You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Sinister Sleep Paralysis?

Real Ghost Stories

Sinister Sleep Paralysis?

 

Lately for a little over a year now I've been experiencing strange things. I'm the only one out of my family of eight who's ever experienced it, and I'm pretty sure everyone else thinks I'm nuts.

While I'm asleep, out of nowhere, I get this overwhelming fear and terrorizing pressure that either starts in my legs and moves to my chest and arms, or starts in my chest and moves to the rest of my body. I can't move, talk, or open my eyes. The feeling of fear/terror I get is indescribable, but it's like the fear isn't coming from me but from the pressure, as if something is trying to put fear into me, and it works. I just don't know how else to describe it. Then, when I begin to pray to God for help (I'm a Christian) the feeling of fear intensifies even more so I just stop praying. Then the feeling eventually lifts off.

The most recent event was last night. It felt as though someone was picking at my blanket like they were going to pull it off. I got the courage to ask, in my head of course since I couldn't speak, "Who are you! State you name!" Again the feeling of fear intensified. I thought I might have heard something respond, but it sounded so very faint, maybe I imagined it.

I highly doubt its Sleep Paralysis since when I prayed to my Lord Jesus Christ for aid the terror and pressure dramatically increased an unbearable amount. I'm so sick of it. I a lot of other people have similar experiences, so how do you deal with it?

Other hauntings by vmolina9025

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, vmolina9025, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

TalonWalt (3 stories) (69 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-30)
I think it's Sleep Paralysis, as well. I've suffered from this since I was 17. I rarely ever hallucinate while in this state. In fact, I've only hallucinated 3 times. Most of the time I just wake up, realize what's happening, and fight myself awake. And don't hear or see anything strange. One of my hallucinations was scary. One was weird. One was mundane. I'll tell you of the mundane one, because this one offers real proof that it was just a hallucination. One morning I woke up, realized I was experiencing Sleep Paralysis, and fought myself awake. I then got up, went to the bathroom, washed my hands, fed my cat's, gave them clean water, changed thier litter box, washed my hands again, poured myself a soda, and sat down. Only to find myself still in the Sleep Paralysis state. All of the stuff I did was a hallucination, that felt 100 percent real. I then fought myself awake the seoond time, only this time I really woke up. My bed wasn't wet, none of my cat's things were done, and there was no glass of soda in sight. It was all a hallucination. Now maybe your experience could be something else, I don't know everything. I just wanted to let you know how real a hallucination can feel.
vmolina9025 (4 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-15)
Maybe, it increased after I began to grow spiritually closer to God.
luna17 (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-12)
I think it's sleep paralysis, I've been suffering from the same thing since I was 7 years old. It's been 17 years now and the only way I can avoid it is by sleeping on my stomach. There are few times I forget and when I feel it coming I focus on moving my fingers and toes, it may take a couple of seconds and an extreme effort but it goes away. After you have fallen asleep then you will be fine no matter in which position you wake up, the key is the position you fall asleep.

When you feel the sheets getting lighter, or the ringing in your ears loud like you've never heard before it's because you let it get too far. Praying will make you feel more comfortable, but it's not enough (in my opinion) you have to try to move like your lips or fingers cause if you try to move your arms, legs, or head it will be extremely difficult and the fear will get stronger. Don't give up moving your fingers, in some instances it will feel like you have moved your fingers, but if you're still in the trance keep trying it will eventually stop, but that it will go away I don't think so. Also check online about REM and SP, this will help you understand that it's not an evil entity. In my case it's still scary because of the feeling of not being in control of my own body. But I don't feel the fear of something evil anymore.

There are lots of people who have suffered SP sometime in their lives, but few suffer this on a daily basis, last time I slept on my back was 8 years ago, this is my way of avoiding it. I hope that helps you, good luck! 😊
Warrior_Troy (42 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-12)
Did you know that the kind of life that we live can attract the attention of demons!? The bible tells us to rid ourselves (talking to the born again Christian of course) of evil practices.
(Col 3:5) So kill (deaden, deprive of power) the evil desire lurking in your members [those animal impulses and all that is earthly in you that is employed in sin]: sexual vice, impurity, sensual appetites, unholy desires, and all greed and covetousness, for that is idolatry (the deifying of self and other created things instead of God).

(Col 3:6) It is on account of these [very sins] that the [holy] anger of God is ever coming upon the sons of disobedience (those who are obstinately opposed to the divine will),

(Col 3:7) Among whom you also once walked, when you were living in and addicted to [such practices].

(Col 3:8) But now put away and rid yourselves [completely] of all these things: anger, rage, bad feeling toward others, curses and slander, and foulmouthed abuse and shameful utterances from your lips!

(Col 3:9) Do not lie to one another, for you have stripped off the old (unregenerate) self with its evil practices,

(Col 3:10) And have clothed yourselves with the new [spiritual self], which is [ever in the process of being] renewed and remolded into [fuller and more perfect knowledge upon] knowledge after the image (the likeness) of Him Who created it. [Gen. 1:26.]

When Christ cleans our life out and covers us in His blood, the devil no longer has legal ground to touch you. Whenever we practice sin in our lives, that is an open invitation for demonic spirits to come and harass us.

Don't take my word but read your bible!
envolga (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-11)
What Warrior_Troy said, but I'm much different. (and meaner so I admit XD)
"In the name of Jesus Christ leave me alone and get out of this house and NEVER EVER SET YOUR SORRY BUTT IN MY HOUSE AGAIN!" that's what I would say...
Warrior_Troy (42 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-11)
If you are truly a born again Christian then this demon that is confronting you is a trespasser. People use the term Christian very loosely so I don't really no what you mean that you are a Christian. You have to learn spiritual warefare and how to fight. (Eph 6:10) Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

(Eph 6:11) Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

(Eph 6:12) For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Learn how to put on the Armour and speak out loud and say "I REBUKE YOU IN THE NAME OF JESUS!" Repent of any sin in your life and that will give you the authority to rebuke it. Ask the Lord Jesus to cover you in his blood before you go to sleep at night.

Read your bible and believe it's promises for your life.
snowhite (203 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-11)
I think it is smothing evil to test your faith to God. Do you think so?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: