You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Why Do Things Always Happen In Our Houses?

Real Ghost Stories

Why Do Things Always Happen In Our Houses?

 

So, just a little backstory... In our old apartment in Vancouver, strange little occurrences were a norm that we become accustomed to (details in another post), and I thought they'd stop when we moved but they have not, and I find it interesting. I wonder sometimes if the thing followed us, or if it's a different spirit?

We moved back home to Oregon about 3 months ago. Things were really quiet for a while; we got into a routine of work, baby and home life and it was nice. About a month ago though, give or take some, strange little things have started happening AGAIN.

The other night I was downstairs watching some TV and out of nowhere I hear a door click shut upstairs. Not fast or roughly, but like it was being gently pulled shut. Nobody was upstairs and when I went to check, our bedroom door, that had been open when I was upstairs a little bit ago, was closed. A similar event happened when I went to take a shower a few days before that. I came out of my room, leaving the door open, and when I came out the door was closed. Again no one was in the house but me my tiny dog and my infant son... No one to close the door all the way.

Other times I've been downstairs playing with my son and I'll hear what sounds like walking or shuffling upstairs or my dog will bark or growl at nothing. Now, we live in apartments but not traditional apartments; they aren't attached, so it's not like neighbours or anything...

Other hauntings by AndreaRC

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AndreaRC, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Drizzi (13 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
Im just saying his birth might have something to do with it. Unless it's just irony that this all started when he was born.
AndreaRC (12 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-23)
Thank you Ghastly and Miracles, I get the answer that it may be a guardian angel a lot and although I'm not really covinced of it yet (I have another story I've been waiting to post that I think pertains to all the others, but the submissions page is always closed:/),I'll stay open to the idea.
I don't think Maddox's birth has anything to do with I'd really hope not, but like I said I'm still open to any and all options at this point in time.:) I'll keep my stories coming, new things happen all the time,ha.
Drizzi (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-21)
hmm... That is weird. Well whatever it is I don't think that you have anything to really worry about, because you haven't said anything about any scratches on your son or anything like that. Try talking to be "Be yo buddy get out of my house or we got problems":) haha
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-01-21)
AndreaRC - I just read your other story about the voices calling your name and wanted to comment on this story.

I don't think the birth of your baby has anything to do with the paranormal activity in your home. You've always had it. It just may not have been as obvious to you as it is now. The hearing your name called? That's part of it too.

I think you might just have a "guardian" looking in on your baby. Whether this guardian is a deceased family member, a true "Guardian Angel" or someone new, I don't know. What I do know from my own experiences is this. Whenever my children were little is when I'd experience the most activity. We have always had ghost children. Always. I became aware of my first one when my daughter was 4-5 years old. That doesn't mean she wasn't always there, it just means I didn't notice her.

What I'm trying to get at is this. I think you might have more than 1 child in your home now. Don't let that worry you. Unless something has happened since you submitted this story, there's been no reason for you to be afraid or concerned. It seems whoever is there is actually very respectful.

Here is where I offer my advice 😆. If you don't keep a journal, start one. Even if it's nothing elaborate: just a few lines with the date and time. I know a new baby keeps you hopping, so you're probably going to have less time to do this than I do. But I try to track the moon phase and weather, just to try and see if there's a pattern to my incidents. But seriously, the journal is a great thing to have. It helped me realize I wasn't crazy and I wasn't imaging any of this stuff. It also helps me try and figure out if my ghosts have any noticeable routines. My Journal is now 60 typed pages. I've been keeping it since 2002. It has become a normal part of my life. I keep track of my kid's experiences too.

Keep us updated. I love stories like this.
AndreaRC (12 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-20)
Drizzi:
I've had paranormal encounters before but o none of these type of things happened before Maddox, which is weird.
ghastlyghost02 (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-19)
I read your other stories. And you said something about living in a apartment and something holding you down. I don't think that something new is in your house. I'm going to take a guess and say that something followed you. Maybe a guardian angel. Maybe something else. If it doesn't threaten you then you should be fine. I would recommend you say a prayer to St. Micheal for protection. 😁
Drizzi (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-19)
Thats creepy. Did any of these things happen before you had your baby?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: