You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Hello, The Old Woman Said

Real Ghost Stories

Hello, The Old Woman Said

 

This isn't very scary when you read this but believe me, it freaked me out a lot at the time. It happened a few months ago sometime during the night. I was lying in bed trying to fall asleep when I heard a someone say "hello" right in my ear. It sounded like an old woman and there is no way it could have been my family as we have separate rooms and they were all sleeping. There weren't any old people in the house either. At first, I thought it was my imagination so I ignored it. But a few seconds later, the same whispery voice said "hello" again in my ear and a bit louder.

I remember hearing it VERY distintively so my eyes burst open, my heart raced as I felt myself get clammy and the hairs on the back of my neck literally went up but there was nothing. I was terrified. I didn't see this old woman but I know that I definetely heard a voice. Twice. I haven't heard anything since but it still sends shivers down my spine. I thought I should try to make contact but was too scared in case something scary happened. Such as hearing a reply or seeing this anomaly.

My Dad thought it was rubbish but I heard it and I still wonder what it was. You might think it was my imagination or a noise outside but the thing is, both times, I heard "hello" in a whispery voice just like an old womans' and I do believe my house is haunted. Sometimes I hear creaks outside my door - always at night so I'm still pretty scared.

Please comment and tell me your views on my situation. Any advice would much appreciated.

- Georgie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, georgie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

This comment from hardcoregeneral is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Fuchsia (5 stories) (64 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-03-10)
Hey georgie! I think she was trying to check if you can hear her, most ghosts do that. I guess she needs your help or something. I suggest you just pray for her. Although I can suggest you try saying hello back, some spirits are too timid to carry on a conversation. I'm sure she'll appreciate your prayers. Blessed be! ❤
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-20)
I believe you, Georgie. Too bad your dad doesn't. Sorry for that... Must be frustrating. Keep us posted if anything happens again. Next time just answer the voice..."I can hear you, but it's late...let's try and talk during the day"
😁
butthead (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-15)
might be as curious about you as you are about her.

Sounds like she wants your attention, or for you to acknowledge that she is around.

GhostHunter555 (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-15)
Try to ask what it wants. It might work if the ghost answers back.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-15)
The next time it occurs- say hello back. Rough guess- if a ghostie was trying to say hello- the polite thing would be to answer back.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: