You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Indian Boy

Real Ghost Stories

Indian Boy

 

This is my first story, and I feel a little bit nervous (probably because it's at night, and I usually forbid myself to read ghost stories at night) about sharing it.

It first started on my 11th birthday. Strange, because for me, 11 was an unlucky number. Our living room and kitchen are connected, and if you sit on the couch you can see perfectly into the kitchen. In the kitchen, we had a table set up with a cake in the middle. There were also streamers hanging from the ceiling (I hope that makes sense). After I had opened gifts and we had eaten cake, I decided to sit in the living room and watch TV. I noticed one of the streamers swinging back and forth out of the corner of my eye. I looked over and it was swinging like a pendulum, though the others were standing still. At first I didn't notice anything weird, so I turned back towards the TV. A few seconds later, I realised that it seemed a little strange, so I looked back. There was a tall, about 18 years old, boy standing there, messing with the streamer. I got freaked out, so I quickly ran upstairs to the loft.

I turned on the TV in the loft and sat down on the couch. After about maybe, a half an hour (give or take), I got cold and grabbed a blanket off of my bed. Just to give you an idea of what the upstairs looks like, I'll try to describe it for you. When you walk up the stairs, you see my room to the left, and the loft straight ahead. If you turn right there's a hall. The first door is the middle bedroom and straight ahead is my sister's room (which she doesn't use because she sleeps in my room). Next to that is the bathroom, and there's also this empty space with a balcony that overlooks the front door.

Ok, so I grabbed a blanket off of my bed and sat back down on the couch. I looked over, and next to me was that boy again. I got REALLY freaked out and pulled my blanket over my head. I kept telling myself it wasn't real, and after I calmed down I slowly pulled the blanket off of my head. He wasn't there anymore. I sighed in relief. I went back to watching TV. After I while, I saw a black shadow dart up the stairs, out of the corner of my eye. I looked away and it suddenly got very cold. Sitting next to me was him, again! I almost screamed, but then he said "hey".

After I calmed down he started talking to me, I found out that his name was Cameron and he was an Indian. He had learned how to speak English from the people living today. He died around 1800-1900, but he doesn't know why he's here. He told me that he had been wandering around, searching for something, and happened to stop here.

Cameron is tall, tan, and somewhat thin. He has brown eyes like most Indians do. He has dark brown hair just above his shoulders. He appears somewhat transparent. He wears breechcloth and leggings (http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~mosmd/indianmensclothing.htm these are what they are, if you don't know) that appear to be made of deerskin. He appeared to be wearing some type of Indian war paint, and had a spear strapped across his back. He also wore a feather headband and moccasins.

I told one of my friends that I knew would believe me about Cameron. She told me that not many people can talk to ghosts so easily. I asked her if I was psychic or something, but she said she doesn't know. So, if anyone knows, please tell me!

Cameron hasn't left since that day, and he doesn't seem like a bad spirit. He often sneaks around the house as a shadow, and sometimes floats around as an orb (which drives my cat insane). I think I'm the only one who has seen him in human form.

That's pretty much the end of my story! I'm only typing here because Cameron wanted to say "hey".

Other hauntings by seeing_things11

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, seeing_things11, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Hellquin (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-01)
has he told you what tribe he is at all? I'm kind of curious about that
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-22)
how is his face painted? Markings? Colors? Sorry just curious.
Tabbie (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-22)
hey Cameron 😊 I love this story I understand the orb vs cat thing. It's a ever fought battle in my house:) I think its just to play with the cats. Kind of like when your not feeling well and get a cat to snuggle with. Cameron just can't pick up the cat ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-21)
OK...
So, Cameron was renamed by modern persons with the name Chayton (sounds like Cheyenne, if anyone wishes to know).
HE supplied the information that he died around the 1800 or 1900's? Was there a Sioux Nation in your area in the 1800's?
I should think, with someone who had been as good a friend as it sounds like this story is saying, I would want to be just as good of a friend and help him Cross Over. I read that he says he is looking for something. Why not try to help him figure out what it is that he IS looking for?
You BOTH may be surprised. He MAY have been looking for his family all this time, and all that was needed was a Walk in the Light to FIND them.
Thank you.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-20)
mmmmm...I wasn't talking about that one. I've never put it one here, but he could see all and know it and what it means. It's bugged me all my life.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-20)
maybe you are the thing he has been searching for? Someone who is alive that can see and communicate with him? Maybe you can pray for him to be crossed over, finally... To be at rest.
Zilla (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-20)
You should ask him questions about the after life. Like how it looks like, what he does when he is not visiting you, and what sorts of things he sees. Etc etc. Would be interesting, anyways, He seems pre-occupied on some sort of mission so I guess maybe its best to let him be.
seeing_things11 (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-19)
Vulcan- read your story, and commented. I feel bad for your friends, but that would be cool to be able to tell when a bad thing would happen!

Hazman- I have asked him before, and all he says is, "I'm looking for something and I don't know what. And I still haven't found it. And that's why."

Lisa- that's what I thought too! But THEN I found out his name wasn't really Cameron

Drizzi- one time, when I had a sleepover with a friend, Cameron moved a pillow from my room when my friend wasn't looking. She was so freaked out!
seeing_things11 (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-19)
Something I forgot to mention! Cameron's name was originally "Chayton" meaning "hawk" or "falcon". I don't know how I missed that, but I just wanted to make that clear!
Drizzi (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-19)
tell cameron I said yo lol you should tell him to play jokes on your friends or something. At least I would but I'm mean so it's probably a good idea not to listen to me 😆
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-19)
Tell Cameron I said Hey too 😁 and I hope he finds his way soon. Good luck 😊
Lisa66 (1 stories) (54 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-19)
Interesting...an Indian boy from the 1800-1900's named Cameron. Who'd of thunk it? 😊
HazMan_III (4 stories) (91 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-19)
I'd say that you are a psychic, most likely a medium. As for Cameron, you did say he was lost... I think you should ask him about crossing over. He's been wandering the earth for over a century, it's about time he moves on.

I suppose he might not want to cross over, so don't push the envelope. Just ask him casually. If he does, then you could help him do it, but it might take some time.

In any case, great story, very well written. I look forward to hearing about how it goes with Cameron. Best of luck to you both.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-19)
tell him I said hey. And ask him about my dream... Hopefully he's in the know.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: