You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Son's Birth Marred With Bad Occurances

Real Ghost Stories

Son's Birth Marred With Bad Occurances

 

It started on the first day that we brought our son Ethan home from hospital (five months ago) (winter, south africa). In Durban our winters are very mild with no snow.

Our first night home I put my newborn to bed in our room. I double wrapped him in a very warm fluffy blanket plus I put another baby blanket on top of that. We had put him to bed in a cot next to our bed. In the middle of the night we woke to him screaming his head off. I lifted him out of his cot and unwrapped him to put him in the bed next to me. His hands, legs, feet and face were ice, ice cold. His little mouth was even chattering (we didn't think anything about it then, we were just so shocked that our little bundle nearly froze to death on his first night). So we rushed out the next day and bought him a heater. We had the heater on for a while (half a day) and the lights started flickering and the electricity kept cutting off putting us into darkness on and off that night. So the next day we left the heater off and unplugged it. Thinking that that is what was causing the lights to go funny. It still kept happening days after. We were sitting in the lounge (a couple of days after we had brought Ethan home). It was night and we were talking and all of a sudden the light outside our kitchen started dimming and flickering and then exploded. So we got up, got a bulb and replaced it. Not even two days later the new one just went out but the bulb was fine. The same thing has happened to every light in our house since then (my brothers are electrical engineers and they can't find the source of the problem).

In his first month home, Ethan was suffering from acid reflux (heart burn) and the only thing we could do to ease it was to sit him up. So we were putting him to sleep at night in his pram (because it slightly elevated him). He was fine for a week or so until we found him during the night on the floor. We had put the pram seat flat so he could sleep and we had put his breathing mat underneath him (the mat gives an alarm if the baby stops breathing). We woke to the alarm of the mat going and Ethan was on the floor on his tummy with his hands tucked neatly under his head, still fast asleep! (the worst night of my life.)

We decided to buy him a baby monitor so we could hear if he moved. We had to take it back because it didn't pick up our baby crying or making a noise. It would just let off sounds of static and another baby crying.

Our first time taking him out shopping: We came back from the shops and found that the kitchen tap was running and that the sink had filled up and over flowed onto the floor. The strange thing is the sink had no plug in it. Our house is so small (60sqm). There is no way we would have left a tap running! We would have seen it straight away. This has happened twice. Another time the kitchen tap clogged up and black coal dust came spewing out of the tap (it wasn't dirt at all). If it was to do with the water people working on the lines then we would have had the same stuff coming out of our other taps and our washing machine and dishwasher. We have had to replace the tap in the kitchen and the shower head in the bathroom because it just started spewing water from the wall (without switching it on). We got a plumber in to check our plumbing over and he couldn't find any broken pipes. He said that it looked like it had been caused by a surge of water.

A couple of times glasses of water have just fallen off the kitchen counter with no explanation. No wind, nothing.

Son's Birth Marred With Bad Occurances

This pic was taken 3 years ago. The blue item on the couch is a matt tupperware lid. We have taken other photos of the lid to see if it reflects any glare but it doesn't.

One night about a month ago I was feeding Ethan in his room. He has a small touch lamp in his room and it started to flicker. I ignored it and put him to bed after he had finished his bottle. I went to touch the lamp to switch it off and when I did I felt something rush past me. I thought, well maybe it's just my eyes adjusting to the dark, but when I went to walk out of his room the same thing happened again. I even felt myself move out the way.

Recently we put up Advent calenders (one for Ethan and one for us). We had had them up on the fridge for a while before the first of December. They were stuck with double sided tape. The first day we opened them, we made a big fuss with Ethan and gave him his chocolate. The very next morning his one was lying on the floor miles away from the fridge covered in ants. So the next day we gave him one from our calendar, next morning both of them were on the floor. So we moved his to one side of the wall and ours to another and gave him one of his chockies. The next morning his was miles away again. So eventually after many times of picking our Advent calenders off the floor, we have left them on a shelf where nothing can move them. The strange thing is, they never fell down during the day, when the door was open and the wind could have taken them down.

On Saturday afternoon I was battling to get Ethan to go to sleep. Eventually we started playing and laughing so I brought him through to the lounge. Last Christmas we had bought a set of non-flashing Christmas lights. They started flashing, so jokingly I said, go away ghost, you aren't welcome here. The next thing our dishwasher that was on just went dead. No lights on, nothing. So my husband opened it up, switched the power button on and off again and then closed it thinking that it had backed up. As he walked away it came on again and was doing it's normal cycle.

That evening I was sitting on the couch and Ethan was in his little chair in front of me. I started to play with him and he wouldn't look at me. He just kept staring at the seat that was empty next to me. I managed to get his attention twice and every time I did he looked at me, whimpered and then stared again at the seat next to me. This carried on for ten minutes. Eventually I got my husband to sit next to me. As soon as he sat down Ethan was back to normal.

That night we couldn't sleep so we got up to have a cup of tea and a ciggarette. We had left the tv and lights off so as not to wake Ethan. While we were standing at the window having a cig we heard such a strange noise that came from the kitchen (which we were standing next to). It was almost like a low "nails on chalkboard" mixed with the rustling of a packet. My husband quickly started to search for the route of the noise. I tried to remain calm while he was frantically opening cupboards and looking under the kitchen counter. It just made both our skins crawl. It might have been nothing, but after everything we have been through, everything makes us jump now.

I feel like I'm going crazy. I don't believe in paranormal activity. What can I do to get rid of whatever is in my house? Has anyone had anything like this happen to them. Why now all of a sudden when we have lived in the house three years prior to our son being born? I have bought a sage smudge stick but reading up on it I don't know if I want to go that route because I am worried that it might invite other more serious things into our home.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, samanthacrilley, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

samanthacrilley (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-21)
Thanks so much for the response. It realy means a lot to me and has put my mind at ease a bit. Sorry I took a while to respond (I didn't recieve an e-mail informing me people had commented)
I did do a smudging ritual over the weekend. So far nothing more has happened but only time will tell. I do agree with worried brit chick. It some how does feel like a "child presence" To comment on Pjod's post. What I meant to say was I don't normally believe in Paranormal activity, because I had never gone through anything like this before, but after experiencing what I have been through, I am a firm believer now.
I just hope that what / has been happening will not affect my son in any adverse way.
Keep well guys, Have a very merry Christmas. Will keep you posted if anything more happens.
DCinAZ (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-17)
Hello samanthacrilley, and welcome to ygs. I have to agree with 'worried brit chick' on this one, it makes sense that it would be the spirit of a child. The temper tantrums for instance, can be attributed to the behavior of a petulant child. Plus, these things only began once you brought Ethan home from the hospital so it all sort of points in that direction. It's always sad to think a child would still be hanging about instead of crossing over at the time of their death, I believe they just 'missed' their first chance to cross over because they didn't understand what had happened to them. The best solution for all of this is to help this lost one cross over or 'go into the light'. I've never done this myself, but I'm sure there are others here who could advise you. Please keep us updated on any new developments, or if you have more questions. ❤
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-16)
"I don't believe in Paranormal activity"
Well, that obviously is not working out for you. Perhaps if you were to accept it, and deal with it? Something seems to be trying to get your attention, the more you dismiss it, the louder the activity may become. Just try to talk out loud, ask it to leave, tell it you are becoming scared...something.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-16)
I'm so sorry to hear your family is going through so much. Ethan sounds like a wonderful baby, and it's very possible that his coming into the home has stirred something up. I think you should try the smudging, because even if it doesn't work, it can't hurt. It's not an evil practice or anything. If you feel better about it, pray while you do the smudging and ask for your chosen entity's blessing and protection throughout your home. Even if it feels a bit silly, I do believe it will help as it has helped so many people.

Regardless, I think you and your husband should take a firm stand with these incidents in the event that it IS paranormal, and as you obviously cannot ignore the damages being done to your home (and your nerves!) because of these happenings, acknowledge that this spirit is there and tell it sternly that it is not welcome in your home if it continues with this behavior.

Best of luck... Keep us posted.
Worried_Brit_Chick (6 stories) (108 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2010-12-16)
Goodness, my thoughts are with you and your family, and I hope things improve for you soon.

Whilst reading through this, I did think perhaps it could be a poltergeist, but then reading about the recurring events concerning water, and the baby and static you heard through the baby monitor, I wondered whether perhaps this entity could be someone who lost a child, possibly in a drowning accident? Perhaps they are hanging around because being close to Ethan helps to ease the pain of their own lost child.

My other thought was maybe it's the other way round, and you are being disturbed by the spirit of a young child who died in water. Maybe the spirit has always been there, but has become jealous since you brought Ethan home? That might explain why you poor baby was turfed out of his pram, it seems a childish thing to do. When I was a baby, one of my older brothers was jealous of the attention I was getting (he was 5 at the time) and used to hide my toys/blankets/bottles and even slapped me once. It seems he got over it because 23 years on we're very close 😁

The incidents with your lightbulbs also made me think of childish tantrums, perhaps the spirit could have seen that popping a bulb was irritating to you, and has proceeded to pop the rest of them as a sort of payback for what they see as you replacing them with Ethan?

I am sorry if none of my theories make any sense, they are just speculation, and the last thing I would want to do is alarm you.

There are a lot of people with vast experience in this sort of thing on here, and I am confident that one of them will be able to help you, or at least advise the best course of action.

Best wishes to you, your hubby and Ethan, stay safe guys xxxx
butthead (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-15)
i must add one thing that I have been thinking since I made that post. While it could be something that is attached to your house, it could also be something that followed you home when you gave birth to your child.

I will restrain from filling up the reply section any further, sorry. ❤
butthead (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-15)
Children are often reported looking at things that we cannot see, it's something to do with the pureness they have in early age and the energy that surrounds them. I'm not to sure exactly why but it's reported in many hauntings, that children talk/see/play with things that we cannot see.

I do wonder about the "other baby crying" on the baby moniter thing. While I have barely heard a baby cry through these things, I do know that I sound unrecognizable to myself when I hear myself on phone messages, and wonder if the sound of the baby is indeed your baby but the machine was making it sound different.
I'm not doubting what you say, I believe every word... But I believe this is a possibility.
As for everything else, I cannot give any reason as to why its not paranormal related. Way to much has gone on since you brought your child home, and I would assume that the energy of the child has awoken some spirit there, and the excitement/anxiety/fear and million other emotions that you may/may not have been feeling since you and your partner brought the child home, may have given the spirit more energy to work with.

When attempting to communicate a spirit more often than not needs to gain energy from somewhere, and when you told it to go away perhaps it was trying to do something in response; talk/move something/make a bang, whatever, so perhaps it attempted to gain energy from the closest available source which was running - your dish washer.
That would be one possible explanation as to why the dishwasher turned off the moment after you said this.
I think you should get some help, I'm not trying to frighten you here, I just think you should get someone in who can enlighten you to the kind of spirit that is attached to your house.

I know it's impossible at times, but try not to show any more fear than you possibly can. Look to your partner - and him to you, for comfort from fear.

Fear is a source of energy of which it 'could' use to gain the energy itself to move the objects it attempts to move, or make the noises it attempts to make.

I personally think you should contact people who will be able to visit your home, educated/experienced people such as mediums or certified paranormal investigators, and tell them every detail as to what you have written here.

Some things you write made my instict feel that something is jealous of your new baby, what with the calenders being thrown each time you gave the child a chocky.
Again just a complete guess and something I cannot be anywhere near confident of.

Whatever it is, it needs to be told that this is your home and just as much your child's home, and that it has no right to do what it is doing to all of you. There are people experienced in removing/stopping these beings from this, and many ways of doing it. People here will be able to give you great help with that, just as much as any decent medium or investigator who'm you might let visit your house.

Dont take all of what I have said as fact, just something for you to think about and compare against what others may be able to tell you. After all, apart from reading stories, that is why this site is here.

ZiShu (281 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-15)
Send me an email, so I may be able to help you further with this entity.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: