You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Spectres Paths

Real Ghost Stories

Spectres Paths

 

I started seeing spectres as a teenager. I want to call them spectres instead of ghosts, as such, because they just appeared and disappeared and didn't seem to see me or recur. Still, they had a strong impact on me and made me alert to my surroundings-so thanks spectres.

The first one was my Grandma about 6-7 years after she died. My memories of her were real vivid only she wasn't looking well when I last saw her, not long before she died at 67. I was in the city of Perth, Western Australia and I was about 14. I had just been to the movies to see The Breakfast Club with my friends (80's kids) and we were waiting for a bus home. I was sitting in a bit of a daze and I noticed a lady in cream coloured clothing walking towards me. I thought to myself that she looked like my Grandma. I watched her walk toward me and she was looking straight ahead, not at anything else even though I was staring, probably looking shocked. She walked past me and I knew it was her. I wanted to call her name and follow her but I was frozen. She disappeared the same way she appeared - in kind of a blink. I felt like I was in a slightly trance-like state and that I'd seen something very special and I have never forgotten her. I got my love of dogs from her and I have a lot to thank them for. I didn't tell my father until years later. He wasn't surprised because she had lived and worked near the city and walked past that bus stop every day around that time. Also they were Irish and very strong believers in spirits. I think she wanted me to remember her as I was so young when she died.

The second spectre was a warning. It was in the 80's and I was about 16 years old. Late one afternoon I suddenly had the urge to ride to the Swan River, North Fremantle, which was not far from where I lived. A bicycle path had been finished and I started along it but it was a very quiet and lonely place. There were building sites, bush and open grassy areas along the river. I looked up the path and saw a giant man standing there with a bottle wrapped in a brown paper bag. He looked around 50-60 with long black hair, dark skin and eyes. He was standing in the middle of the path as if frozen just staring at nothing. I have never seen such a formidable looking person since that day. Needless to say I flew away on my bike and when I looked back he had vanished into thin air from the middle of a grassy clearing. He had nowhere to hide just there. He was a massive person yet he didn't seem real and the whole thing was also like a dream.

Not long after this two young girls were attacked at a different location along the Swan River by a killer called Darren Osbourne. The man I saw was not him but to this day I believe he was a spectre blocking me from going any further and I will always remember this day for intuition and pure instinct. Sounds weird I know but I have felt real danger in my life and this was one of those times.

The third spectre I saw at my sister's front gate. It was in the 90's and I was staying with her in a hundred year old house in a town called Pinjarra which has quite a haunted past/gruesome history. The Pinjarra Massacre took place here with Colonists alleged to have slain the local Aboriginal population during settlement days. Again it was late in the afternoon. I was returning from taking our children for a walk and was half a block away from the house when I saw an old man appear in front of it. He was an old Aboriginal man dressed in a suit and hat on a hot day. I didn't see him walk towards the house; he just appeared, stood at the gate for a few seconds, walked away and vanished. Again, there was nowhere for him to go. The kids didn't see him and they were right there with me.

When I got back I asked my sister if she had just seen an old man. She had been watering the garden and she didn't notice which direction he came from. He was looking for his family who used to live there, she said. She also said he looked very old and had a really old shabby suit on and when she told him the people weren't there he just shuffled off and she went back to what she was doing. I told her he didn't walk away he just disappeared in front of the house. She moved not long after. I think this spectre used to live there and was popping in for a visit.

I think these were times when I was ultra-relaxed or wandering along with a perfectly clear mind and totally receptive to my surroundings and I was in these peoples'/spectres' territories or stomping grounds, so to speak.

There's no reason not to believe our own eyes, our minds or our instincts. Something that strikes me as curious is that these sightings all happened at around the same time of day, at about 4-5pm. Twice it occurred on fairly busy roads (normally) and twice I was with other people. It was like time was standing still and no one else was around and there was no noise, even though it was peak hour traffic time of day.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kbordkaos, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kbordkaos (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-25)
Yes that's right. I go to Supreme Court Gardens in my dreams sometimes, strangely enough. It troubles me that I never saw him before he died. He was my dad's stepfather and had no children of his own and dad couldn't stand him but we loved him. Sad thing is he was always in the phone book and we as kids didn't realize. As adults, my sister made contact with him but he died before I got a chance to. I hope he didn't feel he wasn't wanted or we didn't want to know him, he probably thought we forgot him - I never have though - he was a brilliant grampa to us.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-25)
kbordkaos: I know exactly where you are talking about opposite the Supreme Court Gardens am I correct? Thats awful how your Grandpa was cut out of your life is there any chance of finding him again? All the best.

Dan
kbordkaos (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-25)
You're welcome! No Grandma didn't look at me at all but I was willing her to. She didn't look scary or happy or sad, she just looked neutral. She worked for many years as head cook at the old Mounts Bay Hospital in Perth CBD and walked down St Georges Terrace every day and would catch the bus from Barrack St to and from her house near Beaufort St, Mt Lawley. I was sitting at a bus stop outside Saint Martin's Cathedral on St Georges Tce when I saw her. I just remembered that bit. When she died I was only 8, My parents were away and I was devastated and furious because I was not taken to the funeral. And my parents got rid of her dogs and cut my Grandpa out of our lives because they didn't get along with him. That hurt and I never saw him again either. It was quite comforting to have at least seen her again because she looked lovely and I missed her.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
kbordkaos: Being from Perth myself I know of all these locations you speak of, its good to hear things that are from your own area.😊 It seems you are open minded to the spiritual world to have witnessed all these events, I'm glad you had the chance to see your grandmother once more, did she happen to have looked at you by any chance?

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Indigo_Child (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
thank you for this great story. Its amazing how everything goes silent too. Wow...
I look forward to reading some of your other experiences.
Love and light. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: