You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Inn

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Inn

 

About 3 years ago I worked at this little Inn called the Bogan Villa. It has been there since I can remember and has had many different owners over time. The place is more so now a local spot for older women in the community to come and play their vlt machines. This place always gave me the creeps from the moment I had my first interview there. I usually worked alone and the Inn was usually pretty empty, a few rooms rented here and there.

One night as I was sitting there I had seen a light come on from the switchboard phone, which meant someone in that room had picked up their phone. But knowing that this room that was near the back of the hotel was empty I had not checked anyone into that room that night. I didn't pay it much mind at the time, just went about cashing the vlt tickets for the old ladies that were playing that night. I then started taking notice that it would happen more often and in more than one room over the full year I worked there.

A few days later I had mentioned it to the overnight front desk agent Jerry. Jerry told me in an old man calm kind of way to just not pay it any mind. He also told me a story about the 2 big doors leading into the bar one night slammed shut then started rattling. These doors are hooked to the wall and do not just unlock and shut themselves. I will add that walking through those doors into the lounge area had a feeling like someone was always watching you. I was curious then. I started asking questions about anything else that happened and a few of the house keepers had told me in the kitchen, behind the bar cups and saucers would fly off the shelves for no reason. They then told me before I had even mentioned to them my experience of the switchboard lights coming on that sometimes when they walk in to unrented rooms to do their daily rounds TV's will be turned on full blast and phones will be off the hook. They refer to whatever is doing these things as Mr.B.

Supposedly Mr. B use to work there years and years ago and was shot outside in the parking lot and was pretty quiet with a few things happening here and there until the new owners started serious renovations on the building. I haven't been to the Inn since I left but curiosity is getting to me and I would love to spend a night there and see what I can experience.

Any good ideas of what I should do to stir things up a bit (keeping in mind I would like to still show whoever this is the upmost respect possible)

Other hauntings by jzinck

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jzinck, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
jzink--Determine if your hesitation is a personal fear of the unknown or an instinct that evil lurks. Oh yes, and not only do not go alone, but tell a third person where you will be. Spiritually protect yourselves in advance, and unlike most ghost hunters, do not forget the words "please" and "thank you." May the forces of good be with you. ~ James
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
To add on to BJJ's suggestion of taking a recorder for EVP's, you might also set up video cameras to see if you can capture any images.
And yeah, bring extra supplies, such as batteries, because they tend to go pretty quick in places such as these.

I always like hearing about haunted places, so your story was interesting to me. Thank you for sharing it with us, and I hope you get some answers.

Au Revior. 😊 ❤
jzinck (4 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
Ouiji boards I have never touched one, nor will I,even though I enjoy reading the stories, they interest me and the curiousity behind them almost eats at me, but whenever I get the "urge" I just think of my 19month old son who I do not want to put in harms way or myself for that matter. I have done an EVP one time in a graveyard. We actually caught a voice as we were leaving near the end of the tape saying " FIND ME" that sounded like a child. So that would be interesting... I left the tape with my sister who has now lost it. But I think I wll give the EVP a shot next time. I've wanted to do some more ghost hunting for a while now but I can't shake the feeling that whatever comes next isn't going to be good... Which has kept me very distant from even talking about the spiritual world for a long time.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
EVPs are a thought. Take a voice recorder, announce why you are there and that you would like to communicate if the ghost is willing. Ask some questions, wait a few minutes between questions to give him time to answer. This is about as respectful and unobtrusive way I can think of for you to talk to him.
And bring extra batteries for the recorder. Batteries don't always last long in haunted places. 😊
SpoonMan (1 stories) (14 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
I don't recommend it, but a ouija board could do the trick. I wouldn't do it though.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: