You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Trio And The Tall Man

Real Ghost Stories

The Trio And The Tall Man

 

In 2008 I started a new job where I met the man I recently married. While we were still dating, I would spend one or two nights a week at his place. I had had two prior ghostly encounters before meeting my husband, but neither was too disturbing in any way. However, that all changed after I met my boyfriend (husband).

The first night I spent with my boyfriend (husband) I woke up in the middle of the night. (I have never been able to sleep through an entire night, so this was not unusual for me.) When I woke up I was lying on my side facing the door. Right next to the door is a dresser which houses the TV. When my eyes were fully focused to the darkness of the room, I looked up towards the TV, and saw three figures hovering above it. Two of the figures were men, and one was a woman. The men were both wearing black suits, and the woman was wearing a long flowing blue gown. They seemed to be just watching us while we were sleeping, and I didn't feel any bad vibes coming from them. I have no idea as to who they were, why they were there, or what they wanted. (From the style of the clothing they were wearing they could have been from any time period) I watched them for a few more minutes, and then went back to sleep. I was somewhat frightened by them, but only due to the unknown aspects, not from anything they did. Had I known then that later on The Trio (what I now call them) would do me a HUGE favour; I probably would have tried to make contact with them!

A few nights later I was again at my boyfriends (husbands) house, and again found myself awake in the middle of the night. Seated on the bed at my right side was this really tall man, with long dark hair. I could not see any of his facial features, because it was dark in the room, and I was lying on my back looking up at him. I was not afraid at first, because for the past fifteen years I have dreamt of a man who takes me places in my dreams. He always appears to me in human form, but he never looks the same. Since I have only felt safe and secure with him, I have never been afraid of him.

Thinking the guy seated on the bed was my travel buddy I was really excited, because he had never come to me while I was awake before. I was excited about the thought of traveling somewhere while still awake! He put his hand out for me to take, and I took it! He indicated that he wanted me to follow him, by pointing towards one of the two closets in the room. (There are two closets in the room; both are on the same wall straight across from the bed. One is on the right side of the wall and one is on the left side of the wall.) He pointed at the one on the left. I was fully prepared to go with him, as I thought he was my friend in one of his many different forms. He slowly began to pull me into a sitting position, and for the first time I could see his face. I looked at his eyes and they were glowing red! This terrified me! This was not my friend! I truly thought I was looking at a demon, although until that night I never fully believed that demons even existed. I tried pulling away from him, but found that I could not. So using my free hand I tried waking up my boyfriend (husband), but nothing I did would wake him up. I even punched him at one point, but he still would not wake up!

As I was trying to free myself from this creatures grasp, and trying to wake up my boyfriend (husband) I saw the same figures (I now call them The Trio) as mentioned before walk out of the closet on the right side of the wall, pass by the bed, and go through the wall that leads to the small in-law suite attached to the house. (My boyfriends (husbands) mother resides there. It gives her the privacy of being on her own, while keeping her close enough in case she needs anything.)

I continued in vain to try and free myself, or wake up my boyfriend (husband) so he could help free me for about five more minutes, and then the Trio came back through the wall. When they saw the guy (demon...whatever the heck he was) was still there, they stopped by my boyfriends (husbands) side of the bed, and told him to leave. To my amazement, he listened to them. He got up kicking and stomping like a child having a temper tantrum, and left through the closet on the left side of the wall. It was kind of funny to see what appeared to be a fully grown man act that way, BUT I was so relieved that he left. Because whatever he was, I doubt he was a man.

Then (The Trio) made their way towards the closet on the right, and as they were walking through it, I thanked them! Then I tried to awaken my boyfriend (husband) again, and this time he woke up! Surprisingly easily! I told him what had happened, and then I made him stay awake until I fell back to sleep.

Other hauntings by Coyote42Dances

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Coyote42Dances, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Coyote42Dances (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-14)
Shamby, I just assumed that the tall man (demon or whatever he was) was my travel buddy, because he wanted me to go somewhere with him. After looking into his eyes, I realized that there was no way it could have been him. My travel buddy has never caused me to fear him, so whatever I saw that night couldn't have been him. I've only been able to astral project (or whatever you call it... Maybe its just all dreams) while asleep. I don't think that I can do it while awake. Although that night I was willing to try until I discerned that the man I was seeing couldn't have been my friend, because he has never frightened me, and whatever I saw that night did.
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-12)
That's a pretty intense experience! Your stories are fantastic. And being new to the paranormal is something you will always feel (I think so anyway) because its constantly surprising and can be very unpredictable (unless its residual). Plus you never know when it's about to happen. I would like to know more about your traveling buddy, he sounds interesting since he has come to you while you were awake as well. Thank you for sharing and please keep posting!
Coyote42Dances (2 stories) (12 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-08)
Thank you for your comments and advice Miracles and Badjuujuu! 😊 I had read many things about Shadow Men (some quite scary), but my experience with one didn't feel ominous it just left me feeling curious. I didn't think that I had any reason to be afraid, but its nice to get reassurance from others who are more experienced. 😊
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
What Miracles said. 😁
Also, one theory on shadow men is that they are ghosts who don't have enough energy to fully manifest. All they can manage with their energy level is a shadow form.
You will get different opinions on these guys from different people. Some will say shadow men are good, some will say neutral, some will say evil. Since I believe them to be low energy ghosts, I will give my opinion on the nature of shadow men as this- depends on their nature when they were alive. Ghosts retain the personality they had in life. Some will be nice, some will be jerks. Your shadow man doesn't sound like a bad sort at all, just seeing what you were doing.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
Coyote - before you get a lot of negative opinions on your shadow man, I want to chime in here and tell you that I wouldn't be worried about him if I were you. If he was evil, you would have immediately felt that, I guarantee it.

I have a story posted on here about a shadow man in our home. I also had one who looked over my should when I was typing on the computer 😊 You're more than like going to get a lot of different reactions from people, but if your gut instinct is telling you not to be afraid, I would go with your gut.
Coyote42Dances (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
Until I had met my husband, I had had only two types of prior experiences. Neither was terribly disturbing. I am going to recount them just so you can see how much of a novice I am on the subject.

The 1st experience I ever had was when I was 17 and it involved 3 amber colored orbs. I awoke one night and saw them by my bed. They were all in a line and each one would take a turn zooming towards my face, zooming back to their place in line, excitedly circle the other 2, go back to their place, and then the next in line would do the exact same thing. From them I felt curiosity, so I was not afraid.

The second experience (actually several, but all of the same thing) I had was when my son was about 7 and we were staying with my parents until we could move into our own place. I would walk past the livingroom see him playing in there, and say how are you doing or something close to that.

As I'd go a little further away I would realize that my son never answered. So I would go back to see why, only to find the room empty. I would then find my son out back with my mom or dad. There were only 2 doors leading outside, and my son would have had to pass by me in order to exit either one of them. Plus my parents would swear he was with them the entire time.

It was only after I found my son that I would realize that the boy I saw looked different from my son. My sons hair was darker and shorter. This happened several times, but it never scared me, as I never knew I was seeing a ghost until well after the encounter. So before I met my husband, I had limited exposure to the paranormal, and this is all new to me.

Thank you all for your posts, being relatively new to all of this I can use all of the advice I can get. Yes, I agree with the closets representing the good and bad. I saw what I'd call good enter/exit one way, and what I'd call bad exit the opposite way.

When I asked my husband why he wouldn't wake up he suggested that maybe he was under some sort of spell and couldn't. I can't argue with that as it does sound reasonable.

I asked my husband if he knew who The Trio
Was, but since he didn't see them himself he couldn't be too sure. Yes, my husband is sensitive to the paranormal. He claims that before he met me that he was constantly harrassed by spirits asking for his help. He said that he had to ask them to leave him alone, because it started affecting his everyday life.

I can't ask his mother because she freaks out and wants to call a priest anytime anything strange occurs. My husband has a thing about people being in our home, when one of us isn't present. My mother-in-law gets communion every saturday afternoon, and that's when she'd want to have him bless both places.

My husband and I both work saturdays, so no one would be there to let him in and out. However, one saturday I had a rare day off, and did have the place blessed then. At that point in time things were getting very active in the house, with other sightings... Not The Trio or the Tall Man.

After the place was blessed, the very next day in fact, my husband and I both saw a ghost cat! On the plus side though was that some holy water accidently fell into our cats water dish and for two weeks all four of them were little angels!

I haven't seen The Trio or the Tall Man since the time I wrote about in my story, but many things have occured since then. In fact something happened two weeks ago that has me guessing.

I was home alone because my husband had the night shift that week, and I was on days. I was making a salad for my dinner (Husband wasn't home and I didn't feel like cooking) when suddenly I felt someone come stand behind me. It didn't feel cold but rather warm as though a living person was standing behind me.

I turned to look and was face to face with a shadow man. He seemed to be looking over my shoulder at what I was doing. I looked at him for a few seconds and then he slowly disolved. I could see features, but he was so dark I couldn't make any of them out. He was only a few inches taller than me (I am only 5 feet tall) so I don't think he was the same guy from my story. Does anyone know what this shadow man is, and if I should be afraid of him? I wasn't afraid just really curious as to who he was and what he wanted.

Thank you Miracles, Badjuujuu, Cosmogal, Spoonman and Reggie for your advice and comments! 😊
Reggieaz20 (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-05)
I have to agree with Miracle and BJJ and say maybe the two closet represented good and bad. And My theory on the Trio is that they are your husband, mother-in-law and your guardian angle. Looking after you all you guys, and they first night they were looking over you to protect you and as said before admired your fighting spirit to try fend of the Tall Man. And when they came back they saw you needed some help. But I don't know those are just my theories on the trio, out of curiosity have you ever seen them agian?
SpoonMan (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-05)
The tall man sounds frightening. What an experience. Maybe he is a demon and the trio are angels? Who knows?
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-05)
Very interesting story. I was thinking the same thing as BadJuuJuu that this Trio are the guardians or protectors of the house. That tall entity with the long hair and red eyes was pretty creepy, and I am so glad he didn't get the chance to take you into that closet. I am also in agreement with Miracles about the closets representing the bad and the good. Thank you for sharing this amazing account. Take Care 😊 ❤
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-05)
Lol I got your back, Miracles. Between the two of us, we may just find a way to say what we want.
Viva la coffee btw. I'm on my second mug. 😁
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-01-05)
BadJuuJuu - that was the point I was trying to get across about The Trio "checking" on the mother-in-law. Thank you for putting it into words that I couldn't find this morning.

Head of Household: make sure she's okay first: check. THEN help out the girlfriend.

Next time I decide to comment on a story, I need to make sure I've had enough coffee in me 😆.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-05)
To me, it sounds like the Trio are guardians of the home, probably relatives of your husband who have passed. They went to check on the "official" member of the family, then came back to help you out. Maybe they were testing you a bit, and liked your fighting spirit. I think your courage in not giving in to the red eyed man earned the respect of the Trio.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-05)
Coyotes42dances - loved your story. Couple of things came to mind after reading it. You indicated you met The Trio after you met your husband, which was when you started a new job, and you moved into a new home (to you). So there are three (hey Loonies, "3s") new things here that could play into the how and why you met them.

Is your husband sensitive to the "ghostly" world? Or your mother-in-law? They could be attached to your home, protectors of sorts. You could have "picked" them up at your new job. There are many different things that could have happened that brought them to you. Then again, it could just be that they were only there to protect you from the Tall Man. Regardless of the why or how they got there, The Trio definitely saved you that night. From what, I don't know. But again, it's my opinion.

The two doors, again in my opinion, represented the "bad" and the "good." I'm sure you have thought that yourself. I find it telling, in a way, that they "checked" on your mother-in-law, though, before coming to make him leave. Seems almost as if this is a "normal" routine with these 4. He tries to do his scary thing; they make him mind.

As for your husband being under a "spell" of sorts. There are stories throughout the years that talk about this. Maybe he wasn't meant to help you in anyway. That's what they were for.

Have you talked to your mother-in-law about this? I'm curious if she's ever experienced them. Whether in that same house or anywhere else.

I almost forgot. Have you seen The Trio or the Tall Man since this happened?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: