You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: It's Gonna Get Us

Real Ghost Stories

It's Gonna Get Us

 

It was late at night, I can't remember the exact time, but roughly around ten o' clock. My mother was sitting at the table making a sandwich and I was on the living room floor watching t.v. And my middle sister brenda was in the shower. All of the sudden, my mom looks up and says "why did you try to scare me?" I looked at her and said "who tried to scare you?" And she said "brenda come out from behind the door I already saw you". I told my mom "brenda is still in the shower there's nobody there". She got up yelling for her to come out from behind the door and when she walked over there, there was no one there. She sat down and said I don't believe it. Now I am sitting there freaking out because I know I didn't see her there and my mom is starting to pray. My sister finally get out of the shower and says "you look like something scared you?" Just then, there was the loudest bang you could ever hear in your life on our back door.

I jumped out of my bed and ran to my mom's room with my sister as she followed. We sat there and waited and out of nowhere we could hear the back door open slowly with the creeks and all the other scary noises you could think of. I told my mom "it's in the house" she kept saying "no, it's nothing don't worry". My sister and I started to pray and hoped our dad would get home soon. After what seemed like hours, the door slammed shut and we could hear running around the house. We waited in the room until my dad got home.

Around 1 a.m. he finally got home and we told him all about it, he laughed at us and called us chickens, which we were. He went out with a rubber exhaust hose and walked around the house for a long time and when he came back in he said he couldn't see anything, no foot prints or tracks of any kind.

Till this day, I tell this story to my friends and family and every time I say it, I get chills, teary eyed and just plain scared. But my mom never forgets the day it almost got us. We could never figure out what was running around the house or what opened the door.

Other hauntings by theTRU1

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, theTRU1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-07)
Well this spirit sure does sound like a prankster.
From the sounds of it, it was just trying to have some fun, but took it a bit too far.
Thanks for sharing this with us!
Take care.

C
fireproof89 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-07)
that is super freaky! I have had some experiences but none that scary. Whatever it was, if it was going to get you, it would have. The best you can do is pray.
NightMaiden (6 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-07)
I've had something happen to me like that...It's very nerve-racking. Thanks for sharing. 😊
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
OMG!~! THIS STORY IS SUCH A GOOD STORY TO TELL!

The ones where you go;

"then the girl says, do you feel that?, her sister than replies, feel what? They look behind" and that's when you do the scream and scare the sh*t out of your friends!

OMFG! I AM SO DOING THAT SO MY COUSINS WHEN WE HAVE OUR MOTHERS DAY DINNER ON SUNDAY!

Thanks for the great story.:D It scareed me... Seriously! = (
theTRU1 (5 stories) (9 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-04)
lucyXX

thanks for the comment. You know I also have had that feeling but was always afraid that there was actually someone or something there.
My_Cat_Guards_Me (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-01)
theTRU1,

That is sooo freaky. Is so weird and yet somethin like that happened to my aunt. She was in her car and she had the strong feeling that there was someone in the back of that car trying to get her!

LucyXX
theTRU1 (5 stories) (9 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-31)
Thanks for the comments, I really hope that's all it was, I can handle a good scare, but a actual spirt trying to hurt us that's scary. There is a whole lot of other activity at my old house and can't wait to share them with you. Thanks

theTRU1
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-29)
LOL, Evil, you my dear are spot on with your observations. I too can attest to the fact that if it wanted to get you it would have. I have experienced things that would really make your hair stand on end.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you always.
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-29)
This to me just sounds like a spirt was trying to scare you that's all. If it wanted to get you, it would have. I know from experience.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: