You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Ghost Radar And EVPs

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Radar And EVPs

 

It has been a while since I've posted anything on here, but I couldn't help but share these EVPs that my girlfriend and I captured while we were messing around with my recorder. She has this application on her phone that is called Ghost Radar. At first I thought it was ridiculous and was just some random sequence device, but I have reason to believe it does work on some levels. If you aren't familiar with it, there is a radar type circle with the scanner spinning around and dots will appear on the screen in various places when there is an altering electromagnetic field (EMF) present. It also will display words on the top of the screen.

While it was doing its thing, I was asking questions and recording on my tape recorder. The word "pot" appears on the screen, and my girlfriend repeats it out loud. After playing back the tape you can hear a young woman's voice saying pot, and then you hear my girlfriend ask "Can we be ghost hunters?" Immediately following that you can hear the spirit voice ask a question, and all I could make out was "Are you the people in the ____". I'm not sure what the last word of that was as my girlfriend said "pot" right as she was finishing the sentence. It almost sounds like the last word is "art", which could be referring to the pictures on the wall but that is just speculation. Right after the "pot" incident she asks the spirit jokingly if I have been bad, talking to any girls, and I start nodding my head yes, and she says you'll be having a friend soon, and right after you can hear a voice say "in trouble".

We had no idea these voices would be on our recordings until we played them back. We were sitting in complete silence while all of this was going on. It still sends shivers down my spine when I listen to these. I hope you enjoy these phenomenon as much as I have. I've listened to hundreds of EVPs over the years and I've only ever heard maybe a handful that are this clear. It's usually just disembodied voices, but these are really spectacular. I welcome any questions and comments. Thanks for reading and listening. God bless

Trent

Other hauntings by Rebelboy1987

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rebelboy1987, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rebelboy1987 (9 stories) (186 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-30)
Updated: Other EVP added to the story. Thanks for looking:)
Rebelboy1987 (9 stories) (186 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
Thank you for all your comments. I too was very skeptical about the Ghost Radar and its functionality, but you can clearly hear the word "pot" and then we saw it on the radar screen when my girlfriend says it aloud and nearly cuts off the spirit's sentence.
Not saying it's right all the time, but some areas like hospitals and such are much more active than other places
SnudtoQueast (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-21)
That's actually a really cool idea, I mean, I'd think more spirits/apparitions etc would deal more with technology because they seem to be able to manipulate the electromagnetic frequencies around them (or something to that effect.) With all this new technology coming out, I'm sure we'll see a lot more advancements in paranormal investigations and research.
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-21)
Those were some really interesting EVP's. I use the ghost radar every once in a while when I am bored, got it for free. My husband got it on his android phone. It really drains the battery so it is best to use it plugged in somewhere. Some of the words are really weird and don't make sense most of the time, but every now and then it seems to work ok.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-21)
The ghost radar is designed to detect quantum fluctuations.

Quantum fluctuations of what exactly is never explained in Spud Pickle's description.

It's an electronic version of Dowsing Rods and the Ideomotor Effect.
Serenity (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-21)
The technology itself may not be scientifically sound, but intelligent hauntings might be intrigued enough to play along and take the opportunity to make themselves known. Those who have passed more recently create a generation of more tech-savvy spirits who can communicate in more modern ways than older ghosts. Worth a thought.
dusk (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-17)
I have The Ghost Radar on My Ipod toutch and my Parents think its fake but I know its not because my friend was using it last year on his Ipod toutch and when a red dot appeared he saw a white figure going across his sister's room and it really works and I use it a lot I also had 49 words on my ghost radar because I had it on almost all day.
caitlynann4 (1 stories) (33 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-17)
i have ghost radar to! IT REALLY WORKS! I know because I was babysitting my neighbors and I was sitting on the swing in there backyard and I had ghost radar on and it said swing and I was on the swing then it said pink and I had a pink shirt on and then it said robert, robert is my dads name. Lexi, the girl I was babysitting didn't believe it worked so I said if you can hear me touch lexi on the shoulder, so it did. Then I felt something small and cold hug my legs. I believe ghost radar works, its 99 cents! Totally worth it!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: