He had salt and pepper hair. Which if black with a little white coming through. He had on a white shirt with black pants. These pants had overalls that had a gold buttons on them. Now the clothes looked so old fashion. I went back to sleep because I thought it was a dream.

I guess he got angry about this because a month later I had the worst nightmare yet. It seemed like I had awoken in my room everything looked the same but the light was on. My boyfriend was asleep beside me. Then a sudden panic came over me. I tried to move to get to tell my boyfriend, but I could not move. I tried moving everything, even screaming and then no sound came out. Then it felt like I could not breathe. When the old man leaned over my face and was laughing at me. I felt tears coming out of my eyes from lack of oxygen. Then I woke up for real gasping for breath.

It's just this thing really scares me. I have had a lot more experiences that I'll write more about. Some things I even probably forgot to put in here. I just want to know is if it just hates me because it comes after me more than others.

Other hauntings by kec92

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kec92, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ghostslaya (23 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
well it seems like you should talk to him first and see if he is angry but be careful he might be a demonic spirit... If you do try to communicate with him always remember 1 thing NEVER EVER USE A OUIJA BOARD! Itll bring demons into this world like a portal...
kec92 (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-15)
ToDCinAz thanks I will keep you guys posted I am currently writing a story about my brothers house. That I have now moved into, but these things accured while my brother was living here. To scrapmetalkitten. Yes it is very creepy and now that I am eigtheen things have slowed a little but not much. Things like this still happan to my mother and brother. Also my uncle on my fathers side. I will keep you guys posted and also for the great advice. Hopefull it all does stop
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-15)
Wow ants, sleep paralysis, and poltergeist activity... Sounds like a scary and creepy time. I did not read previous posts... But being a teenager attracts more paranormal activity than normal. That is what happened in my own life, and than it waned and got less and less as I grew older. Creepy things still happen to me but on a much smaller scale. As you get older most likely things will calm down a bit, so cheer up.
❤ ❤ ❤
DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-12)
[To] BJJ--I never would have thought about that! It sounds like a good idea, I'm going to have to remember that one. Thanks 😊 [To] kec92-- You've received a lot of very good advice from everyone here, I hope it all works out for you. Please keep us posted on any future goings-on please. Thanks, Deane 😊
kec92 (3 stories) (25 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-12)
Thanks BadJuuJuu I might also try that. IT just seems like he will never go away. I also think its our family his haunting it just seems like I'm getting the brunt of it.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+6
13 years ago (2010-12-12)
I had a somewhat similar experience with a soldier ghost that followed me for years. I was terrified of him. I finally told my mother, and she suggested I hold a memorial for him. It worked, he came back only once after that, and it felt like he was saying goodbye.
If you feel comfortable doing so, maybe you could do a memorial for this man following you. Doesn't have to be anything complex, just say a few words acknowledging that he lived, and say a prayer that he finds his way to the Other side. It might bring him the peace he is searching for to be able to move on. Just a thought.
kec92 (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-10)
Thanks Darkness Ill try that. Its just this thing it really does something scares me.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-09)
That is true you do have the ability to sense and perceive spirits, they know this and that's why they do these things to get your attention. You could try having your home blessed or there are a lot of cleansing rituals that may help in having this spirit move on if this is all becoming to much for you to handle. Good luck to you.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
kec92 (3 stories) (25 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-09)
Thanks GoodWitch I really appreate the advice like I said strange things have happaned to my family and me as far as I can remember. Like my Uncle Dale says his seen man in his house before. My ma says its because our family has like a 6th sense. Since it keeps happaning to us. Truly a lot to my brother, mother, and I
GoodWitch (4 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-09)
It definitely sounds like this spirit has chosen you. I'm curious about whether this was the same entity your whole life or if there were many different ones. If it is the same one I would guess that this spirit is linked to you somehow. Possibly through your family tree. Another possibility is that you are a medium. Might sound far fetched but spirits are attracted to mediums. It's worth looking into. Seek spiritual guidance but be wary of those who just want your money.
Blessed be

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: