You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Something Is In The House

Real Ghost Stories

Something Is In The House

 

Before I begin telling you my story I just want to state that everything that I'm going to say is the truth. I wouldn't waste my time making this up. You can believe what you want but I know what I saw.

I was 19 when I moved into an apartment that will soon change my mind about ghosts. I was going to college with my best friend Anna. We decided that we should rent the same apartment so we could be together more often. We found a house that was perfect for our budget. (Because we were in college money was tight.) The house was very old but we didn't mind that, we just wanted to share an apartment. We finally got to rent the place and moved right in. We weren't the only ones living there; we had an old lady living below us named Sandy. Our neighbour was old and strange, she wouldn't say hello and complain about everything, she would get really annoying.

When Anna and I finally got settled in we felt that we didn't make a good choice on choosing this house. At night when it got windy the house would move back and forth and I would always think the house was going to fall (remember this is a very old house and poorly built). Also bats would be everywhere! I would find them in the bathroom, on our lamps, in the kitchen, they were just everywhere. I hated the house.

One night when I was going to bed I heard Anna scream. Thinking it was a bat I grabbed a broom and ran into her room. I asked her where the bat was but she just kept staring at the door. I shouted at her and she finally looked at me. She told me there was some guy looking at her from the door. She thought at first it was me but then when she realized it wasn't she screamed. She said that once she screamed the man disappeared. I told her she was imagining things and told her to get back to sleep.

A month later Anna went to Florida for vacation. She felt that she was too stressed and needed a break. I on the other hand stayed at the house. I was all alone, not even my weird neighbour Sandy was there. On the first day I was alone the electricity wasn't working so I decided to check down stairs in the basement. I opened the basement door and looked down the stairs. It was pitch black and there was no light at all. I ran back up and grabbed my flashlight then went back to the basement door. I put on my flash light and headed down the stairs. I pointed the flashlight in all directions hoping to find the electricity box. Instead I found a well. I'm not even joking there was a well right there. I approached it slowly afraid because I was alone in the dark in a basement. I flashed my light down the well to see the bottom. I couldn't find it. I checked my pockets and got out my lip gloss. I chucked it down there and didn't her any noise at all. I backed away from it being a little scared. Then I heard mumbling noises! I knew I was the only one here in the house so I was scared. I then noticed that the noises where coming from the well! I panicked; I tried to find the stairs but smashed into things since it was so dark. I finally found the stairs and dashed up and out of the basement. That night I barely got any sleep. The next morning I called an electrician to go and fix the electricity problem. I wasn't going to go back down there.

Three days after the well incident I had another paranormal experience. When I was sleeping in my room I heard noises. I heard walking and mumbling. I got up out of bed and grabbed my baseball bat. (I keep one in the closet just in case.) I walked down the stairs slowly and looked around to find nothing. I then went back up to bed to go to sleep. A few minutes later I heard the same thing so I went back down and then went outside. I found nothing. I went back inside to my room when I heard a loud crash! I thought a bomb went off or something! I screamed and jumped out of bed and ran down stairs. I couldn't believe my eyes. Anna's bedroom fell down into the kitchen. There was dust everywhere and it was hard to see a thing. I was panicking and then I heard something talk. It said in a stern deep voice "Leave." That's all it said. I did what it said and ran outside, got into my car and drove away back to my parents' house. The next morning I called Anna that her room fell but she can have mine because I'm not going to stay there anymore.

My parents, friends and boyfriend went to go get my things but I didn't go back. I was too afraid to go back. I thought that whatever was there would hurt me if I went back.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, catsnook, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

catsnook (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-28)
When Anna's room fell it fell into our kitchen not our neighbor's.
catsnook (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-31)
I didn't ask my landlord about the house because it's been around for a very long time so I wouldn't know if he knew. As for my friend she doesn't live there anymore she moved. I know it was a dumb desicion on renting that house but I didn't have that money and that was the only place that was within my budget.
yelii (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-23)
Didn't you ask the owner of the house if what's the story behind it?
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-22)
Ahh old houses and the landlords that don't upkeep them. Sorry living in my current rental isn't that great. There are so many things wrong with it, and lots of band-aid fixes over the years. I'm just waiting for the old unused chimney to come tumbling down, it's leaning to the side and is the only thing that seems to be keeping the house up. 😆
GhostHunter555 (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-20)
Looks like a crime guy is coming in and putting nukes in bedrooms. Better call 911 before the next room falling down is yours! 😆
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-19)
Hi catsnook, I was thinking about your story last night...silly, but that house should actually be reported to the authorities. It should be demolished before somebody gets killed. It's a health and safety risk that place. I hope your friend is out of there before her bedroom next time replaces the basement. Good luck and take care. Trix. ❤
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-18)
That is a really messed up house! It's common for old houses to have wells, but I haven't heard of one in the basement! That made me think of the movie The Ring. Sounds like whatever was there was trying to stake its claim, so to speak, and wanted its house back. And it did it in a way that would scare you. The mumbling in the well really scared me. And best of luck to Anna finding a new place to live, lucky her and your strange neighbor weren't around when her room caved in.
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-18)
Hi catsnook, this was the funniest story I've ever read on this site. I enjoyed it. I couldn't help to laugh though it might not be funny for you. What did your friend said when you told her that her bedroom replaced the kitchen? In a way I believe you although it sounds funny, this house swinging in the wind and all. It sounds like some of the shacks build in our country... Sorry South Africans no offense please I don't mean this in a bad way and, you know it's true. I read in the paper every week about houses falling apart and the one guy build his own dubblestory shack a view times, and the neighbours complain because it keep on collapsing into their yard. Great story I loved it. Trix. 😆 ❤
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-18)
Well I hope you got your deposit back! How in the world was this house being as dilapidated and apparently unsafe as it was overlooked at being condemned? I'm sorry but when you described how Anna's bedroom fell through the floor into the kitchen I couldn't help but remember that scene in the movie the Money Pit with Tom Hanks and Shelly Long when Tom Hanks was pouring a bucket of water into the tub to take a bath and the whole tub fell through the floor. LOL! 😆 😆 I know I shouldn't laugh because if Anna was there God forbid she could have been seriously injured. BJJ poses a good question, did the bedroom land in Sandy's kitchen? Hope the poor old woman was ok. I'm glad you listened to the voice and left. Oh one thing about the well in the basement. It is not uncommon for old houses like that to have been built around a well. They used to do that in the old days, but the well should have been sealed up before they started the foundation.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-01-18)
I laughed so much I almost swallowed my candy and temporarily went blind in my left eye! Hee hee hee. (probably should get that eye thing checked on I guess), anywho, you moved into a house that swayed in the wind? I wouldn't stay in a tree house that did that. And as for your roomies bedroom falling to the lower floor, I don't blame you for not going back, I think my stuff would have been left there after that. Surely the building was condemned. You should have sued for any monies back. That was a death trap. And an open well? Geeze! That guy was asking for a wrongful death suit. You're just lucky to get out of there unscathed! Count your blessings.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+5
13 years ago (2011-01-18)
So, you moved into a house so messed up that the fricking thing shook and swayed in the wind and was infested with bats. Did you not look at the property before moving in? And Anna is going to continue living in a house where her bedroom fell into the kitchen below? And what about Sandy, you said she lived below the two of you. Was it Sandy's kitchen that Anna's bedroom fell into? Did you discuss any of the issues in this house with the landlord, the shaking, the bats, the bedroom falling in? What did he say or do? Ghosts or no ghosts, a chat with the landlord would have been in order. I'm sorry dearie, but your story doesn't add up. If you hadn't said at the very beginning that it is all true I would be inclined to think it was fake. Oh, wait, I still think it's fake.
ghastlyghost02 (9 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-18)
Good job leaving when you felt threatened. One of the many mistakes people make is to stay in the area when they feel threatened in order to try to sort the problem out. I don't think it would be good to let Anna stay there. 1 because her room caved in. 2 because there are bats. 3 because Well's, in a lot of ghost stories and ghost programs that I have watched and read, are portals for the spirits, and demons to enter are world. So great story. I would advise you to tell Anna to get out of there, and take a vacation. Oh and find somewhere else to live that isn't haunted or home to bats or wells.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: