You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Clown

Real Ghost Stories

The Clown

 

The following story contains an experience that one of my closest friends had back in America.

My friend's name is Michelle. She used to live in Kansas with her parents and her 5 year old brother. They had a very big house in a nice but quite detached neighbourhood. Nothing wrong had ever taken place in that particular area, until one day when Michelle and her parents decided to go out for a dinner. Because it was very late at night, her parents decided to have a babysitter take care of Michelle's younger brother, Nickolas.

While the three of them were having a quite nice time at the restaurant, her father's cell phone rings. As Michelle had told me, the person calling her father was the babysitter. She was asking him, using a tremulous tone in her voice, whether she should cover the clown sculpture in Nickolas room or just remove it outside because she claimed that it was scaring the boy. Michelle's father was too shocked, replying to the woman that they did not have any clown sculpture in their house.

After a strong confrontation between the babysitter and the father, Michelle and her parents decided to return back home, scared and shocked by that conversation. When they came back, they found both the babysitter and Nickolas outside in the garden. When Michelle's parents demanded to know what had happened, the little boy started crying, while the woman was too scared to answer.

Michelle and her parents entered the house and went upstairs, to the boy's room, in which the babysitter had claimed to have found a clown sculpture, but nothing was there. Even though, my friend claims that both of them, her brother and that woman, were scared to death like they had seen something.

A few days later, Michelle's family decided to let the neighbours know about that incident. Imagine how stunned they were when one of their neighbours, named Mr Samuel, verified that something similar had happened to his family as well. According to his sayings, there were nights when he would feel like someone else was in his family's house. He had also mentioned a particular incident concerning his own daughter who had claimed many times that there was a stranger in her bedroom during night time.

She had also claimed that the "stranger" looked like a scary smiling clown.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, femalevampireshadow, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Goodbyeblueskies (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-11)
Please do not post urban legends on here... This is for true stories. I know I am not the first to say it, but this sort of thing really is not OK.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-09)
Ooh, no no no, I meant if there was a story with offensive or threatening content. And yes I understand I didn't need to point it out but I just wanted to share my opinion because I think everyone's opinion matters. And yes I know it's not my call or your and that it is the administrations, but incase there ever was a story like that then people could report it.
I was wondering, does the admin of the site have an account on here? I just curious.
And thank you for responding, I appreciate people who are willing to respond and you seem to be on top of it. Thanks
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-09)
Sam - if you had read the comments, you would have noticed the very first comment made on this story pointed out it was an urban legend. Not only that, a couple other members mentioned it. There is no point in you, or anyone else, pointing it out again. Especially since the o/p is no longer active.

Also, whether or not stories should be, can or cannot be deleted, is not your call or ours. Only the administration makes that decision.

And to be honest, in my opinion there was nothing offensive or threatening (I'm assuming that's what you meant) about this story. The o/p never threatened anyone, nor were there any threatening remarks in the comments section.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-09)
Oh well. I just think people should know this is fake, it's the only story on the site I've seen (yet) that I know isn't real. But you sure must have a way to delete a story if it's offensive or threading or something though.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-08)
Sam - this story is 4 years old and the member is no longer active. Also, just for future reference, once a story is published it stays unless it is a duplicate.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
-2
9 years ago (2014-12-08)
This is fake and I know it. You got this from "the clown statue" urban legend.
Someone get this removed, this is also plagiarism because it's almost an exact copy of the urban legen I read of of another website.
TechnoDawg (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-31)
Your kidding right? This is one of those things that people forward on texting and post on Facebook saying that this story happened and if you don't repost/forward this than the clown will show up beside your bed with a chainsaw, I'm curious, femalevampireshadow, do you really think that people on this sight are that stupid? 😠
buckle123 (2 stories) (10 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
I read a story just like that except the clown was a homocidal midget dressed like a clown. 😲 😲
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-15)
butthead: Hahaha yeh I wouldn't want to see one myself either lol, just try not to think about it I guess and then they won't pick up on it. (Hopefully)

All the best mate.

Dan
butthead (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-15)
makes perfect sense Dan.

My mind not working at the moment (quitting smoking is my excuse) but yeah, I should normaly be able to think of that.
You are right I'm sure.

The only reason I suggested that I guess is because I've not heard of a story before or situation where one was involved (and I've read to many haha), but as you just said, you have.

Thanks for clearnin that up, good point. However, if I see a clown over the next few nights in my house I'm going to hate you;) ;)

Take care, and thanks;d
koalagirl (3 stories) (111 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-15)
hi that's so so creepy, I have never really liked clowns, thankyou for your interesting story. Di.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-14)
You know what butthead I think clowns being related to paranormal comes down to an evil entity let's say a demon, disguising itself as the one thing there target is scared of the most. I remember an episode of "A HAUNTING" and all the experiences this family had were to do with things that they were the most frightened of, eg: the son was afraid of clowns and then he saw the image of a clown staring at him in the hallway. Hope this makes sense. 😊

Dan
butthead (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-14)
i haaaaaate clowns too, but it just struck me as to how a clown could be paranormal related.

I haaaaaaaate that movie 'IT'!
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-14)
Well you could knock me over with a feather. I had no idea this was an urban legend. It is very creep though, I hate clowns 😨
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-14)
Olly is quite correct concerning it's Urban Legend status:
Http://www.snopes.com/horrors/madmen/statue.asp

Now, in femalevampireshadow's defense, perhaps her friend, Michelle, would be so nice as to let everyone know where this house lay? After all, I'm sure some Kansas ghost hunters could check this place out.
butthead (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-14)
yea I googled that and read the exact same story as an urban legend.

Is a shame that a close friend can lie about things like that. I have a close friend who is almost addicted to lying, about everything: (
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-14)
exactly what kind of sculpture was it? Life size, more of a bust,etc. And was it setting on something or standing by itself? I've never liked clowns, and the book "it" didn't help things.
Worried_Brit_Chick (6 stories) (108 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-14)
That was creepy! I really enjoyed it though! Thanks for sharing x
Olly227 (1 stories) (6 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-12-14)
And the clown is a serial killer/ pedophile. Not a ghost. Google it.
Olly227 (1 stories) (6 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-14)
Um...this is an urban legend. I've heard it before. This site is for true stories.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: