You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Prom Night Ghost Car

Real Ghost Stories

Prom Night Ghost Car

 

It was prom night and the dance had just ended so my girlfriend, Nikki, and I left to go to her friend's house. On the way there, we saw a car up ahead coming towards us. We had to turn left and it was far enough ahead so I could turn before it got to us. Looking in my rearview mirror I noticed that the car turned onto the same road we were on. Of course I didn't think anything of it. That was until the car started coming up on us really fast. We were driving around 65-70 miles per hour and judging by how fast the car caught up with us it must have been going over 100. It rode up behind us and moved over into the other lane. I figured it was going to pass us but it just stayed there. In the other lane, RIGHT behind us. It was so close that if it came back into our lane it would have clipped my bumper.

I started to get nervous because I didn't know what it was doing. I thought that it might try to wreck us. So I kept glancing in my mirror to see what it was doing. Then all of a sudden it was gone. It just vanished. There were no roads it could have turned down and it was so close I would have noticed. I slowed down and kept looking to see if I could see any sign of it. But I never did. To this day I still have no idea what was following us that night. I never saw anything like it again and I hope I never do.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tyx2010, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LizzyBoo (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-21)
This is kind of like what happened to me. Creepy. But, I'm glad you weren't hurt.
DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-03)
When I saw the title I just rolled my eyes thinking it would be another "picked up a hitcher on the way to the dance" stories.
Well, it wasn't, and thank you for that. Good and spooky, just like I like them. 😉
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
Great story! I'll probably be thinking of this next time I have to go somewhere at night and get creeped out lol.
Aya! Good to see you back 😊. /hug
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-01)
tyx2010: The old ghost car story eh would have been quite freaky at the time I have heard many similar stories to yours they are always intriguing.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan

(Hope Mars has been treating you well AYA mate! Lol)
Sharp3003 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-01)
Enjoyed the story. Did you actually see the car itself or just the lights? Glad you made it through that adventure alright.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-01)
tyx2010: That's really unnerving when someone hangs by your bumper like that... A good driver can't help but be vigilant and keep an eye on it... I don't have an answer for you, but it sounds pretty spooky!...I agree with Trix: one for the grandkids! 😊...Thank you for posting!

HUGS AYA! 😆 ❤
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-01)
Yo Tyx2010! Have you been to that road again? And are there rumors about it being hunted? Hmmm... Thanks for sharing it by the way, do take care...

-AYA is back (yep, I'm back? Do I get a hug? Hehe...)
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-01)
Hi tyx2010. This is a very interesting story. I like it. I must say you and Nikki had a very adventurist prom date. I bet you and Nikki will grow old telling this story to your children and grand children one day. Great story. Thanks for sharing. Trix 😉 ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: