You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Girl Of My Dreams

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl Of My Dreams

 

It has been a while since I have been back to this site. My daughter was born and all of my attention was placed on family! She is indeed a special girl to me and I have loved watching her grow. I wrote a story previously on this site before we, wife and I, knew what we were having and it explains how I seen her before discovering her sex. She has slowly been changing from a chubby infant to an energetic toddler. Her appearance is becoming more and more like the little girl from my dream! She amazes me every day and my wife and I have this feeling like she has always been with us since we started as a couple.

Nani was born in the fall. My wife and I had small concerns about her, and about the strange things that go on at our home, but we prayed that my mother, whom passed on, would keep watch over her during those times. In fact it wasn't long after bringing her home from the hospital that we started having strange occurrences.

When baby slept at night we kept her in a bassinet next to our bed. At around four in the morning, baby was about two weeks old, my wife pops out of bed repeating my name quickly. I open my eyes to see her frantically grabbing baby rocking her back and forth. I asked "What's the matter?" and she told me "Someone was talking to baby!" The funny thing about that was I thought I had heard voices before my wife got up to get her! We threw Nani into bed with us and fell back asleep.

A month goes by and I start thinking that maybe it was just a visitor, nothing to be afraid of. I was wrong. While we were in bed one early morning I woke, but not fully. My eyes closed, lying still, I tried to go back to sleep but could not. As I'm lying there, out of the blue I hear a child's voice, clear as day, next to my baby's bassinette say "HELLO!" My eyes popped open and again my wife leaps into action grabbing the baby saying "There! Did you hear it that time!?!" I didn't know what to say, so we threw baby back in our bed and went to sleep. Our daughter has slept in our bed since then, over a year now, and we haven't heard the voice in our bedroom again. My wife said that it was the same voice as before, a voice of a young boy.

A friend of mine said I should use some kind of recorder to capture possible sounds while we slept and then review it later. I thought it was a great idea. One night we were getting a lot of action at home so, I decided I would set up the DVR (Digital Voice Recorder) that evening. That night was kind of rough. Baby was up and down and she was crying a bit, probably from teething. The next day I took my DVR to work and began listening. I was surprised at what I found.

During the night I could hear a lot of bumps and bangs, like things getting knocked over. Then I could hear faint conversation at odd times. The second time my baby woke up her mommy went to go bathroom before coming back to nurse. During that time I rolled over to comfort baby, but on the DVR I catch something more. While my wife was in the bathroom a woman's voice can be heard humming and lulling baby back to sleep! It freaked me out to hear that, because I didn't hear it that night as it happened! I continue to listen and could hear us fall back asleep. I have an acoustic guitar on my night stand and minutes after us going back to bed I heard it being plucked and played on the DVR. I was just in total amazement!

Later I spoke with a psychic and she was nice enough to do a reading with me. As she was probing she told me "You have two children, yes?" I said "No. Just one." "So, a boy then?" she replied. I told her "No, a girl..." She said to me "I see a boy, then a girl. Did you have a miscarriage?" I said "No, my wife is healthy and we have not experienced a miscarriage." "Is your girl about three years?" she asked "No, she is only several months."

"Okay!" she continued "I see that you have two children connected to your wife. A boy of three and a younger girl. It is revealing itself as your child, are you sure you didn't have a miscarriage?" "Positive! My wife and I have been together since High school. We were each others first boyfriend and girlfriend. We never had premarital relations, and when we were married we were very cautious not to have a child until now!" I left that meeting with more questions than answers, and no clue as to who the voice of that woman on the DVR belongs to.

My father watches Nani during the day, and he hears people communicate with her. We never told what happens so it was interesting to learn that even he gets creeped out by something going on there. I decided to use the DVR during the day as well and caught a very surprising electronic voice phenomenon. Nani was in the living room while I went to the restroom. She doesn't like being alone, at all! She began to cry, then stopped abruptly, and finally let out a huge wail! I came back and she settled down. When I played the DVR back and was shocked that I caught the voice my wife and I had heard that one early morning!

When listening, I left the room and Nani cried for me. She then stops. At that moment a boys voice said "Be nice to me." She then let out a wail!

I knew that my wife and I had a lot of visitors, and one day Nani would have her share, but I never knew it would be so early in life. This is only a small fraction of what has happened after my daughter's arrival and it is very interesting for us. I will continue documenting all that happens and will post another story soon! Thanks for reading, aloha!

Other hauntings by 4d

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Hawaii

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 4d, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Isolde (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-23)
Hi 4d,
Haha. You're right, one wouldn't expect that. On the other hand we 'ghostie' believers have full lives with other things in it as well, don't we? I remember when I was pregnant and later a new mum, that I was bombarded with all kinds of information in e-magazines and paper magazines about pregnancy and babycare. Perhaps you recognise this. Mostly is because of commercial reasons. Anyway, one of the articles I read concerned early miscarriages. It was the first thing that came to my mind when reading your story.
I hope the pregnancy goes well, and that the older brother (if that is indeed the case) will watch over his younger sisters.
Isolde
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-19)
Thank you Isolde, that information was something I would have never thought I'd gather from here in Y.G.S. ๐Ÿ˜† And no need to shut up, I don't feel people who help others through words should ever have to. Mahalo - 4d โค
Isolde (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-18)
4d, thank you. I should add that these miscarriages can occur so early in the pregnancy that the woman doesn't realise she is having one. Early in the pregnancy meaning 'around the time of the normal circle' or that she was a few days/week late.
When miscarriages happen very early along in a pregnancy, it can sometimes be difficult to tell whether it was an early miscarriage or just a late, heavy period.
Okay, and now I shut up. ๐Ÿ˜
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-16)
Miracles51031, Thank you! I appreciate that ๐Ÿ˜ When we left that condo we have not heard another peep from the boy! Maybe he was tied to another person who lived in an adjacent home... However we moved into my childhood home and both are experiencing some rather wild things that I have slowly been putting up here on Y.G.S. โค

Isolde. Thank you for your comment, that is something to also think about! ๐Ÿ˜จ
Isolde (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
Some women have miscarriages without knowing they were pregnant in the first place, because they occur very early in the pregnancy.
Could this have been the case?
Just an idea.
Isolde
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
4d - so glad to see you back ๐Ÿ˜Š This gave me the chance to read your story again and I enjoyed it as much this time as I did the first time I read it.

Have you, your wife or Nani had any more experiences with the little boy? Did you find out who he is? I really would love it if you have a story in the works LOL

Congratulations ๐Ÿ˜Š
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
erin19, thanks for the advice! We did indeed move ๐Ÿ˜†

Pulsus,thanks for the comment! Yeah, my wife and I are having our second and final child come fall. I dreamt about this one as well, just as I did with Nani. I hope to have this story published soon as well, but the ultra sound proved that we are once again having a girl. โค
pulsus (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-12)
Have you considered the possibility that the woman's voice you heard singing to your daughter was perhaps your mother? She may have stayed with you to help take care of her new baby granddaughter.:)

I'm also of a mind to agree with Serenity - the boy you hear talking to Nani may be your next child (possibly also from your previous life together) getting to know his sister again.
He may also be a spirit who has been unable to pass on and he's anticipating Nani being able to see him as she grows up and just wants to be around so she's not scared of him. He may be lonely.
erin19 (1 stories) (41 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-10)
I would move somewhere new, lol! Thanks for sharing!

-erin19 โค
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-22)
snowhite,

Hmmm, maybe I should watch that one. I don't think the psychic meant to miss lead me. I think she saw something that my wife and I weren't aware of just yet. Maybe I should get a second opinion though, huh? ๐Ÿ˜‰

MissJamieAnn,

Thanks for sharing your disturbing experience. When I was young I'd hear a lot of whispering, thank God it stopped! ๐Ÿ˜† Take care!

SnudtoQueast,

The boy seems to be ALL about my little girl. I think he may be jealous that my daughter gets so much attention from her mommy. I think he wants mommy's attention as well. Thanks for replying!

GhostBeliever40,

Thanks! I will try to get them up as soon as possible. Might take a while though... ๐Ÿ˜ข
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-22)
KimSouthO,

Yes, I still have the EVP's and the recordings are over 30 minutes each. I don't currently have a way to splice the audio, but when I do I will throw it up! ๐Ÿ˜ข Also, I have caught evidence on my camcorder, but it was audio as well and nothing physical.

Serenity,

Mahalo for your post! ๐Ÿ˜Š I personally don't believe in reincarnation, but it is something to think about. Thanks again.

Luvparanormal,

Hahaha! Thanks for your post! Yeah, for now it seems that things are positive. There are times that I question this little boy that hangs around our house. I will post more of what happened over the last year. And thanks for your aloha โค!
GhostBeliever40 (27 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-21)
very interesting thank you for sharing. If you still have those EVP's in your DVR please upload them ๐Ÿ˜
SnudtoQueast (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-21)
Wow. That is astounding. Have these two made contact with you, or just with your daughter?
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-20)
Thanks for sharing another great story. Congratulations on the new baby. What a blessing it is to have children. I have two myself.
Based on what you mention, it seems as though they are not agressive towards the baby. One sings a lullaby to sooth baby and the other one wants to play. I hope that this is the case and that your other parts that are yet to be told will not make me eat my words.

โค
Serenity (1 stories) (35 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-01-20)
Your comment that you feel that Nani has been with you from the beginning makes me wonder if this boy the psychic mentioned is not a past child who was lost, but a future child not yet conceived.

Many spiritual people believe that some people have such strong connections that they reincarnate together over several lifetimes - the roles may change but they are always together. Maybe this presence is part of your previous lives who is waiting to join you in the flesh - perhaps he was an older sibling to Nani in a previous life.

Just a thought anyway!
MissJamieAnn (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-19)
I have to say all my life I'd have strange weird happenings that could not be explained... The most profound thing to ever happen was voices in my ear in the dead of night. It happened only once, but I will never forget it, I will never forget the emotions I had that I still can't really put into words. It happened damn near 10 years ago, and I still think of it often. I could not understand what the voices said, but sure as heck know that something was talking.
snowhite (203 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-19)
Still don't understand why the psychic gave you a wrong reading. It reminds me of the movie GHOST, the psychic in the movie just gave people fake reading until she was possesd by a real ghost.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-19)
Do you still have any of the EVP's or voices that you caught on your digital recorder? If so, could you up load them? I would love to hear them.

Also, since you have caught so much with the digital voice recorder, I am wondering what you could catch wuth a video camera. I would be very anxious to hear abiut that, becuase it certainly seems like at least a few of the entities you are dealing with may not be all that shy, especially when it comes to Nani.

Thanks for sharing,
God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: