You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Dad Who Visited Me

Real Ghost Stories

The Dad Who Visited Me

 

My dad is a fisherman and he was gone fishing for four days, we were all really missing him.

When I went to bed that night, my mum told me to say a prayer that he comes home safely and doesn't get caught out at sea. So I did, and I don't get to sleep very fast so I was in my bed for hours. When I finally did get to sleep, about 3am I heard knocking coming from the front door, I wondered who it was, and straight away thought it was dad, but he weren't getting back until later on that day in the afternoon, so then I wondered if it was a robber, which made it more convincing because then I heard the handle on the door break off and fall on the floor. I was sooo scared because mom was a heavy sleeper, so I didn't know what to do. Then what made it really scary was that I heard the kettle boiling, which dad does when he comes in from work.

I heard footsteps coming up the creaking stairs because the floorboards are loose, my door was shut at the time, and I know I shut it because I heard my baby sister crying earlier so I slammed it shut. I could feel somebody getting closer and closer, but I couldn't think who it could be. At this point I honestly thought whoever was here, was coming to kill me because they were heading straight for my room.

My handle creeped slowly down and the gleaming light bursted in and I sat on my bed snuggled up to my pillows, sitting and staring. It was my dad in a wet muddy yellow raincoat, the type that fishermen wear. I'm sure it wasn't him because he didn't return the next day. He was late home and got the sack. But he has a new job now.

The next morning, my mom had a right go at me because there were mud footprints all around the house leading from the front door into the kitchen (where the kettle is) going up the stairs and into my bedroom. There were no footprints leading downstairs or anywhere else in the house. The screws and half the door lock and handle were on the floor when we woke up as well.

He is not with my mom anymore, they broke up. I will never forget my dad who I think is real. I need help understanding what I had experienced.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, liliton1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

watermoon (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-14)
I agree with everyone else it probably was an apparition or a doppelganger of your dad. This was a pretty interesting story to read.
glfc (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-11)
maybe it was his doppleganger trying to tell you that no matter what happens he will always love you. I wouldn't worry to much, he won't hurt you and I'm sure it didn't mean to scare you
KitsuneofIkana (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-30)
I'm also a bit confused on this to, I had to reread the story. So you saw a apparition of your alive father. Like Jennifer said maybe it was his doppelganger
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-15)
So you saw an apparition of your Dad who is alive, right? Sorry, I was a bit confused. It sounds like you saw his doppelganger.

Jennifer ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: