You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Did I See My Own Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Did I See My Own Ghost?

 

I cannot tell you exactly how long ago this happened; only that it was a little chilling. My story does not include any ghosts, although I do quite often see them. This story is about another paranormal experience I had roughly three years ago. I don't know what to call it, but I suppose it was an OBE (Out of Body Experience). From what I have read, these do not usually happen unless you are close to death, so I do not know what to make of it. Any input from readers would be greatly appreciated to help me out. I want to know of any other people who have experienced anything like I have.

It all happened while I was lying in bed one night. It was a little cold that night. I had been lying awake for maybe 10 minutes, when I decided to get up and get myself a drink from the kitchen. On the way back to bed, I went to the toilet and got an extra blanket from the linen cupboard to warm me up. This is where it got a little creepy... I walked into my room, placed my drink on my bedside table and went to toss the blanket over my bed, but when I looked down, I was still asleep in my bed! I was confused. I was standing next to my bed watching myself sleep! I watched myself for a few seconds, and then I don't remember anything else. I don't know what happened. All I know is when I woke up the next morning I was in bed, but the blanket I had pulled from the closet during the night was over me. Thinking I had been dreaming, I shrugged it off.

When I spoke to mum the next morning, thinking she may have placed the blanket over me and put the drink next to my bed, I thanked her. She was confused as to what I was talking about. I explained my "dream" to her and we were both standing in the kitchen puzzled.

I have since had this happen only one other time.

The thing that really spooked me out about these experiences is that I could feel everything! Everything I touched, the carpet under my feet, EVERYTHING! That is one reason I am sure what happened to me was more than a dream, and it left me nervous for weeks.

What does this mean? Was I seeing my own ghost?

Can anyone please help me figure out what these experiences were? I am interested in finding out, and would love to hear if anyone else has any similar stories to mine.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KellzMelis, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ultimaga95 (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-28)
Hmmmm, idk, maybe it was a doppleganger which is basiclly a spiritual double of you which looks and acts exactly as you do, either that or it was a OBE.
erin19 (1 stories) (41 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
Thats really creepy! All the best! Also that was a great story! 😁
Fire_Fairy (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-03)
A strange one. I have never read anything like this. I can't say it's a ghost. Maybe you were actually dreaming. You may have kept the drink and would have taken the blanket before you got into bed. When you woke up from a strange dream like this you may have forgotten that you have kept the drink and the blanket. 😕
yamazaki (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
Wow, that's one strange experience. Personally, the first impression I got was also Doppelg
Adolphos (62 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-23)
A duplicate of a person existing at another location at the same time is called a doppelg
Kkall (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-20)
It's ok they say 1 in 5 have an out of body experience. I had 1 once I was watching myself in the garden.
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-20)
I also think you had an OBE, I've had one myself once when I was about 10, I was awake when it happened though. I was sitting in a rocking chair at the bottom of the stairs when all of the sudden I was up in the corner of the stairwell looking down on myself sitting in the rocking chair. It was probably only for a split second, but when I "came back" it was like the wind was knocked out of me and I gasped for air. Weird. It took me YEARS to figure out what had happened and I never told anybody until I figured out what it was. I think it's pretty cool now though, and nothing to be afraid of. The expirence you had would probably frighten me though, seeing myself in bed! Geeze!
Median-in-training (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-20)
You may have had an out o body experince called astral projection. This is a special git that you should embrace. For more infromation click the folling link please. (if it's not clickable copy and paste it) Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astral_projection

I have no urter inormation then this article sorry. 😊
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-20)
KellzMelis: This does seem like an OBE there are many people on this site that have very similar stories like yours. I suggest you look up A friend of mine on this site called AussieDaz, he has had a lot of experience whith this sort of stuff it could help you find out some answers. All the best.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Thirdeyenz (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-20)
From my reading and personal experiences I firmly believe you have experienced an out of body experience or OBE. They're nothing to be afraid of as you are perfectly safe whilst this is happening and by no means do you have to be near death to experience them.
I'd say your physical self got up and did everything (as the objects were moved the next morning) and what you saw when you came back was your astral self which is one of many parts of your non-physical self.
If it keeps happening or you're just really curious I highly recommend reading Robert Bruce's Astral Dynamics book. It will explain what he's discovered after many years of deliberate OBEs. I've had a few myself and experienced being conscious in two different bodies at once, although there was no visual.
So yeah basically don't worry, it's a natural part of being in a human body that sometimes your non-physical self will "distance' itself for whatever reason, whether you meant it to or not.
These are my beliefs based on personal experience and what I've read so of course take it all with a big ol' pinch of salt and do your own research. I hope this helps settle your fears though.
ClaudiaLove (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-19)
My best friend had a very similar experience. We were both very young at the time, maybe 6 or 7. I remember sleeping over her house and waking up the next morning. She woke up quite frightened and was telling me how she had this dream where she crawled out her window or something... Like took a walk around her neighborhood by herself then came back and was watching us sleep. She also couldn't remember anything after that... I'm pretty sure we went to sleep with the window closed and when we woke up it was open... Pretty creepy.
If it helps, we're still both alive and well and it's been more then 10 years later. I'm not quite sure exactly what it is you're experiencing but I hope this helps a little bit.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: