You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Little Red Imp 3

Real Ghost Stories

The Little Red Imp 3

 

It had been 3 days since the shadow man attacked me and my mother. Finally the day of the clearing had rolled around, ironically on my 15th birthday. Only my mother and I were allowed to be in attendance. My brother and sisters had been sent to my grandparent's house for the afternoon. Aside from the friend's mother we vaguely knew, there were 3 other psychics/spiritually attuned people ready to help us. Once they had all arrived they wandered about the house to get a feel for what was there. My mother had told them little, only that there were malevolent entities upsetting the household.

We all had to gather in the lounge in a circle. Incense and candles were lit. My aura was cleansed by one of our guests. We were told there was a large amount of entities in our house. A door to another dimension was located directly at the end of the hallway, near my bedroom. On the other side of that wall was my en suite. This explained to me why I had become wary of that room. The door was partially open but there was a large boulder preventing it from opening completely. It was open enough for things to come flooding through, as luck would have it. The door and boulder were not in the living world, where they were located was just a boring old blank wall in my house. The red imp was the one who let the rest in. They were convinced I had picked it up from my grandparent's house and brought it home with me as it had attached itself to me. When I mentioned my grandparent's house is very close to a cemetery it was agreed that was the source of the bad energy I had picked up.

The whole time while we were standing in the circle talking, I could feel hands gripping at my legs. Like several people were clinging on to me to avoid being dragged away by a strong current or something. One of the men there asked if I could feel things on my legs. I told him yes to which he replied there were spirits that didn't want to leave and were trying to stay with me. He could see them perfectly; I could only see a faint white swirling mist around my legs. The red imp made his last appearance that day. While I was preoccupied with the spirits at my feet I could sense the imp somewhere behind me in the hall. One of the psychics was sitting at the end of the hall in his wheelchair. He told us afterwards that a red imp-like creature (my mother and I had not said anything of the imp) had come up behind him and yanked his hair hard, pulling his head back. He simply reached behind him, grabbed the imp and threw him forwards into the vortex of light we had created to cleanse the house.

My family and I were relieved to discover after having our house cleared that the 'haunting' stopped. I never saw the imp or the shadow man again or heard the horrible whispering. I was able to sleep without feeling like I was being watched and my little sister had returned to her own bed without a fuss. The whole experience had left a deep impression on me. It would take me years to muster the courage to sleep on my back without fearing something would harm me. I do believe it has made me stronger spiritually and since then I have had more confidence in myself when having to deal with spirits and the like. Of course I still get a bit of a fright these days when a disembodied voice starts talking to me in an empty room... But I don't let it get the better of me.

We had other strange incidents in that house in the 6 years we lived there but that was definitely the most memorable. My family moved out of there a little over a year ago and I now live out of home with my sister Jess and her young baby. Happy to report there are no mysterious portals in this flat. Nothing terrifying has happened here... But there have been a few odd things. That's another story for another time should anyone care to hear it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SpookyEbony, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-08)
INCREDIBLE STORIES!
Once I read the first story I couldn't wait to read the next one.
Truly amazing how your writting makes me feel as if I'm watching a scary movie.

Qt
sussieq (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
Amazing story, I am so sorry you had to go through that, however, I am truly amazed by you and your families courage. I am so relive to hear that everything is better for you now, and I hope it continues to only improve. Thank you for sharing your story. You are an inspiration to me.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
fantastic story thank you for sharing can not wait to read your next one and I hope you never go through something like that again
DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-14)
Thanks for sharing your story with us, I know I enjoyed reading it, I love the way the little red imp was "disposed" of, that was absolutely classic! You have a nice writing style that paints a scene and let's the imagination do the rest. Can't wait for your next story! 😊 😊
Zorforler (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-13)
Very nice I like this story. That'll teach the imp lol. Like I said before imps are wimps and are easy to get rid of. Good job =D.
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-13)
SpookyEbony- Check out the three stories about the "Roaming Condo Imp" if you have not already... Here is the url to the first story, you can check out the other stories by clicking on the author's profile.
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=3297

❤ ❤ ❤

These stories are also about an abusive impish figure that had a reddish-hue...
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-13)
That was a great ending to all 3 stories. Before I read the last story you wrote, I thought it sounded like some kind of open portal was in your house... Guess I was right. I have been in places with spirit portals, not very fun to be there too long. It's like you get the bad as well as anything else that comes snaking through. I made these three stories favorites ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-13)
SpookyEbony: I'm glad you were able to finally rid yourself of these negative entities, and are finally able to move ahead with your life with confidence and light.
Do you have any idea what may have attracted this imp to yourself in the first place, do you think it may have been your grandmothers home possibly? Perhaps you being quite spiritually open minded!
All the best to you for the future.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
snowhite (203 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-13)
I like your story and I am so glad you finally got rid of all the evil spirits and can live in peace. I personally don't like a house near a graveyard since I believe the dead belong to YIN and we belong to YANG. In Chinese culture, it is really bad luck if your house is near the graveyard which is called bad FENGSHUI. I guess they think that way for reason.

Can't wait for your next story.
HADOKINZOR (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-13)
Wow that's a great story just try not to go near or in a graveyard while scared, Or else some spirits might attatch

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: