You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: An Accident And A Message

Real Ghost Stories

An Accident And A Message

 

I know this site isn't about dream interpretation but I don't feel like these are just dreams. There are real people involved.

A little background information before I begin:

In August two boys from my graduating class were killed in a drunk driving accident. The driver of their car was drunk and speeding and crashed into a telephone pole, snapping it in half. Ra and D, the two passengers died on the crash location, the driver lived.

I grew up in a small town, everyone knows everyone. So I knew these guys from the age of three or so. D's parents were friends with my step dad, and we used to play together when we were little. His girlfriend for the last two years of his life (he died the day before he turned 19) lived down the street from me and we road the same bus. D and I were never close in high school but we certainly knew each other.

This story has hardly anything to do with Ra, this is mostly about D.

I was away at school when I heard of D's death. It was really hard on me because I couldn't leave and go to the funeral with my classmates and family. A few weeks later, I was visiting home and sleeping in my room. My room has been a hotspot in my house for activity. I have a hard time sleeping in my bedroom and often leave the bathroom light on. Upon falling asleep, D's face appeared in a dream. He was very upset and we were walking through a strange place with large undistinguishable brick buildings. He told me he wasn't dead, that they'd made a mistake. He kept getting more and more upset repeating that he wasn't dead. I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. My room felt weird and it's not like me to not sleep.

A month or so past and I was back at school again. I was up late one night on facebook like most college kids. When I decided to go to sleep I had a really hard time falling asleep. Once I did, it felt like something was pushing on my chest and I couldn't move, like the episode that happened in my story A Strange Experience While Sick. This is the only time that has happened to me. I saw D again, most of it was fuzzy, but I felt like he was trying to tell me something. I kept pushing off the dreams as just dreams, not meaning anything and I was pretty much over grieving and had come to terms with the fact that I'd never see him again. This happened in late November, early December.

Last week I had another dream. This one I was driving with another friend from high school and we came to where the accident happened. There was no car, there was only D lying on the ground, and he looked okay. I sat down next to him and we talked. He told me everything was okay, that I was a good person, that he was okay and not to worry. Then as he got up and left, an old man came and said that he was alright now. I woke up worried though. The next night a cup from the kitchen counter fell onto the floor and it had been sitting where nothing could have simply knocked it off, it was set far back from the edge.

I've never had sleep paralysis, I've never had prophetic dreams or visions of any kind. But I feel like something is going on and I need to tell someone. I've talked to my boyfriend, who doesn't know what to do and who doesn't know D and to my mom who thinks its just grief. But I've come to terms with his death and for weeks and weeks after the accident and funeral I was fine. I've heard that spirits have no concept of time and I've read that some do come through dreams. But D and I didn't know each other that well, so why would he come to me? He didn't know of my fascination with the paranormal or that I'd had experiences. I feel like he has been trying to tell me something but I don't know what, especially since that some of the dreams have conflicting messages. I'm open to any suggestions, thank you for reading.

Other hauntings by shamby

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shamby, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-11)
he was killed on impact. Nothing could have been done to save him
TinAA (1 stories) (84 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-16)
Hi...:) Nice to read your story...
Well after going through the first dream you had about D I think some mistake has happened by the person or Doctor who declared him AS "DEAD",because may be while declaring him as dead, he would have been alive and if doctors would have done some efforts he would have survived. And this is what D was trying to let you know... Atleast I have come to this conclusion after thinking about this story.
TiNA 😊
LuZhong (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-18)
At night I have those experience too. But I feel bad for those two. Maybe they wasn't ready or didn't want to die yet. Its pretty sad. Maybe you were thinking too much about them and you cared for 'D' so he appeared in your dream. Thanks for sharing. Really sad.
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-18)
granny: I found it strange that D came to me because we were never close. I do not consider myself sensitive (guess I was wrong) and no one (that I know of) has been visited by D. Except me. I really don't think the old man was a family member... It just doesn't fit. In the last dream I noticed that even though I was with many people, it seemed as though I was the only one who could see the old man. Guardian fit more but I don't know.

Cosmogal: I plan on visiting his grave soon. I haven't been home long enough to do so. I do need to say a real goodbye, even though I have gotten over the grieving period and come to terms with his death, I still need to say a real goodbye.

I really enjoy reading both of your posts and thank you for taking time to read and respond to my stories!
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-18)
I am also going to agree with the other posters here. I would also like to add that maybe a visit to his grave for a formal good bye will help put you at ease. Also lighting a candle and saying a prayer for D is said help to ease the spirit. I believe you are correct in thinking that Ra crossed over without a problem. D seemed to be struggling with the fact and wanted to make one last connection before crossing over. This was definitely a tragic event, and I hope they are resting in peace. ❤
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-01-18)
shamby: I have to agree with my Loonie friends...I, too, have been visited in my dreams by passed love ones, though not from mere aquaintances, so I think he came to you because of your abilities... I think the old man may have been a relative of his, or his guardian, letting you know he'll be fine from here on out...

He probably has passed to the light, and it's possible, like BJJ says, he's come back to thank you...

Thank you for sharing... ❤
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-17)
BJJ:
Always wonderful to hear from you! I have not dreamed of D since. Not yet anyway. The dreams always take me by surprise. I talked to a friend from home recently (she is also interested in the paranormal and far more sensitive than I am) she thinks that since in school I was nice to everyone that has something to do with it. I wasn't one known for having enemies or any of the like and generally got along with everyone. But I found it odd that Ra didn't come to me but D did? That has been bothering me. Hopefully Ra crossed over immediately.

I also agree with the beacon theory. It would make sense, but I've never thought I was all that sensitive. I'd always thought that it ran in families too, a friend of mine knows she got it from her great grandmother. But no one in my biological family is. Makes no sense to me... But I guess that's why they call it the paranormal...

Darkness: Thanks for your opinions... I was thinking along the same lines. I do wish I could have gone to the funeral, gotten to say goodbye to him with the rest of my classmates. Many of us went home to see him one last time.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-17)
I am in agreement with BJJ here, I was also thinking although you mentioned you have gotten past the grief and have accepted his death maybe deep down you still wished to have been able to say goodbye to him, this could also play some roll in the dreams.

Your open mindedness to the spiritual world does also seem to attract these occurences as BJJ mentioned, I myself have been visited by passed relatives in dream form, I believe they do it that way sometimes as to not frighten us perhaps!😕 I do believe that he has crossed over now and is at peace. All the best to you.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-17)
Morning Shamby. Interesting and complicated account you have here.
It sounds to me as if D didn't realize he was dead, and was hoping that you could somehow fix the mistake of him being dead. Even though you didn't know each other that well, and he didn't know of your interest in the paranormal, you did know each other. I have this theory that people who are sensitive stand out to ghosts, a sort of beacon. You were not only a beacon to D, but a familiar face as well. He felt comfortable with you, so he came to you.
The dream where the two of you talked, and he said he was ok, then the old man told you D was alright now, sounds like D has realized he is dead. Have you dreamed of him since then?
He may not be quite ready to cross over yet. To be honest, I get the impression that he may be reluctant to leave you. You became his first friend after his death, he may be trying to find some way to thank you for listening to him when no one else could. I think once he feels that you know you have helped him, he will be willing to cross over.
I hope that made sense, haven't had my coffee yet. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: