You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Was It Really The Cat?

Real Ghost Stories

Was It Really The Cat?

 

Since I was a child, I have always been sensitive to either paranormal energy, spiritual energy, and very intuitive about things and emotions of others. I've even had dreams that have come true. Slowly I'm sharing a lot of my present and past experience... And future too, once they happen. Here is one from the past-When I was about 13, my younger sister had a slumber party and invited a lot of friends over. I for some reason decided to hang out with them. Anyway the basement of the house I grew up in (my mom still lives there) is a typical dark unfinished basement that we use for laundry or storage. I have never liked it and up to this day find it creepy.

Well my sister and her friends decided it would be fun to go down in the basement and do a seance. I of course joined in. My sister had invited all her school friends and also a girl from her ballet school who lived in another town nearby. Her father had died a few months after she was born and she never knew him. All her mother told her was he had served in WWII and immigrated from West Germany to the US in the 1960's. Her dad was a lot older than her mom. We decided this would be the perfect person to call. So we all sat in our creepy basement with all the lights turned off except for a flashlight that we put in the middle of our circle which gave an eerie lighting to the basement. We all held hands, closed our eyes, and this girl started calling for her dad. Well nothing happened and we figured nothing would... Then I opened my eyes and noticed that the light from the flashlight was shining right on the girls face and no one elses.

We stayed silent for a while when I heard a little bell sound coming closer to us. I smiled because I knew it was the cat because she had a bell on her collar. All of a sudden another girl screamed, "Something touched me!" I said it was the cat but everyone started screaming. Just then I looked at one of the walls and I saw this shadow swoop across the wall and then head through the wall towards the outside. Another girl yelled, "Did you see that! Did you see that!" All of us were still sitting in the circle so it was not any of our shadows and it was very distinct. I started screaming, got up and then I reached to turn the light on. We all ran upstairs in a mad stampede. My dad wondered what was going on and we told him. He told us not to mess around with things like that and said that the cat had been upstairs asleep the entire time.

We argued with him and said that we had heard her little bell. The cat was just sitting in the corner of the living room staring up at us not asleep. So I don't know if my dad just said that to scare us. After that our cat would run around crazy in the basement for no reason at all. She hated to be locked in there-and would scratch at the door and meow like crazy to let her back upstairs (her litter box was there as was her little bed). I would sneak her in my room and let her sleep in there. Then our basement wall started cracking really bad and water would seep in. Whether it was connected I don't know. Other weird things happened in that house. Most happened at night but I'll save those for another day. Maybe it was connected, maybe not. But what we did was creepy and I don't recommend doing something like that. I know we were young kids, but still, it's not a safe thing to do. Up to this day I don't know what the shadow was nor if it was really the cat who snuck up on us because we never physically saw her there.

It taught us all a lesson and we never did anything like that again. I still can't go in that basement without feeling creeped out. When I visit my mom, I'll only go down if I do my laundry...

Other hauntings by SoliK

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SoliK, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jitow (362 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-03)
I hate to hijack your post, but are we ever going to get any new stories. I would be glad to help you screen any stories before they are posted. Let me know.
DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-31)
I have to agree with TygerDall about the bell, I remember that being one of the things you'd ask for as confirmation of a spirit being there.
SoliK (13 stories) (44 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-30)
Hi...I haven't been around... Been on holiday with the family! Anyway thanks for the responses... Yes I admit what we did was dumb but we didn't know any better. Really taught us a lesson. We had cracks everywhere in that basement including were I saw the shadow. My mom's gotten it fix since and as of now they have not returned. I'm actually in the house right now and have not experienced anything except the temperature gage goes up and down on it's own but that might be an electrical thing. Thanks again.
raf9 (1 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-12-27)
What is a seance? Is'nt that one of those satanitc summoning things? 😕
TygerDall (2 stories) (29 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-22)
I heard that, back in the day, when everyone did seances, that a bell ringing was indicative of a spirit being there. I think a question was asked if the spirit could ring the bell to singnal it was there or something. It would make sense that you heard a bell during a seance. What a crazyscarycool experience! 😊
casuallyhaunted (4 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-19)
Wow, you were very brave as a child. Very admirable. 😊 So... The bell sound you heard, was it the same noise your cat's bell makes? And did the wall crack in the place the shadow seeped through?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: