You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Jane's Mum

Real Ghost Stories

Jane's Mum

 

This is my friend's story. She has given me permission to share it with you, but I have changed everyone's names.

Going back about 8 years to when we were 15, my friend Ellie used to hang around with a girl from her school named Jane. Jane's mother was very sensitive to spirits, she would often see "people who shouldn't be there". Jane's house was a hive of spiritual activity: often Jane's mother would be sitting watching the telly in the evenings, and different spirits would come to her and sit with her. Some of them were silent, some of them looked for comfort, and some would say things like "I'm just so lonely, please can I sit with you for a while?". Jane's mum is a very warm and kind individual, so of course she would sit and chat to them for as long as they needed.

Jane had always been open about her belief in ghosts and the paranormal, she used to say she had been tortured for years as a child by a massively tall African man, with broad shoulders and a Zimbabwean accent. He would stand at the end of her bed and tell her that he was going to kill her parents, and rape her and her sister. Jane would pull the covers over her ears, but he would just shout louder and louder, until she would scream for her mother. She didn't tell anyone why she was screaming until she turned 10, when she finally confessed to her mum about the scary man at the end of her bed. Jane slept in her mother's room that night, and when she came home from school the next day, her mother told her there would be no more problems with the scary man, and there weren't.

So back to the story: one night, Ellie and Jane were sat up in Jane's room. They were listening to music and had been smoking a sneaky cigarette out of Jane's window. They were sat on the floor facing each other, when Jane suddenly sat up straight and switched off the CD player, her eyes were wide with fear, and she was breathing heavily.

Ellie started to ask what was wrong, but Jane shook her head and said "Shhhh! Don't look, but there's something in the corner behind me. I don't think it wants us here." Well of course Ellie was terrified, she tried to ask what Jane was talking about, but Jane grabbed her wrist and said "There's a dark shadow in the corner behind me. We need to leave the room. DON'T stare at it."

Ellie couldn't help herself, as Jane was tugging her to her feet, she risked a glance into the corner of the room, and what she described to me was a black shape. She said it was like a shadow, but with no clearly defined edges, but it was also too dense to be described as mist. She felt her legs go numb and her stomach drop with fear, and she started screaming and got out of Jane's room as fast as she could. The girls ran downstairs, Ellie was in tears and asking Jane's mum to take her home. Jane seemed calmer, but was still breathing heavily and was clearly shaken up. She explained to her mum what had happened.

Jane's mother gave Ellie a big cuddle, and said "I will take you home sweetheart, but first let's deal with this nasty problem." She took both the girls by the hand and led them back upstairs. Ellie didn't want to go back in the bedroom, she was scared and crying, but Jane's mother said they all had to be strong and confident. She pulled the girls into Jane's bedroom, put her arms tight around them, and yelled at the corner of the room.

"How DARE you come into MY home and scare MY girls?! You don't BELONG here, you are NEVER welcome in my home or near ANY of my children or their friends! You will get OUT of my house, and NEVER come back, you hear me?! GET OUT!"

Ellie said she felt less frightened as Jane's mother took control, Jane's mother asked the girls to tell the shadow to leave too. Jane immediately shouted "GET OUT! GET OUT OF MY BEDROOM!" and Ellie managed to tell it to leave too, though not as forcefully as she was still crying.

Jane's mum said "Ok, so now we leave the room." and took the girls downstairs and made them a hot chocolate. After about 15 minutes, she went back upstairs and checked Jane's bedroom, the shadow was gone. Ellie said she didn't feel afraid any more after seeing how brave Jane's mum was, and she always felt safe in their house after that.

I have another story about Jane's mum that Ellie told me, but this one has been quite long, so I'll post it as a separate article. Thanks for taking the time to read Ellie's story, I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed hearing it.

Other hauntings by Worried_Brit_Chick

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Worried_Brit_Chick, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-10)
Its a sort of experience that I have never heard before. Such bravery regarding the ghost is quite unnatural and demands tears of experience.

Thanks for Sharing! 😊
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-03)
well I certainly wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of janes mother... That shadow person must have died of fright... If its possible to die twice...
jjinca (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-27)
Hey, WBC. Great story. Thank you for posting this. I was scared, too, for a minute there. Wish Jane's mom lived near me!
😆
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-24)
That was a great story! I really enjoyed reading it! I don't think I would have the guts to stand up to a negative spirit like that. I mean, maybe eventually, but not right off the bat like that!

Either way, I really enjoyed reading it, and I think you did a great job at telling it

Peace
JustCurious
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-21)
Hahahaha. Very well written and interesting. Thanks for sharing that. Kind of inspiring too
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-21)
Hahahaha. Very well written and interesting. Thanks for sharing that.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-20)
Hi WBC this story is a great example of how we should approach negative spirits like this. The majority of us would not have the guts to do such things but as you said Janes mum obviously has had a lot of experiences with this sort of thing. A lesson right there that we should all pay attention to. Great story keep them coming. 😊

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Worried_Brit_Chick (6 stories) (108 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-20)
Thanks guys, I'm glad you enjoyed reading this 😁

I've only met Jane's mum briefly a couple of times, but immediately found her very easy to love! She's very similar to my mum, loving and caring with the utmost patience, but with the ability to turn into a lioness in a split second to protect her cubs! She has helped so many lonely and confused spirits, and is a truly wonderful lady.

Thanks again for reading 😁 xxx
DCinAZ (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-19)
Hi wbc, I always love to read your stories, you have a way of putting me right there in the room with you, it's great. Jane's mum sounds like a pretty interesting woman, strong in her convictions and suffers no fools. Can't wait to read part 2. Thanks for bringing another well written story, it was a pleasure to read. 😊
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-17)
I enjoyed reading about Jane's mom very much. She sounds like a very sweet caring lady on one hand and kicks butt with the other. Jane's mom is pretty cool 😊 Can't wait to hear the other story. Thanks for sharing this with us. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: