You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Was That My Step Uncle

Real Ghost Stories

Was That My Step Uncle

 

This is a recent experience that happened to me.

This October I believe I saw my step father's late brother. It was 11 AM and my mother, step father and I were leaving to go get something to eat. I walked out of the house heading to the car when I saw a man who resembled my step uncle sitting in an old chair my step father had gotten from somewhere. He had white hair and he was very thin. I'm not sure why he decided to visit me. What do y'all think? Is it good or bad to see a relative and why did he want to show himself to me?

On Halloween I was taking pictures of myself in between trick'n' treating and on my camera was a white streak that looks like a person. My friend thinks it's an angel or it could be a ghost. I don't know how to share pictures on this site. Can someone tell me how to upload it so I can show it?

Thanks for reading my stories.

Other hauntings by dreamergal72

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dreamergal72, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-18)
Like jazzeyjay said, spirits tend to show themselves to people who are more open to the paranormal and / or able to give a message. You said that your stepfather was going though a depressive time (I hope he is better, I have been through it myself and it's not fun), probably your step uncle decided to show himself to you because your stepfather wasn't capable of accepting what he was seeing at the time and figure you could rely some message to him better.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-16)
NightGhost: Thanks for the comment and Yes I might have a Great Gift.
Jazzyjay:Thanks for the comment and My step uncle never evil he a very Good Man but it's My step dad that he is worry about it cause he is very Depression and he just quit his job that he work at the hospital the year before I was born when only meet him when I was 8 year old so He surpose to retired so during his retired he just quit working and All he does is watch tv and doing nothing so that My mother think my step uncle is here to get my step dad to stop with his behavior cause he always grunchy or something get mad all the times. Again Ya'll thanks for the comments.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-11)
dreamergal72: This very well could have been your step-uncle. Sometimes they will show themselves to the person/person's who they feel will be more open to receiving them. It's not a bad thing to see relatives that have passed away. Sometimes they come back to relay a message to family or just to watch over them to make sure everyone is alright. The only reason I would ever think it would be a bad thing for a family member to come back is if they were an evil person in life.
I hope this helps you.
NightGhost (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-10)
Awesome story! And its so well written I imagined I was there when you explained it. I think your step uncle showed himself to you because you have the gift. You're very lucky to have encountered him. Maybe he will come back again.:)
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-09)
Vulcan10 Thank You and Yeah maybe so my mother think he was here cause of My stepdad was depression and he seem will not let him go to the Light or got be a reason Plus she say that He may had try to get him straight out of that attudie of his sorry for the Spelling. Again thank you for the comment.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-09)
I don't know if it's good or bad. I remember my cousin, (wife actually, still my cousin once removed, or cousin inlaw,hmmm?) anywho, when she was about 10 or 12 she and several other kids were playing at the house of a relative the day after a funeral of an uncle she didn't know all that well. They were playing tag or something like that and when they turned the corner of the house, there he was standing there in the yard just watching them play. They all turned around squealing like school girls and raced back around to the front of the house and inside telling the grown ups what they saw. It sounded like they weren't believed. She was very serious about seeing him and him looking just like a normal person, except for the part about having attended his funeral the previous day. There was nothing substantial that came from that sighting. No larger meaning to the kids, and for the most part soon forgotten, you know, a passing memory to be brought up every now and then like she did. It didn't effect her good or bad and she didn't have any other sightings the rest of her life as far as she knew. So sometimes stuff just happens, and then you go to lunch.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: