You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Grandad's Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandad's Ghost?

 

My name is Jenny and I am 20 years old, I have been on this site for a while now but this is my first post. I have wanted to share this for a while now!

When I was little my Nan used to live in a 3 bedroom house in a village in Wiltshire with my grandad where I used to stay a lot. My grandad died when I was one and 10 days before my sister was born.

My grandad had a routine every morning in that he would get up at 5.30am, walk downstairs and put the kettle on, go back upstairs and go to the loo and then go back down to make him and my nan a cup of tea.

In the years after my grandad died we all noticed footsteps at 5.30 am the kettle going on and the loo flushing. We all thought it was my nan but she was in bed asleep at the time.

My nan has now moved out of that house and lives in a bungalow and no one has experienced anything in the bungalow!

Do you all think it was the ghost of my grandad?

I have one more experience to share regarding the current house I am living in with my husband but it all happens while he is away, but I will just publish this one for now.

Thank you for taking the time to read my story and I hope you all enjoy it!

Jenny:D

Other hauntings by Codd2712

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Codd2712, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
Hi Codd2712. Thank you for sharing your story. I agree with BadJuuJuu in saying it was/is a residual haunting. With a residual haunting, even if you were to tear down the house and rebuild, the residual haunting would still be there. I wonder if there is a way to erase it? Like how you can erase things on tape. I don't think residual hauntings can just happen anywhere. I believe that there would, more than likely, have to be Quartz, Limestone, and/or Magnetite deposits on/in the land/property, to cause a residual haunting to happen. This is the theory anyway.

SHELBY 😊
Codd2712 (2 stories) (15 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
Hi BadJuuJuu and blue_raven, Thank you for responding to my story. I'm glad I now know what it was. I'm happy to also know that my Grandad has moved on. I can be happy in the kowledge that he has passed and his spirit has not stayed in the old houde:D
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-12)
Codd2712,

I don't think that it is your granddad's ghost but more of the residual part while he was still alive. You don't have to worry about it.

❤
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-12)
Hello and thanks for a good read. 😁
What you describe is a residual haunting. The theory behind residuals is this- a person repeated the same actions enough that they left an imprint on the environment. When you walk the same route every day, you will wear a path in the ground that is visible to all. Same principle with a residual haunting. The person's actions wore a type of psychic path in the environment. Their actions continue to replay themselves.
In these kind of hauntings, no true ghost is present. It's simply actions replaying like a video tape. The person's consciousness has already moved on.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: