You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost At The End Of My Bed

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost At The End Of My Bed

 

I have just joined this site and am new to all of this. I should mention before I tell my story that I am not religious and have never had anything like this happen to me before.

I am currently living away from home whilst at University. I have only lived in my current University house (which is shared by two other friends) since the end of September (2010). It is an old terrace house and the decor is also old fashioned. My room is downstairs, where as the other two bedrooms are upstairs

At first there were only minor incidents. The kitchen lights would be on in the morning, even though none of us had turned them on in the night and we had switched them off before going to bed. Then a few weeks ago I was half asleep, when I felt someone sitting on my feet at the end of my bed. I was too tired to look, and I wasn't sure whether or not I was just dreaming, so I just went back to sleep.

On Monday (13/12/10) morning at exactly 3am (according to my clock) I woke up and saw someone sat at the end of my bed. At first I jumped and thought someone had broken in, or that it was one of my housemates, but when my eyes focussed I saw that it was an old-looking man and that he was transparent. At the same time one of my posters came crashing down. I felt terrified and didn't know what to do, so I stared at him for about 10 seconds (he was looking straight ahead, not at me) and shut my eyes. I wouldn't open my eyes for about five minutes, by which point he had gone. I then ran and switched the light on, before running upstairs and waking up my housemate. My other housemate is away at the moment, so I have been sleeping in her bed. It didn't do anything to harm me, but it has still shaken me and I don't know whether to just leave it or what?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, venusinfurs, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SoliK (13 stories) (44 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-15)
This ghost that you saw probably has been there a while and sounds like it's fairly quiet and just going with the flow of things. I had something like that happened to me once except the ghost of an old man was right next to me when I woke up-also really late at night. I remember screaming... And then it went away. I never saw it again. Sometimes they are just curious and want to take a peak. Sounds creepy I know. If it is not bothering you or being aggressive I wouldn't worry about it. If you start noticing things happening more or seeing any form of aggression or physical harm then I would try and talk to someone about it or do some research on the house. In my case, I slept with the lights on the rest of the night and since I am a religious person, prayed and said my rosary. My roommate who was actually up late studying didn't even notice my scream. I'm like thanks a lot! The following night I was so paranoid to sleep in my room but I did and nothing happened. Don't show it fear.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: