You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: She Didn't Believe Me

Real Ghost Stories

She Didn't Believe Me

 

My name is Cat, I'm 16, I've lived in this house for 6 years at first... nothing happened. After a few months our porch lights would break... and our lights indoors seemed not to last. I always saw dark shadows, and heard footsteps up and down the hall leading to my room. Nobody believed me.

A few years later, my sister Cara was cleaning out back porch. Our parents weren't home so the screen doors were locked. The screen doors had plastic over them to keep out the cold winds. Cara told me she saw a shadow fall over her and something started pulling shaking the door. She stands up scared, a shadow runs past the other door, she unlocks it and throws it open. If it had run past the corner of the house she would've seen it. It simply... dissapeared. She shook it off but told my father. My father not believing in Ghosts, told us to watch for strange people in the neighborhood. I swore to Cara it had to be the ghost, cara didn't believe me.

Not long after her bedroom door would open every night and she'd freak out crying, I think she was 14 or 15. Wwhen she turned 16, she and I traded rooms. I still have the same trouble, my door opens every night, whether or not it's locked.

I had a friend over last summer... we're laying on my bed and I'm reading a book outloud. I had told her my room was haunted previous to this and she didn't believe me, my door swings open and she grabs my arm and starts to cry saying "your door just opened by itself!" I said "what you didn't believe me?" she said "NO!".

About 6 months after this, her sister, my sister and I were in my room online. We had on web cam because my sister was talking to her friend Paul, all the sudden paul asks "who's behind you" they look behind them and there's nobody there, they glance at the web cam and in the web cam there's a shadow. They had time enough to look behind them and back at the web cam once more before the entire computer shut down. Cara and I had gotten into a huge fight about a guy she liked soon after. And we refused to talk. Well, we left her home alone as I was on my way to my boyfriend's house and she was getting ready for work, she called me crying saying "Cat, the ghost won't leave me alone, it keeps calling you and every time I put the phone on speaker and set it down so I can do my make up, it turns off speaker" I laughed and said "Cara it's saying we need to talk" she said "well I don't like this I'm gone"

My mom had FINALLY had enough, she asked our neighbors if they knew anything about what was going on. It turned out our neighbors were having the same trouble. Our houses and the houses around us were once the same plot of land and there was a sawmill about 100 years ago. There was an accident and somebody died. But then... I found money... INSIDE my bed... And my grandpa used to always hide money EVERYWHERE, so I told my mom and she said "it couldn't possibly be Dad... he never hid change... If you find dollar bills that are torn in half, you know it's dad hiding his drinking money".

About a week later, we're going through some papers and find two torn dollar bills. Now whether it's my Grandpa simply stating that he cares. A stranger spirit who once worked this land... Or both... I don't know... All I know is... She didn't believe me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cat, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
its shame that she didn't believed you your story really contained fiction parts even though it may be a fact
Keep us posted
NightMaiden (6 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-13)
Hmmm...I would believe you. After something happened at my elementary school I believe in ghosts hereafter 😆. Well, for one, who died, and why or how? It might not have been an accident. Maybe the ghost is angry humans have built on its site of death and haunts the house in revenge. Try to find out more, this is interesting.

I know it's scary when it's happening (it always is; they wouldn't be called "ghosts" if it wasn't, would they?) but try to find out more because you could then maybe put the ghost at ease. Thank you for sharing your story.

I know how you feel when no one believes you. Whether it's about ghosts or something else, it's always hurtful.

Oh, and P.S., try to get along with your sister 😉. Have a nice day!
ghostlovr (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-19)
thats a weird story I would of belived you if you said there was something in the house or there was a ghost

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: