You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My House Is The Nest

Real Ghost Stories

My House Is The Nest

 

Before we start, I do not believe in ghosts, nor can I be convinced, these stories are 100% true.

It all started at age 2. I always was super sensitive to things, and took notice to the world around me. I have an eidetic memory, that's what I believe it's called. My first encounter, I was sound asleep in our living room when my 4 year-old Big brother Chris shook me awake with a frantic voice and wild look. He barely stammered out, "she's singing to me." I listened closely. I heard this from our basement. "I'm going to get you", over and over. All my brother heard was humming.

Age 5 I really thought these things were starting to mock me. My cat and I were on the couch at 2am and I saw a humanoid shadow dance its way across our living room, and another time, at 6 I was terrified of demons, and out of the corner of my eye I saw a reddish figure mourning in my rooms' corner. It really only started up when I told my parents, she said it was normal but I protested. No one believed me, only was I listened to when the elderly couple next door accused us, our quiet family, of screaming out in early morning.

I was 11 when I went to go get something I was so focused on in the back-corner closet of our basement. I said a little Prayer, and headed back. As soon as I opened the door, I froze. Red hollowed out eyes stared at me; this woman appeared to be similar to what people portray the Virgin Mary as. She reached out for me with an odd smile, and I darted.

Again... Another time, I was 12 and my brother wanted to go to the store, it was 12am, and a shadow started to follow us. When I pointed it out to him, it vanished into the night.

Just this weekend, I went away onto a Youth Retreat to an amazing camp. My friends and I were walking to a game we had planned, and I stared into the blackness of the forest. Red eyes just stared back, then revealed itself into the light as a hooded figure, then turned away. Some people think it's a gift to be in contact with "ghosts" I think it's a curse.

Other hauntings by ILuvMyhorse

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ILuvMyhorse, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ILuvMyhorse (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
Sorry I haven't been on!
Codd2712-
My brother was scared a lot, when he got scared the only way to be together was camp out in the livng room, my mom was there too, just crashed.

Stacey87-
1) I can't explain I'm sorry.
2) read codds response:)
3) my brother and I often leave when we're bored. We do all nighters during the summer.

Lazria-
I'm sorry it's hard to explain, putting the word ghosts in there was my way of refering to whatever these are. I'm sure a few were my vivid imagination, but when I feel or hear thing, I'm convinced, I usually remember from fright.

Shamby-
I wouldn;t like to argue. I was camping out with my brother again, and we told eacother scary stories, my age was 8 my brother 10. He remembers more than I do, I wouldn't lie to get a rise out of people. I remember, and everytime I step in that spot, I get deja vu.

KimSouthO-
1) I'm sorry I can't explain, I may have been 3 or 3 and a half, I can state my exact age. I don't remember 2 was the closest number I guess.
2) I believe demons can fool us into believing in "ghosts"
3) a few friends called me lucky, but in reality, I want to pee my pants. (:

Watermoon-
I'm a christian. I believe what I read in the bible, sorry if that's not accurate enough:)

Trix-
I wanted some opinions, it's a little confusing on these stories, I'm too sscared to understand the meaning of what they want that's the best I can put it: (

Feyan-
It's okay I did fly from story to story. I have a vivid mind, but even to think of the past I still get scared

Thanks for the comments:)
feyan (17 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-14)
to tell you the truth, this is the first time I'm speechless... If you seriously do want to figure out what is going on your life believe & investigate further or give us more clear organized info. Sorry if we are being harsh on you. 😊
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-14)
Ok well, I have all the same questions as everyone has so I will not repeat them. But I will ask if anyone else on your retreat saw the same red-eyed hooded figure in the forest? And what light are you referring to when the figure showed itself? Was it moonlight, camp fire, flash light? 😕
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-01-14)
Hi ILuvMyhorse, sorry I don't want to sound rude. With all respect, if you don't believe in ghosts why did you even bother to write your own ghost true story on this site? Trix. 😕
watermoon (2 stories) (54 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-14)
Even though you don't believe in ghosts how can you not believe when you have had several experiences already or did you think this is all in your head sorry if my words sound rude but I am curious to why you don't believe in ghosts or the paranormal world.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-01-13)
A couple of things with your story I (and apparently a few others) would like a little more explaination on...

1) How do you remember what was said and what you did at the age of 2 in the middle of the night?
2) How can you state you do not believe in ghosts and yet relate these occurances to us in your story?
3) How can you state that you do not believe in ghosts and yet say that this may be considered a gift? What is a gift if you do not believe?

I look forward to these explainations to add more creedence to your story.

God Bless!
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-13)
people actually can't remember things at the age of two. Sorry but your cognitive memory isn't developed enough to have real memories. The way people remember things is through language, which most two year olds aren't proficient in (some are but very few) unless someone has told you these memories, over and over again, you would have no recollection of them.
lazria (9 stories) (82 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-01-13)
First of all, please explain your comment - "I do not believe in ghosts, nor can I be convinced" but then you state "Some people think it's a gift to be in contact with "ghosts" I think it's a curse". If you think you are seeing ghosts, then you must believe in them.

Secondly, while I have some memories at a very early age, your timeline & timing sees odd for such a young age.

I'm not saying I do not believe you, but I'm just trying to piece enough togther to figure out some things. Have you ever tried asking this red-eyed creature what it wants? Does anyone one else notice it?
stacey87 (1 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-01-13)
I find a few things hard to believe about this story...
1) how can you remember anything you heard at the age of 2?
2) At 5 years old, why were you on the couch at 2am and how did you know what time it was as most 5 year olds can't tell time?
3) Why at 12 years old where you out at midnight?
Codd2712 (2 stories) (15 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-13)
Can I just asked what were you doing on the sofa at 2am at the age of 5?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: