You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Haunted Home 2

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Home 2

 

So this is the second part of my story, it picks up quite a while after the last one and all these experiences are mine. Its pretty long winded, so please bear with me:).

Between February 2006 and June 2007 we lost three family members, two rather unexpectedly. My Uncle passed in February when he had a Coronary Embolism in the early hours of one morning. A few months later in April/May, after being sick for a while, my Nana was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer and she died in December. And then one day at the end of May 2007 my Aunt had a heart attack while out shopping one Saturday and spent ten days in hospital on life support before the decision was made to turn them off.

I was always very close to my Nana and when she passed, although it hit me hard, I dealt with it differently to the way I had other deaths. At the funeral, I hardly cried and was pretty stoic about the whole thing and at the time I thought it was my personal denial of the situation. Not long after I started having dreams about her. I can't remember them in vivid detail and I couldn't tell you if she ever said anything significant but I do remember that she was plump again, all her hair was back and she seemed happy. The dreams left me with a feeling that she wasn't finished though, like she wasn't ready to leave just yet.

I mentioned them to my Mum once she told me she hadn't had any dreams at all, but my Aunt had. It was six months to the day that my Nana passed, that my Aunt's life support was switched off and the dreams stopped.

We always thought that my Aunt died from a broken heart, having lost her husband and Mum so close together, and I believe that my Nana knew it was coming and waited for her.

A few months later I found out I was pregnant with my son, and after he was born, my little family moved into the house that my Aunt and Uncle had lived in. The house itself, is fairly new and had only had one previous owner before my Aunt bought it from them. It has three floors, kitchen on the ground, family room and box room on the first floor and two bedrooms and bathroom at the top. Our bedroom is what would have been my Aunt and Uncle's bedroom, and it's where my uncle passed away. Even when we were getting the house ready to move, we would hear the floorboards creaking in our bedroom when no one was up there, and we still hear it to this day.

I have a feeling of being watched again and paranoia like I did in my parent's house and when my son was old enough to talk he started pointing into the corner of the family room and saying 'man'.

One day I was in the kitchen with my son and I was taking some photographs on a digital camera, and I turned to take a picture down the hallway towards the front door. The resulting picture showed an orb floating next to the door and it's something I've never been able to recreate.

Some time later, I was walking with my son down the stairs to the ground floor and I had my back to the banisters. At the end of the hallway, just before the kitchen there is a door that goes into the garage and you can see it from about halfway up the stairs, and as I was coming down the stairs I turned in the direction of the door and out the corner of my eye I see this shadow walk past the garage door and into the kitchen. My husband was at work and we have no pets, so it was just me and my son at home that day.

It's not the only time I've seen a shadow though. The second time I was sitting in the family room one evening last summer and I'd put my son to bed. The room is divided into two with an arch because it's technically a living room/diner and we have a small sofa in front of the arch. Again out the corner of my eye, I see this shadow appear at one side of the arch, walk behind the sofa quickly and then disappear on the other side.

The other thing that happens in this house is the smells. My Aunt was a fan of expensive perfume, she would always wear a particular brand and she was a heavy smoker. Occasionally I'll go somewhere in the house, usually the first floor landing, and I'll smell that mixture of perfume and cigarettes that is just how I remember her smelling. One particular occasion, my son was ill so I took him to the doctors and when I got back, I opened the front door and was greeted by that smell, like she was waiting there for us to get back and I remember saying, "Don't worry, it's just tonsillitis, he'll be fine in a few days," and the smell slowly went away.

My most recent experiences are a little different from the rest. The first one was the 4th of December this year and it was the day before what would have been my aunt's 60th birthday. I was in our bedroom putting some clothes in the cupboard when this bright light, almost like a tiny ball of electricity or an electrical spark flies past me at eye level and into the cupboard. The second one was December 11th; I was lying in bed and my husband was downstairs and I heard the door knob flick like someone had turned it really fast, so I sat up and looked towards the door and it slowly opened (it's kind of freaky actually because the door needs oiling so it opened with a real haunted house creak). My son's room is next door to ours but he was still fast asleep so it wasn't him and my husband passed it off as me not clicking the door shut, which has happened in the past but I know I heard the door knob turn.

Other hauntings by ourlittlesecret

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ourlittlesecret, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DCinAZ (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-18)
I agree with butthesd, I smiled quite a few times reading your story, thank you for that. I'm so sorry for the loss of such close family, and all in one year. I'm sure your feelings and experiences are real. Family is like that, aren't they? It's nice that you know who it is and are comfortable with them, it makes it easier for them too when you don't freak out about it. It was a good story and I enjoyed reading it. ❤
butthead (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-15)
I'm so sorry for you and your family that in such a short time you lost 3 loved members of your family.

It's not impossible that you have more spirits than those you believe are there.
But I smiled so many times throughout this story that I am left with no doubt that the majority of, possibly all of the occurances you have are ways in which loved ones are reminding you they are there.

It's been a while since I read a story that has mixed me with both sad yet in a way happy feelings.

Thank you for sharing this

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: