You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Face at the Window

Real Ghost Stories

The Face at the Window

 

This is my second story on this site, hello to everyone, I am riya. This story took place when I was visiting my aunt alone in new jersey, USA. My aunt used to tell me stories, when I was little, that her house was a big haunted mansion. I used to get scared but I hadn't ever believed her. Until something actually happened to me!

The day I entered the house for the first time, everything felt weird! I felt as if someone was looking at me through the windows of the guest room. I used to get goose bumps, as I took baby steps toward the window on the wall. But as I opened it, I used to see a blonde girl running in the backyard. This continued until one day I went to my aunt and told her my experience. She said that 14 years ago, this house belonged to a young couple and their five year old girl. I asked her if the girl was blonde. At that, she took me to a closet in the attic, and showed me a photo of that family. And yes! The girl was blonde. I figured out that the girl I saw was the same as in the photo.

The next day at night, my window was opened. I saw a girl staring at me from the window, and it obviously was the blonde girl. But then, suddenly, I saw that her eyes were totally black (I mean that she didn't have the white part a person usually has) she started to come to me, and I totally freaked out! I realized she wasn't a good spirit, but a bad one, I started shouting for my aunt, and looked toward the door, and as I turned my face, I was just 1 cm away from the blonde girl's face! I started to back off and ran to my aunt's room, and guess what! My aunt was sound asleep, but that girl was lying down dead next to my aunt! I woke me aunt up and she also saw he girl dead, it was 5 am, suddenly the girl got up and says "you're dead" to me. I got really scared, but after that day, the girl never returned!

From that incident (I was 10 at that time) until now (now I'm 12), I believe in ghosts and spirits, demons, etc. But I still can't figure out why that girl told me that I was dead, when she didn't put her words into action until now!

PS: if anyone would like to comment or tell me their views about why she said those words, please go ahead, because I'm really confused even now.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, riya sharma, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

melony_san (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-08)
that is soo sary! Even the slightest sound in the dark makes me freeze, but I cm away from a black eyed dead girl?! Omg... If I were you I'd faint... 😨
lydia07 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-08)
Maybe she said your dead because she wanted to kill you that day but she never succided because maybe she thought you would stay and let her kill you but you didn't and you stuck up for yourself maybe one day she will come back, but I doubt it
Kahla (3 stories) (5 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-03)
wow. Sounds like you had a heck of an experiance. There may be many reasons that she said'you're ', like she thought that you were someone else, like someone who looked like you. There's a saying that somewhere in the world there is someone who looks like them(like a twin).
bjriis (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-31)
Hi. I'm 12 too. The way I look at it, there are many possibilities. First, did she say it angrily, or calmly? Two, what did you do after she said 'youre dead', And thirdly, Do you remember it clearly? If there are any details, Please tell me. I find this fascinating, and will help you figure this out!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: