You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Bombed Graveyard

Real Ghost Stories

Bombed Graveyard

 

My brother used to work in the bomb graveyard. He dug up bones, and then he sold them. My brother and his friend Ali were a team. They were both 10 years old when this happened.

They were working in the graveyard and had dug up at least 3kgs of bones. Adib (MY BROTHER) and Ali stopped to have lunch and have a drink. Adib never liked digging up bones; he said that he was scared if he would be haunted by the ghost of the people. After a while Ali and Adib needed to go to the bathroom, so they went into one of the buildings near the grave yard. Ali went first. Then Adib went in. As he was going to the toilet he felt a cold breeze, he said it made him shiver. And then he saw a large man standing before him. The man said "Why?" and disappeared. Adib screamed, pulled up his pants and ran outside. He told Ali what happened. Ali didn't believe him but when he got home and told us. I was sure he was telling the truth.

The next day Adib didn't want to go back to the grave yard. But my father had said that he had to. He kept digging up bones. He told me he heard voices and crying. But he only told me this part because he was worried that my dad would yell at him. So my brother went back every day and kept hearing voices. After 3 days my brother broke his arm falling over a rock.

And this time he never went back.

Other hauntings by LiLaki

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LiLaki, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

SashaMaraea (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-04)
textbud13
We don't give our dogs human bones.

I mean, I would be mad if my bones were disturbed. I wouldn't hesitate to scare the person who disturbed them. I reckon you need to be prepared before doing something as extreme as this. I think it's extreme but I do understand if it's a way of life, somehow.
FrenchKiwi (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-29)
Very good story. This story is one my favourites on this site.

Afghanistan is rich in history and has being a war zone throughout history. If you read the history of Afghanistan many empires and countries have tried to claim and conquer Afghanistan, such as the Persian Empire, Alexander the Great's empire, the Mongols, Mughals, the British Empire, the Soviets and today the Americans. Those bones your brother and his friend dug up could of possibly being of soldiers that were killed in one of those past conflicts. Digging up human remains is a bit like archeology were you dig up ancient remains and artifacts but at the same time, digging up those bones is actually grave robbing and a very disrespectful thing to do. The man that said "Why" and disappeared was probably one of those buried there and he was trying to ask why are you (Adib) digging up my grave. The man probably cursed your brother Adib when he broke his arm for digging up his grave and your brother Adib should have trusted his instincts before he went there and dug up those bones.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-28)
Maybe I'm hearing a lot of judgemental due to lack of expierience. People send their kids out to do the same kind of jobs they themselves are doing usually. In middle eastern countries antiguity is a hot commodity sold to westerners so easterners can eat. They go to internet cafe's there, it's like a library only with computers. Just make of it what you will.
fauji (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-30)
[at] textbud
Adib is pronounced as ad... Deeb and ali as al...lee
Hope that helped.
iSushi3000 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-07)
I'm pretty sure that the dug up bones are sold for to makes things like buttons ect.
Shadow_Tears (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-28)
Very interesting story:)

The bones are dug up, given to a bone broker who pays the diggers for the bones and then the bones are sold off probably for remedies and things like that.
sanjeevgeorge (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-24)
It is not at all surprising that ghosts were there.
And what were they doing with the bones?
textbud13 (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-29)
sorry I really don't mean 2 offened you with this I think your story was great but how is your brothers name pronused because it sounds looks cool and I see that your from Afghanistan but you can write it this say if it was dinosawur (forgot how 2 spell) you would go die-no-saw and I also want 2 know what makes the bones valurable and what are they used for because in NZ we use bones 2 give 2 dogs and think nothing off it
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-05)
Most of the time the spirits get upset if their resting place is disturbed. Most likely the spirits were upset after the bombing. I am wondering as well as the others, why dig bones anyway?
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-05)
Huh? Why digging up and Sell the bones I mean People who died and be bury is their resting place.
DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-04)
Lilaki, I guess there are lessons here. One of them would be to never send someone to do a job you're not willing to do yourself. I can't imagine having to send my child to do such a task, I know I wouldn't feel right doing it myself. So the only thing I can figure is that if it is so hard making ends meet that I would resort to having my son do a job like the one you describe then I might have to give up the computer and internet access first. Just my thoughts, make of them what you will.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-04)
It is not uncommon for someone's spirit to be upset if their remains are disturbed. I am also curious as to why the bones are being sold. I don't blame your brother for being scared. That doesn't seem like the most cheerful job to have.
watermoon (2 stories) (54 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-04)
maybe the spirts are sad and angry since their bones are being dug up and he selling their bones without asking them for permission even though they are dead. I would be angry as well if someone dug up my grave and took my bones.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-04)
I was curious about the bones as well. What are they used for?
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-04)
I'm curious, what kind of demand there is for human bones? Medicinal, Medical, or are they used for the occult?
Another question... Are you glad the Taliban are out of power, and content with the American presence in your homeland?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: